Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Theory about Lucille's Victim

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Inspector_Swag, Feb 14, 2016.

1. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

When I watched Glenn and Enid connect and then Enid go to Maggie at the tower. I know Glenn is safe for a few more seasons because in the comics Glenn and Maggie kinda adopt Enid. And with the conversation Glenn had with her at the church about parents you see this is gonna happen.

I thought the same when I seen Daryl blow up Negan's group. I thought, oh no Negan will find out that was you and you will meet Lucille!

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

Interesting theory. Wouldn't that shock everyone who thinks it's either Daryl or Glenn?

3. ColorsVersatile

Same here!

The alpha wolf (kind of) sacrifice obviously left her a bit confused, and who knows how she is going to react to Sam's death. Might be she will be all in for a martyr's death indeed. That would suit the character.

Rick, Carl, Michonne and Daryl are pretty untouchables in my opinion, even though we can never be sure.
    If anything, Beth's "You will be the last man standing" is teasing that Daryl is most likely to be alive at the end of the show.

So my picks for the Lucille treatment would be:
    - Glenn
    - Carol
    - Abraham/Sasha as a couple?

#23 ColorsVersatile, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. Sixchr

Sixchr Member

I feel the exact opposite. If they pretended to kill Glenn and tried to trick us into thinking they were going to kill Glenn, only to then kill Glenn at the end of the season? I think that would be stupid. If you're going to kill a character, you have to kill them. They've toyed with Glenn since the scene he was almost killed by the Termites, I don't think he'll get the Lucille treatment.

It needs to be a character that people truly believe is untouchable to shake the tv audience to its core like Glenn's did to comic readers, and that's either Daryl or Carol. I'm hoping it's Daryl.

5. Mello

Mello Member

That's another good point. They also did the same thing with Noah.

6. SZQ

SZQ Member

I don't know about Maggie in the comics, but it sure feels like a Maggie set up for dying (not by Lucille). How can they have another baby in the group? Also, Glenn has a higher purpose, perhaps.

7. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

Y'all know we're getting set up for a "Who shot JR moment." Lucille is gonna be unleashed in the final seconds of 616, but the camera isn't gonna show who's getting it. Then we're gonna be left 'til October to find out. Watch.

8. YR38

YR38 Member

Kirkman would never let that happen, and I believe he wrote that episode so a cliffhanger is highly unlikely

9. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

I think it's going to be Glenn because it seems like he's getting more and more screen time like other characters written out of the show.

10. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i dont think it will be daryl because of the fact that he killed Negan's men. i dont see any way that Negan figures out it was anyone from Rick's group that did that. I can't see them killing off Daryl. THey are going to need him around once they thin out the herd in the second half of this season.

11. Nevermindless

Nevermindless New Member

Am I the only one thinking that maybe, just maybe, they'll give Abraham the boot? Or... bat, as it were. Since they've been building some kind of relationship between him and Sasha, it would be possible to set it up so that she witnesses Abraham die, just like Maggie does in the comic. I mean we just got to see her show some emotions when Abraham was threatened by the Saviors, kind of like... a little preview of things to come! But who knows.

12. TWD_fanatic

TWD_fanatic Member

I would be very surprised if Abe is still alive by the finale, I'm expecting his death within the next couple episodes.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I still feel like killing Glenn like this would be a stupid decision. Especially since they keep putting him in near death situations (Dumpster, surrounded in 609).

By 616, when it actually happens, I'll be less shocked and more "who even cares anymore"

14. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

Interesting.... I had just about to accept the idea Daryl was going out at the end of the season due to Lucille, but after Glenn's close call in episode nine ( so soon after his frightening dumpster dive ) I started thinking maybe it will be Glenn. But, now you got me thinking that Carol would be a very interesting choice and of course I'll be really sad because I really like Carol.

no matter who Lucille takes out we're all going to be pretty upset, it's going to be a major character..... Well, except for all the Daryl haters who can't wait. (( unless it's Glen or Carol or someone else and then they will be sad because Daryl isn't dead))

15. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

I think by saving Glenn so many times they are setting up his death by Lucille. no one will believe that he's actually dead..... He has survived so many terrible situations so far that no one will expect it. When it happens everyone will be sure somehow he will get through it and survive. Of course he won't, not this time.

Up until this last episode I was pretty sure it was going to be Daryl..... But watching Glenn 'almost die' AGAIN, made me think, they might be 'desensitizing' us..... So, when he DOES die, no one will really believe it. One of those "NO!! It can't happen!" moments.

16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I hope you're wrong...don't wanna wait that long:hatchet:

17. calliope

calliope Active Member

I've been waffling between thinking it will be either Glenn or Daryl. They seem to be setting each of them up in different ways--Daryl with the interaction with the Saviors and the RPG thing, Glenn with his multiple near misses and his talk of living on through those who are left behind.

I wonder if they would ever kill them both in the finale. It would certainly shake things up in a way that no one is anticipating, and haven't we been warned about the scene taking "a left hand turn" of some sort?

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

It could even be Abraham. They've been giving him more lines recently, and he was the least cooperative with Negan's scout when told it was best not to nibble.

19. GonzagaGirl

GonzagaGirl New Member

I hate that characters we love get sacrificed for one big OMG moment. I get it, people die in the zombie apocalypse, it's a dangerous world... but it's also a TV show where awesome stuff happens like Daryl stands on top of a truck and RPGs a lake full of gas and Carol makes a miraculous rescue at Terminus and Carl gets shot twice and lives. it's in no way realistic. how can walkers smell when their noses and shit are all rotted away? how can they see... let's not go down that rabbit hole. it's entertainment. it's fun. so kill the characters we don't care about as much. not carol, carl, Judith, daryl, rick, michonne and I guess glenn and Maggie. I will never understand the Daryl hate. I LOVE DARYL. I enjoy his character the most. he's funny and grumpy and brave and conflicted and loyal and bad ass and ... haters gonna hate, I guess. My prediction has been Abraham who will be next to go. also, has anybody on here wondered why glenn paused when he was talking to daryl in the tanker truck, it was weird.

20. Mello

Mello Member

That's not a bad idea, but Abraham isn't a hardcore beloved character and he hasn't been around for too long either. Negan's victim has to be someone that the viewers grew to love or are so accustomed to being around. Someone who the viewers watched change throughout the series. That will make the Lucille scene tragic.