Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Whispers are Silent.

Discussion in 'Episode 1016 - A Certain Doom' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I for one am glad they ended it decisively, and we didn't take the tail end of the war into the bonus episodes. We kind of knew they wouldn't once they announced those would be anthological, but still. I was okay with how it ended. Swim with the fishies, Beta.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Beta's death is kind of blah. For one, Daryl dropped two knives (at least 150mm long) into Beta's eyes. This should have killed Beta immediately. But, somehow, Beta could still pull the knives out.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The knives went almost straight down. They didn't go back towards the brain, they angled down, into his face.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Glad the whisperer war is over. Felt like that took forever

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

In what was otherwise an almost impeccable episode, the death of Beta seemed like an anti-climax. All over in a moment, without the 30 minute slug-fest I'd anticipated. Instead we get a drawn out death with monochrome overhead shots that made it look like an advert for a cool clothing brand or maybe Beta's trademarked body spray. Just needed a sexy whisper at the end: "Corpse. For men, for women, for ever".

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I completely agree. It was way too quick. But I liked how it happened. In the middle of the hoard, endeavoured by his beloved Dead. I loved the “hey, shithead” and the knives in the eyes, and that this was a collaboration kill between Daryl and Negan. I really liked the dialogue after too, Negan recognising him, and Daryl dismissing his fame to label him as a nobody. Perfect. I felt somewhat ambivalent about the flashbacks (though now I find them hilarious as a perfume advert). In order for them to work better to make this an epic death, the actual death scene should have been longer. If not epic, at least it will go down as one of the most iconic deaths of the series. I’m just glad he’s finally gone.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

They should have cut his head off then let alpha beta unit by doing their head popsicle sticks real close to each other so close they can chew on each other's faces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I saw this way to late and it all felt awkward. Why did they have to drag a bunch of boomboxes and similar out from the hospital (Was it even one?) to a wagon and then pull the zombies?

They still act as if they cannot build warmachines and crazy contrapments with Eugen around.

Worst villian of the show was Alpha and Beta. Extremely lame and unrealistic even for Walking Dead.

They are gone now finally! Lydia can become a proper person. Not sure why the rest of the filler episodes is not on Disney+ although!