Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The White Princess

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by southernlady, Mar 3, 2017.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I know right?!

I like the Queen that Lizzie became. Maybe she finally understood her mothers drive. I do still wish they would test the remains of the bones they found in the Tower, that could put the theory of Prince Richard having escaped to rest.

From what history tells us, Henry VII remained loyal to his mother until the end. But I did enjoy seeing her get hers in the show last night! I just wish they would continue the series. I enjoyed The White Queen, but I thought The White Princess was so much better!

• Like Like x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I wanted more too, but I guess all the drama occurred during the transition and early part of Henry's reign. Once all the claimants to the throne were eliminated, apparently there was peace and prosperity in the kingdom and within the marriage. Doesn't make for much of a show..

• Like Like x 1
  3. southernlady

This is true. I would have liked to see Catherine of Aragon come to court, and see a little more of Prince Arthur even though he died very young. Also to see how Henry VIII ascended to the throne. I guess I'll started a binge watch of The Tudors again lol.

4. southernlady

I don't know how I missed this, but I just found out about a book - Eleanor, The Secret Queen. Synopsis below - I just downloaded the book. Can't wait to read it!

When Edward IV died in 1483, the Yorkist succession was called into question by doubts about the legitimacy of his son, Edward (one of the "Princes in the Tower"). The crown passed to Edward's undoubtedly legitimate younger brother, Richard, Duke of Gloucester. But those who believed in the legitimacy of Edward IV's children viewed Richard III's accession with suspicion. From the day when Edward IV married Eleanor, or pretended to do so, the House of York confronted an uncertain future. This book argues that Eleanor Talbot was married to Edward IV, therefore Edward's subsequent marriage to Elizabeth Woodville was bigamous, making her children illegitimate. It also offers a solution to one of history's great mysteries, by putting forward groundbreaking new evidence that calls into question the identity of the "bones in the urn" in Westminster Abbey, believed for centuries to be the remains of the "Princes in the Tower."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. southernlady

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. purriwinkle

Saw the previews too. Looks good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. southernlady

Did you recognize the actress? Myranda from Game of Thrones!

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. purriwinkle

No I didn't. I'll look again. I usually notice things like that but sometimes it escapes me. Thanks.

10. Lindigo

The Spanish Princess, Part II, airing in 2020!!!!

I loved Part I.

11. southernlady

I've been recording it, haven't watched it yet. My neighbor said it started out a little slow but she is enjoying it now.

12. Lindigo

I liked it so much, I was sad to have the last episode. And then the flash at the end about Part II coming next year made me break into a grin. It was like the ending in Back to the Future when the big auditorium started cheering to realize that there was going to be another movie.

It was fun to see Maggie de la Poole literally grow up from being a girl in The White Princess to being a married woman with children in The Spanish Princess. (She was the person I could most identify with in wanting to keep everyone safe and just stay the hell away from deadly court intrigue.)

And watching Prince Henry's grandmother physically age as she went deeper and deeper into moral ruin. Nasty, thoroughly riveting spider spinning her webs.

The wonderful secondary romances with the ladies in waiting.

As always, the costuming was glorious perfection.

13. purriwinkle

I'm catching up now. I'm enjoying it so far. I like Maggie's character as well, but am afraid for her future in view of what happened to her hubby. I have a couple more epi's to watch so I guess I'll have to stay tuned.
    Considering what eventually transpired historically, Catherine would have been better off with the father rather than the son, IMO. Maggie warned her.

• Like Like x 1