Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The writing is getting pretty lazy.

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by mtito914, Feb 16, 2014.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nope. Ep5 goes in to the night and then the gov scene is the next morning in daylight.

Rick told Maggie right away and then went to tell Hershel. Daryl didn't get back until later.

2. cakebythepound

No, the Internment episode is its own day, really. Hershel saving everyone and Rick and Carl shooting down all those walkers takes place the night Rick gets back. Then the next morning, the Daryl/Michonne/Bob/Tyreese group returns, which is the same day the Governor comes in.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

This. The last time we saw her was running from behind the tank after the grenade which we now know she later got to the cage.

4. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Thanks that sounds right, I wish I had saved that episode on my DVR (and all of s4 first half) they were all still available free on-demand until just recently, once "After" aired they took them down dang it!

5. Caryl

Caryl Member

Don't they get back that night? Soon after the Rick/Carl/crap ton of walkers scene? The next morning is when Daryl is trying to find Carole, Hershel tells him to go find Rick, Rick retreats to the safety of his peas, and Hershel and Michonne take their ill fated trip outside the gates to bury walkers. That's how I remember it. My only question was if Hershel and Michonne spent the night with the Governor. The more I think about the more I think not as right after Rick finally mans up and faces Daryl they go off to find Tyreese and that's when they hear the tank round going into one of their towers. So really only two nights have passed since Carol's banishment and her finding Tyreese and the kids.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is accurate except Daryl returns at night but isn't told yet.
    Lol I keep me for forum shenanigans.

7. cakebythepound

Right yes. I was thinking of the scene with Hershel and Daryl when I said that, but yeah, they pulled up as Rick and Carl were done.

8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

So far, that is turning out to be my favorite thing about Gimple...

Maybe when this season is over, and sometime in the summer when I watch S4 all in one back to back shot Gimple's greatness will hit me.... but right now I must say that i'm not very impressed.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Agree. Seeing Tara is like seeing a cardboard cutout of a real character. The sooner she's off the show the better.

10. Chaos

Chaos Member

That a random meet up of Carol is much more realistic than the dramatic and extremely unlikely situation you prefer. Also the one shot is not the explanation for the multiple walkers so the question is meaningless.

11. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

That actually happened when I saw season 2 back to back. At first, I wasn't that high on it, especially the first half. After re-watching it for the first time, I appreciated it much more. The whole Sophia arc is hard to watch when you have to wait a week for the new episode, but when you don't it works much better.

12. Undertaker

Undertaker Member

Her return was fine. It's not like anybody can tell someone they're going to meet up them through text messages or e-mail anymore.

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Personally I think the writing was genius. They set up the events perfectly so Rick would not be able to tell Tyreese about Carol, so they planned far in advance that Carol would meet up with Tyreese. That's planned writing.

If they wrote it any other way, either Rick could not tell anyone in the group what happened to Carol (which would be very bad writing, suddenly carol is gone and nobody asks?) or they'd have to have Rick tell tyreese about carol in which case we wouldn't get this extremely juicy plot of tyreese, the kids and carol being a group together. They designed it well to end up where we are at.

14. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Zackly.
    HEHE ZA protocol rule#1 always buddy up with someone who's slower than you:Grin:

15. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

At first I was a bit "Hmmm?" with how Carol showed up. Though I was fine when she said she saw the end of the battle and saw them fleeing. It was just 1 day after her exile, so makes sense she would go back near what is familiar the next day and not just go away as Rick asked. She probably followed the dirty diaper/cries.

16. xkidhyppi

xkidhyppi New Member

People are giving to much thought to everything, you're basically saying you want details of everything but you don't notice that too much detail will take the entertainment away. Who cares what happens to anyone besides the main characters.

17. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

Unfortunately the people who make the previews work for the network and have nothing to do with the people that produce the show, and they are morons!

That's one of the reasons I try to avoid seeing previews, unfortunately I didn't avoid seeing this one and was pissed because all of the tension of the entire bus scene was completely ruined.

#117 Danger Bunny, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  18. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

My problem with Carol's return isn't the (after the fact) explanation for it, my problem is how it was presented. Carol is banished and left as Rick drives off then a few episodes later "boing!" there's Carol popping up just in time to save the day! I know it was supposed to be a surprise and we were all supposed to be happy and all that but I was still pissed at Tyreese for leaving the girls in the forest, still creeped out at Lizzy killing Judith, pissed at Tyreese for hearing the girls fire a shot and not running back to them but instead helping complete strangers who have already been bit! then they have Carol "appear" via a cheezy camera move -- it was the same disappointment in the writing I have anytime a show has the good guys disarm the bomb with 1 second left!

How about prior to Carol's return we have a couple of scenes with Tyreese telling the girls to stop and listen because he thinks he heard something -- something that would give us a hint that something was going on, that something or someone may be following them.

Story wise we needed to see the governor's journey post Woodbury. It would have been crap if the governor just appeared at the fence with a tank and a crew of people. It was crap that Carol just appeared with the kids safe and sound.

Plus I was very disapointed that we didn't get at least part of an episode dealing with Carol being on her own.

19. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you. In the show's timeline I know Carol was gone for only a day going on 2 days when the Governor attacked, but to the audience it was longer. The least the writers could have done was build up her return better than that. You heard gunshots then all of a sudden Carol appears out of thin air with the girls. It was lame.

Also there was no real suspense when Maggie thought the Walker on the bus was Glen because the previews already gave away his whereabouts. Imagine how suspenseful that scene would have been if the viewers had no clue like Maggie?