Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The World Beyond

Discussion in 'TWD3 Discussion' started by Sharpie61, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

What amazes me is that through all these different series and seasons, they’ve never used a character’s name more than once. No one else will ever be named Rick, Carol, Madison or Daniel, for example.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not for the main cast maybe, but supporting characters have had names repeated. For instance, there are 3 people named Bob in the main show. Bob Stookey, Bob Lamson, and Bob Miller. And there was a Bob Adams at Woodbury, although we were never shown which background actor he was.

4. Biffster

Hmmm. Never noticed the Bobs before.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

There were a few other repeats, like Sam [both Sam Anderson from ASZ, and Sam who travelled with Ana in S4 and later got his head bashed in at Terminus. And Tara's pre-ZA girlfriend was named Sam, although that doesn't count haha, and I think there have been 4 Dave/Davids [Tara's father, David Chambler, with lung cancer, David from the prison who Carol burned, David at ASZ who got bit helping with the quarry horde, and Dave from "Tony and Dave" that showed up at the bar with Hershel et al. And there was a Henry and Luke at the prison. Smaller stuff like that.

#5 Neuropyramidal, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Biffster

You really pay attention to the details.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on the preview. The beginning made it feel almost like a teen drama which I'm not excited about, but the ending infused what looked like a more rigid/authoritarian community. That would interesting.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I came in thinking Twilight teen angst. Then the leader came in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Pure speculation but what the hell

The new series is set to premiere Spring of 2020

TWD episode 1016 will be April 12 (episode 1009 is slated for a 02/23/2020 premiere)

I would not be surprised if The World Beyond premieres following the TWD season finale on April 12. I do hope that is not the case but more than likely will be.

If that happens then the 10 episode season will end on 06/14/2020. I am assuming of course that they will just air all 10 episodes in succession. Of course if they throw a curve ball and actually wait until Sunday April 19 to premiere the new series then it should end 06/21/2020.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Maybe it will end on 6/28/20

12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

So, this new series has the show title ''The World Beyond''.
    I wonder, if this has anything to do with the Walking Dead Season 10 MSF which has the title ''The World Before''? Coincidence? Intended or not?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The fact that it's going to follow TWD, before FTWD s6, makes me wonder if there isn't a direct connection coming.

It's believed by some that Michonne will leave TWD because she goes in search for Rick. Now we know Rick won't be in WB, but one of the communities in the network that took him will be. So I'm wondering if the two shows find a direct link in some way. I don't mean characters will cross over, but that doesn't mean story lines can't.

14. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Looks like news has come out that this show is going to be a limited series and that it will only run for two seasons.

So either they don't think the show is any good or they are actually getting a little smarter in regards to their Walking Dead properties and are now choosing to tell specific stories and not just throw things out into the wind like they have done with the TWD franchise so far.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it isn't just to serve the larger story. Since the first crossover I've believed they wanted to build a "universe" for TWD. It's no secret that IPs want to follow the MCU in terms of building a larger universe that contains their stories. Star Wars is doing it, DC tried. I think that's the goal for TWD too.

We know that World Beyond, TWD, FTWD, and the Rick movies will all be connected through the CRM. They are the connecting point between all these stories. I don't think they will combine the characters into some "Avengers" type movie/series. But I think each series will connect to the others, some loosely, some directly.

I don't think there will be a ton of crossover characters, and those that do will probably only be cameo type situations. But the stories themselves will connect. In a way like we saw the CRM in FTWD. We were introduced to a character that is part of the group that took Rick. We didn't see Rick, we didn't even hear about him. But we know that woman might run into Rick in the future. Hell, she could have been on the helicopter that picked him up.

Because that's where my mind is, I'm thinking that this limited series will be more of an introduction into that group. Instead of giving them a few episodes here and there on TWD, we will get a 20 episodes introducing those people and how they operate. That way when we do get to the Grimes movies, or TWD group does finally encounter them, we will already know who they are.

Because it's airing right after the season 10 finale, I'm wondering if there won't be a direct connection between the two shows. Like maybe the episode ends with Eugene talking to his radio friend, and the season premiere of WB opens with that woman's side of the same conversation.

16. lastcat3

That's entirely possible however I kind of have a feeling that if it was always intended to be a limited series they would have announced it as limited a long time ago. Heck we already know the Obi Wan series is a one season deal and I don't think they have even started filming yet. Also all of a sudden turning a show into a limited series goes against how AMC has handled this property up to this point where they seem to want to squeeze every ounce of life out of it that they can.

I guess we will have a better grasp of this question in a few months. If the show turns out to just be a big pile of dog crap and it turns out to be just as big of a teeny bopper show as we were fearing than I think there is a good chance they decided to turn into a limited run because they knew it wouldn't land with audiences.

Even though Fear hasn't been good for a couple seasons now at least it has managed to develop a few characters that people care about. If this new show can't manage to do that and the storylines also end up being just as dull as the past couple seasons of Fears has than there isn't any point in having it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I didn't even think about AMC never intending on it being a limited series, but you are right. If they always believed that why not be up front about it when it was first announced?

Makes sense that they looked at the numbers, maybe even saw the reactions to the trailer and decided to limit the series. If it's a hit they could always add more seasons. It would look a lot worse if they never announced it was limited then cut it short after 2 years. The optics would be that it failed. So announcing it now that it's a limited series could lessen that kick back and maybe even generate some more interest.

18. lastcat3

Yeah and judging by the trailer they chose to release for it I think they were really trying to draw in a younger audience than what TWD really has right now. If they don't think that is working (or will work) with this show then might as well end the experiment and continue to focus on making shows for the current fan base.

Also they likely have a lot more of the season finished now than they did when they released the initial trailer and probably have a much better idea for how the initial season plays out than they did then. Like you said though if they don't think it is very good it is better to just turn it into a limited series than to wait until you get official reactions before putting a close on it. And if it turns out better than they expect it to they can always extend the life of it.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think it's a positive that they are setting this series up as a two season run. They know from the start what their story is and its destination. So I'm a little more optimistic about the show's potential now.

20. lastcat3

Oh I am too if it wasn't done simply because they thought the show wasn't very good. Two seasons of ten episodes each would only leave room for a very precise story to be told and we wouldn't have to sit through 6-8 episodes each season that were pretty much just filler because the network was demanding a certain amount of episodes to be made.

However it is a little concerning that they didn't announce it was only going to be two seasons long until the show was only a couple months away.