Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The writing is getting pretty lazy.

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by mtito914, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'm not understanding?

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Just a lil levity. This silly question of mine harkens back to that erroneous question 'did Hershel wanna die' ...don't worry the baby doesn't wish to die;)

3. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

It's a joke. A troll here has started a bunch of stupid threads recently. One of them was "Did Hershel want to die?"

4. Prufrock

Oh, yes- I remember...because Hershell had that "smug" look on his face:Grin:

5. HeadlessHershel

It most certainly is (in the walker fiction world) and it's probably the most humane way if you don't have any bullets. I will be so pissed if they turn Lizzie into some kind of serial killer though.

6. Dulak

Dulak Member

To be honest I could see this happening ... carol being kicked out but her not wanting to leave so just hanging back a bit and following some people that left ...

granted not the best segway for carol to enter the scene again but still not bad

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

If she had killed a walker approaching Mika that would have been great too.

8. thewalkingmummy

i must have missed this. How did this get explained??

9. Prufrock

Ty's arm wound

10. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

When Rick and Carl looked for Judith in the baby capsule it was filled with blood. We now understand that that was Tyreese's blood.

11. bridgebot

bridgebot Member

I definitely think Carol should feel differently about Karen/David vs Judith. Maybe she didn't realize Lizzie was intending to kill Judith that scene, instead just keep her quiet, which is understandable since someone barging in on the two girls wouldn't notice Lizzie's creepy smile/zone out. But as long as Carol hasn't gone completely over the edge (and I definitely don't think she has) she would have a BIG problem with Lizzie killing the baby. But that also doesn't explain the fact that we didn't see the scene where she meets up with the girls.

12. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I think that you are forgetting one important aspect of the bus people. Fear. Those were the weak, sick, scared people on that bus. Was Ms. McLeod and Jeanette dragging dead bodies off of the bus? Probably not. If one of the stronger fighters were on the bus, they probably would have done things the right way and gotten rid of the recently deceased. If Glenn had stayed on the bus, they probably would have lived. He would have taken care of business. These were scared weak people speeding off in the night, headed for nowhere. They didn't follow ZA protocol and they died. End of story

13. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

The back of the bus had quite a few bullet holes, more than a couple of people would have been hit and killed when the bus was leaving.

14. jhough

jhough New Member

I had a problem with the scene where Maggie is on the bus, and kills the last zombie, which sort of looks like Glenn from behind, we never see the zombies face. And the scene closes with a 1 minute shot on Maggie's face, which she looks in terror, the scene was supposed to have the viewer under the impression and tension that Maggie just killed Glenn's zombie, they go to commercial without panning from her face, and the viewer is full of this tension... WELL THE RUINED IT BECAUSE IN PREVIEW SCENES WE CLEARLY SEE GLENN LYING ON A SMASHED CONCRETE LEDGE, NOT ANYWHERE ON OR NEAR THE BUS. So I was literally sitting there watching this scene of Maggie flipping out internally, and I am yelling at the TV "COME ON, WE KNOW ITS NOT GLENN, STOP DRAGGING THIS STUPID SCENE OUT, WE KNOW ITS NOT HIM!" For the whole 1 minute scene. A WASTE OF SCREEN TIME IN MY OPINION, and I HATE when directors do stuff like that.

It's terrible communication between editors, directors, and whoever makes the previews.

15. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Shut up, if Gimple wasn't writing right now every main character would be dead, and The Governor still alive.

16. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

It looked to me like her crying slowly turned into some kind of relief/laughter in a noir kind of way as it got closer to the commercial interruption.

17. jhough

jhough New Member

That is totally irrelevant to what I posted. Thank you for your amazing input RarreKZ

18. jhough

jhough New Member

Yes, without showing the zombies face, we (the viewer) were supposed to interperet that smile as "psych! the zombie wasn't glenn afterall!) Sorry I was gonna mention that in the first post. The whole scene was off, and ruined, because they flashed glenn alive and well in a different place in previews.

19. Country

Country Member

I do think that this episode was awesome overall but you really had the feeling that they would trying to stretch certain scenes to fill the episode and it was so exhausting watching Glenn literally sighing for about three minutes -_-.

20. jhough

jhough New Member

YES! Thank you! Without a doubt, directors for movies and shows stretch things and cut things to make it that hour long show. I had no problem with the dragging out of Maggie's scene, but that they totally ruined it in the previews. That would be like showing Han Solo alive and well in a preview for Jedi Returns. I tend to think it would ruin the whole frozen carbonite scene.