Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The X's.

Discussion in 'Episode 914 - Scars' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This could have been a TV friendly remix of what Michonne went through in the comics with the governor.

I thought the story overall of how they get the X's was okay, but it had a few technical eyebrow waggers. Like the fact that Daryl and Michonne went out alone to find the kids. That should have been more of a community effort. I get that they had to be alone in order to be believable a group of kids overpowered them, but they probably should have taken a few seconds to show other Alexandrians going off to search in different directions. Or...maybe that IS what happened....

Either way, Dean Turner was an asshole, he and his 1000 signatures and his great dinner and everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sully

Sully Active Member

Yes I definitely think more groups went out.

Can't imagine the parents of those other kids sitting idly by while their kids are missing.

Even then though, who decided that just Daryl and a pregnant Michonne would be fine alone?'

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I guess it depends on how long they went out/did they raise the alarm ( most likely would have considering other people say evidence of bloodshed) Could it be that Daryl and Michonne were a tiny group while there were others? You would hope so. It also probably depends on how long they were out there for, to be the two that discovered the location. Sometimes this show makes me not understand the logic but then I try to ignore haha

4. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

It’s probable there were other groups. Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene, Siddiq, Scott, Frankie, and the other two parents were all at the gate when Michonne and co returned. Maybe they were the last search party to come back?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Off topic but on topic. I still don’t understand the purpose of the Xes

• Like Like x 1
  6. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I also assumed that others must have been out searching, maybe not ALL the parents but at least a few. Even Aaron for example. Some time must have passed while Daryl and Michonne were held captive, which would explain why they went back to the camp alone, making it seem like they were the only ones out there looking for the kids. It seriously doesn't seem credible that they would be the only two looking. But even though one can assume they weren't alone, I agree that they should have at least shown a few of them heading out together and then splitting up.

Plus wouldn't someone have been out there looking for Daryl and Michonne when they didn't get back right away? The longer they were out there, the more it meant that finding the kids wasn't easy and therefore more help was needed.

Maybe being a filler/flashback they didn't think it was necessary to go into detail?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The purpose was to use the branding of a person as yet another step in Jocelyn's brainwash training to toughen up the kids so to speak.

She had one of them repeat the lesson "mark the kill, kill the mark" As was noted either on the forum or in an interview this was yet another way to dehumanize the victim, to make the kill less personal. The goal being that once the act of branding is accomplished then the second act of killing the branded is less convuluted with such nonsense as emotion, ethics, normal and decent behavior these children were no doubt taught by their now dead parents. Someone performs these acts over and over they at some point become rote, second nature. Jocelyn wants to erradicate these constraints from the children so that they are able to effectively live in the new world.

Of course this is a pretty crappy view on how to live in the world but then again Jocelyn is a bit touched in the head. And her teaching methods are quite drastic to say the least.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

Ok. I’ll accept this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Xcellent!

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

well, we can all sleep better tonight knowing that you are now satisfied with the X situation
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. PepperAnn

It made no sense!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. calliope

calliope Active Member

Daryl wasn't even in Alexandria when the kids went missing. They had made a point of showing us that he was already living out there on his own so someone had to go find him first.

I'm thinking that maybe the other groups went out straight away and Michonne either sent someone to get Daryl or went by the river herself before starting to search. It would explain why the two of them were alone and late to return.

• Like Like x 1