Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Their Current Location

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Strand states to his esteemed associate on the radio that they were in Capistrano Bight.

Here we can see Capistrano Bight is a shallow bay just south of Dana Point.

[​IMG]

Zooming out, we see its location in relation to all the other shit.

[​IMG]

Above we see it is just east of Santa Catalina Island, where they department from the Geary's house. And it is also about 80 miles or so N/NW of the little town Strand mentioned, Rosarito [R].

Below we note the town of Rosarito. Strand said the magic house was in the hills, just SE of Rosarito. As we see, here, those hills are El Gato.

[​IMG]

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I really like the sound of them going to mexico

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Where was the island/land with the airplane crash? I don't know anywhee near these areas that you can find desert like that

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It was on AMC,didn't you notice the commercials?

5. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

the less people the better, you have to stay away from the cities and surrounding suburbs

6. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Did anybody watch the sneak peek for 2x04? I think they're showing the border patrol, hence the helicopters and the patrol boats. Since the border is apparently shut down, Mexico seems to be intact, or at least somewhat.

7. Neuropyramidal

I doubt Mexico is intact. I think it will end up being just the last vestiges of the border patrol, trying to do its job. The same way the national guard was still protecting and operating a few safe zones in Los Angeles, even though most of the country was gone.

8. Neuropyramidal

It was mainland. In the Capistrano Bight. There's probably no area that looks like that in real life in the bight, because they are actually filming farther south, in Baja. But that's where it was suppose to be.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

And Nick was nekkid!!

Kidding aside, that fact alone has me SUPER curious for episode 4. Why is Nick swimming, alone, to shore? Where is everyone else? He was neither pushed nor fell overboard because he has a plastic bag containing what I assume to be clothes for him to put on once he reached the shore.

10. Neuropyramidal

I'm wondering if some bad people [Jack] have hijacked the yacht by then, and Nick escapes, in order to become a wild card. That doesn't exactly explain why he's naked....but....

11. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I know of really no where South of LA that looks like that, but that is the likely area where the wreckage of 462 would be found. We last saw it taking a hard Southern bank at relatively high speed north of Santa Monica, presumably attempting to get into LAX.

12. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I don't know about that, since the whole border was shut down. The Mexican government may have a handle on this whole thing. At least for now.

13. Neuropyramidal

I'm very much doubting it. George doesn't know anything about the whole border. He was only in contact with a few other ranger stations that gave him info. He only knew that the border on the coast between San Diego and Tijuana was shut down.

Although even if its only a tiny rogue outfit that is still securing the border in that location, it will will be an interesting social commentary, the idea that the Mexico/U.S border situation is reversed.

#13 Neuropyramidal, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  14. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I guess not. But their may be a good chunk of Mexican society still intact. That's what I'm hoping at least.

Maybe instead the Mexican government was able to secure certain cities/towns along their coast?

15. Neuropyramidal

Its possible, but my guess is that Mexico is in largely the same situation as the U.S. Maybe they managed to secure a fairly large safe zone around Tijuana at the border, and they are trying to protect it. I guess we'll find out soon. :)

16. AAG331

AAG331 Member

But If that's the case, I don't see why the US was unable to do the same. Or maybe they have, but we just haven't seen it yet.

17. Neuropyramidal

But if Mexico was intact, then it would be even more of a question of why the US wasn't able to do the same. :p.

But yeah, we've only seen small portions of the US, so there may have been some larger safe zones around here and there, for awhile.

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Maybe he was in the shower, when Jack came aboard. Grabbed the bag and jump overboard.
    BTW - He doesn't stay squeaky clean, while on land.
    [​IMG]

19. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Mexico could be fine because they don't have as many weapons and napalm as the US. The government in the ZA is really stupid, if the US didn't bomb anything people would have a way better chance of surviving - walls and buildings would be intact. As we've seen explosions and fire do not kill zombies, so all they accomplished in the US by that was killing more people and creating more zombies and knocking down more walls. If Mexico didn't have that same reaction or resources I imagine the infastructure will be better and amount of zombies will be less.

I have a feeling what FTWD is trying to show us by taking things to Mexico is that the ZA wasn't as bad, it was the human reaction to it that ****ed things up beyond repair. (In this case the US government bombing everything) If they show that Mexico didn't do that and it's a better and safer place, that would once again be driving home the idea that humans have been the real enemy all along, not zombies.

In addition, if the Mexican government didn't have the same resources as the US government, they could have allowed communities to take matters into their own hands more rather than what we saw the US do in Season 1 ie lie to everyone and bail out on them.

#19 Spidey, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  20. Neuropyramidal

Possibly, but I don't think that's the direction the show is going.