Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead: The Alien

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Nick Stroh, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Nick Stroh

Nick Stroh Member

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, shit. We can finally put the "do you think we'll run into Rick's brother Jeff?" threads to bed.

Nice little side-story, but I really hope it never ties into the comics. Because Claudia actually finding Rick would be the cheesiest thing since Velveeta.

#2 Neuropyramidal, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  3. Sco

Sco Member

Well that was unnecessary.

Thanks for killing Jeff?

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Richie? Not up to Kirkman standards. But it was -- 'fun'.

For those put off by a price - just put in 0.00 and download. It's free.

5. Krakatau

Krakatau Member

I really liked it. Anything that adds to the story. Ties up that small end of Rick's brother.

6. Neuropyramidal

I put in 0.00. I'm not going to pay for an outside entity cashing in on the TWD franchise until I see what its all about. :p. So I paid 0 to see what it was all about.

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It's OK. I would like confirmation from RK himself if he would consider this cannon though. Likely authorized by him, but something feels a bit off...

And Richie? Really? OK, I'm down with that. Jeff really does not live up to the Grimes family legacy though, does he? Even his Nephew is more of a bad*** than he is.

8. Krakatau

Krakatau Member

Confirmed on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/status/722876902973673474

• Like Like x 1
  9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

10. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

maybe he just fell asleep...

I don't know if it would be terribly "cheesy" for her to find Rick, but timeline would be interesting. I guess I am thinking we know that there is a "waterworld" contingent in the comic, so, having some boat folks make it to the DC area, especially if they are looking for a cure or research, that could be a natural location and Alexandria is close to DC.

However, if this is right after the outbreak, it seems odd if Claudia took as long to get to the DC area as Rick's group does. Obviously, by that time she would know that there is no cure or research or anything anywhere.

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Well, the boat would have landed along the east coast from there... Assuming they came this way. Entirely possible that they wound up in that area, maybe even picked up by the seaside community. She could have been there this whole time for all we know.

The big one for me, would be to see Clementine wind up in the comic proper. As cheesy as some would say it would be, It would only be coincidence as we followed both stories from the start. Perhaps at the end of Season 3 she winds up at the gates of ASZ, Hilltop, or even winds up joining the Whisperers for all we know. Heck! Claudia could be one of them too! Not like we have seen but a couple outside of their masks.

12. Krakatau

Krakatau Member

Wonder if this was just a one and done or something that will run a few issues...now I want to know what happened to Claudia.

13. Neuropyramidal

It would be the cheesiest thing since they invented concentrated cheese balls made out of concentrated cheese. Some guy that she knows for about one day in Spain, who just mentions his brother in the US, without a last name, and she happens to go to the US and randomly find that brother, 5 or 6 years later? Utter nonsense.

I trust that Kirkman won't succumb to this kind of cheese.

14. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

It's not like doing the same thing with the current world population...If you find a few interconnected communities in the Area of Rick, you basically have a way to connect with that entire region of living people.

It could be worse.

I mean EVERYONE could call Rick Richie...

15. CJakes

CJakes New Member

​Well I liked it! They kind of left the end like a Glenn under the dumpster thing.

16. rotten taint

rotten taint Member

I really liked it a lot. I wish I would of paid for it now (at least a couple of dollars). I hope this is an ongoing; I really like another writer and artist take on TWD comics.

I wouldn't want Claudia to meet Rick; I would enjoy her own adventures... If any thing she can meet Michonne on the open sea and maybe have a pirate battle.

17. Neuropyramidal

18. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

19. Neuropyramidal

Which doesn't surprise me, really. I've tried reading about 3 other comics of Kirkman's and I've never been able to get passed about issue 10. I just can't get into his other stuff. I think its because at heart I'm not a comic book person. The Walking Dead was kind of my sole love affair with comics. That, and Preacher.

Kirkman isn't the creator of the Alien one, so he'll probably make less money than if it was his own creation. To be honest, I doubt he was even the one who pushed for this to be printed. With the TV show and its spin-offs going on, the money this Alien issue would bring in would probably be like pinning a food stamp to the feathers of a golden goose.

But who knows.

20. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah I had issues with Kirkman's writing style in TWD and decided not to even bother with any of his other stuff. I just know what the other stuff he does is selling like because it gets posted on comichron.

I wouldn't really call myself a comic person either. I just read comics from franchises that I got into-Star Wars and TWD. To be honest after reading the Star Wars stuff as well I realized that there are a lot better writers out there in the comic business than Kirkman. Kirkman has a habit of being a bit of a cliched storyteller. You can at times tell that he doesn't have the background in writing that some others do. Kirkman basically got lucky with an idea that caught on with readers but there are original characters in the Star Wars stories that I read that I feel are better developed after only twenty issues than some of the TWD characters that were around for three to four times as long. Part of that of course was that Kirkman was juggling a lot of characters but it also felt like he didn't plot out the stories of his characters very well either at times.