Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The writers had me, they really really had me!

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by mtamborra, Mar 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

1) Best episode EVER!!!!!!!

2) I honestly thought Shane was turning over a new leaf. I mean him going to Rick about what Carl said to him and then the whole Randall thing. I really thought he took that bruise to head and killed Randall for the benefit of the group so they didn't have to worry about a renegade group attacking them....I had no idea it was all a murder plot to kill Rick (if you try and say you suspected this, I won't believe you)

3) Rick getting to kill Shane and get revenge and waste Shane and Carl getting to shoot him as well, kind of true to the comic but different enough that it wasn't boring

4) The whole "everyone is infected thing". I already knew this from the comic and the rise of the governor book but WOW, they portrayed it very well

5) knowing that next episode is going to start with a Zombie herd!

I really was starting to like Shane and thought he was taking one for the team and then he had to be a dik and try to kill Rick. I'm wondering if Rick put Lori up to that conversation to set Shane off, but I don't know if Rick is that sneaky

I still think Rick is a tool for wanting to let Randall live. I really hope it turns out that he somehow knew someone else would kill him but I think he is too goody goody for that. Still, the sneaky way in which he shanked Shane was great

RESPECT WRITERS! my adrenaline is still pumping

2. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

They sure as hell got me with Rick killing Shane. I honestly thought Daryl and Glenn were going to pop out of the woods, and Daryl headshotting Shane, since he already knew what the man was up to.

3. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I didn't suspect, I knew! lol But that's because I have my sources. I am sure it would have stunned me too if I didn't know what I knew.

Highly unlikely. If Rick wanted him dead, all he had to do was leave him with the walkers at the school bus. I think Rick sincerely did hope they'd all get past it and salvage whatever they could out of their old friendship.

4. boutte

boutte Active Member

Yay! Rick finally killed the bastard! Gonna miss his psycho ass though. He kept things interesting.

5. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I loved his little Eulogy on the Talking Dead.
    Goodbye Shane, you were a loose cannon, but you were our loose cannon.

6. Kenster

Kenster Member

That was priceless!

Now I want to steal Frodo's invisibility cloak from Carl.

7. Cyn

Cyn New Member

Yep, had me fooled too and now I'm red faced about last week's hissy fit when they killed off Dale and kept Shane. :zombies_blush:

8. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

I thought he was just executing Randall as well. Didn't know Shane had such an elaborate plan.

9. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

at the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, the invisibility cloak was in Harry Potter. Frodo went invisible when he put the Ring on.

10. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I actually didn't like the episode. I'm not a fan of inconsistant characterization, and I just don't see Rick killing Shane in that way, or Shane doing that to rick. It felt really forced to me, like "uh, I know Shane's gotta die this episode, lets have him go nuts, try to duel Rick while a whole field of walkers are coming their way! Yeah!"

Plus there's the brat Carl, once again having run away from Lori to follow dad out to the fields. That kid needs to be locked somwhere, he never stays put!

I just don't see Shane doing the underhanded skullduggery stuff. He's too direct to be setting up Randall to take the fall for Rick.

Overall, it felt awkward and heavyhanded to me.

#10 Zombie Lover, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  11. Geek the Lamebrain

Aye, but Frodo did have an Elven cloak that allowed him to blend in to his surroundings.
    But yes, the Invisibility Cloak was in Harry Potter.
    It seems that I, too, am a nerd.

12. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

:dead:Sorry to burst your bubble mtamborra but not only did I know, but a secretary friend who is a typical Midwestern soccer mom texted me as soon as the Daryl/Glenn and Shane/Rick parted ways and told me SHE KNEW Shane was leading Rick “out to pasture.” Despite you being absolutely correct about it being an incredible episode, Shane’s motives were not impossible to see. :)

13. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Especially whereas, he started executing plans directly after the Lori apology and you could see how suspicious Rick was eyeballing him the whole time.

14. Belha

Belha Member

This episode was so good I could cry!!!

15. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

How dare you keep your cell phone on during the walking dead! :)

Hey I'll give you that, some people are more perceptive of me. In my mind I really though Shane was trying to protect the group and that little Lori speech just motivated him more to do so....Like I said, they really really had me :)

16. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Its interesting the different lens that people see the characters through. You saw his taking Randall out into the woods to kill him, then ducking and hiding behind bushes when he found the group discovered Randall missing as a protective measure, others saw this as some one being quite sneaky and up to no good.

17. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I figured Shane was up to something major, (IE off Rick) once he ran headfirst into the tree, killed Randall, and then hid his gun & fabricated that lame story of getting jumped. For what other reason would he have for lying but to try and kill the man between him and what he wanted??!? Dale was dead, and he figured if he killed Rick he would be BMOC with no objections and oppositions!!
    I have always hated the Shane character from Day One anyways, and after his whole "Curly" routine in the shed with Randall (slapping his head like a loon), it wasn't too hard to see he was up to no good. Good riddance Shane Walsh (may maggots breed in your anal cavity and cows lay pies on your face)!!!

18. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

LMAO @ Curly routine.

On a serious note, I would think that alone would be a tip off that this sicko is considering something very sneaky and underhanded that is anything but heroic proportions.

19. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

I loved Shane's character but that would be cool, just imagine this;

Shane: "You have a broken women, a weak boy, I'm a better FATHER THEN YOU RICK-"

*Bolt/Arrow from Daryl's crossbow hits Shane from behind and the tip goes all the way through to his mouth, and it just sticks out*

xD

20. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

I thought that something bad was coming when Lori had her little venting session with Shane by the car. Telling him she didn't know who the father was? Seriously bad judgment. She gave him just enough hope to trigger the assasination attempt.

It's a shame to lose a breeding female at this point, but I'm seriously hoping she gets eaten. I was rooting for the walker that she ran over, but she got lucky (again) there.