Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

These are their most formidable adversaries

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by mfinley, Nov 24, 2014.

1. mfinley

mfinley Member

Seems to me that these are the most formidable adversaries that Rick and group have faced in 5 seasons. If they are really all former cops, this is the first time they have come up against professionals, who have real training and experience in firearms, dealing with threats, hand to hand fighting, they have radio contact with each other etc...

While dangerous, the governors people for the most part were just normal people forced to take up arms, the termites were just normal people too before the ZA, but this group is way different.

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

not really, because cops aren't trained to kill, besides I don't think they are all former cops anyways.

3. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I'm just going to continue laughing after reading that and move on.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The Woodbury people were way more dangerous than these guys.

5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

im not sure why you feel that way. maybe just sheer numbers, but half of them were never trained how to handle a weapon properly. the only capable people in the gov's army was himself, martinez, shumpert, and maybe only a few others. if the cross cops are actually cops, they know how to use weapons and should be much more organized.

6. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Right because Cops are trained to aim for the legs or arms instead of center body mass that would put someone down.

7. Necrophile213

That's the problem. They don't have solid leadership, they are complacent as hell, and from the way it appeared last night aren't even all on the same page.(I really think that the guy that hit Sasha isn't bad and may end up being of assistance). Gorman was killed by Beth out of sheer stupidity and the group had three of them neutralized in about 5 minutes. Dvd cop sure didn't strike me as very threatening when,as opposed to slapping the shit of Beth like a threatening antagonist would have done, when she challenged him , he walked off.

8. WuschlWalker

WuschlWalker New Member

I would actually agree, but for different reasons. Dawn and the gang make me feel way more uneasy than any of their previous opponents. The problem is that I don´t seem to be able to pin them down in any way, they feel unpredictable, emotional and yet not, uncontrollable, with partially secret motives,...it is all beyond the control of any person who falls into their hands. Did the Governor and the Termites appear scarier? Definitely yes, but it was clear and easy to predict their actions. It only took finding out what they were motivated by, classifying them as "bad people", and then the "only problem" you had left was making sure to outnumber them and win a battle... and ok, that didn´t work out well all of the time. But at least Rick´s crew really knew what they were up against.

But with Dawn, what is this? What do they really know and what can they really control? There is no way to trust them, and there are no straight-forward actions heading for a clearly obvious goal. How do you defeat someone like that if up to that point you don´t even know if you really want or need to fight them?

9. Zombie_Rhino

im not so sure i agree. yes, i think that her leadership isn't quite as good as Rick's, but we don't see anyone challenging what she says or does. there might be rumblings within the group about someone else making a better leader, but that's just a normal reaction within any walk of life. employees always thinking they could be the boss or that they are smarter than their superior. i think the fact that no one did anything to bump Dawn out of this role yet shows that despite what they say, they will listen to what she says and respect her as a leader. in fact, Bob 2 and the other female cop did EXACTLY what Dawn told them and went to investigate those gun shots... no hesitation or fight about it at all. they look to her for leadership and they do what she tells them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zombie_Rhino

based on several news stories recently, either Cops are very bad at aiming, or they are also able to aim for a kill shot

11. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Rick and his posse are now the most dangerous by far of any group

they will not encounter any group stronger or as strong until they encounter Negan & his "Saviors"

part of Rick's power in the ASZ comes from the fact that the leadership there is amazed that anyone could live and survive for as long as Rick and his group have in the "wasteland"

12. Necrophile213

They listen, but so far what I've seen is that she is very disorganized and indecisive and often caters to what she knows they want anyways. We have yet to see her put her foot down with them and make an unpopular decision. Quite the contrary, we've seen her give them everything they have wanted. That's not strong leadership, IMO. What her hold is on them is the only thing that I find interesting about this group of antagonists. Other than that I see them as laughable in comparison to Woodbury and Terminus.

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The gov with tank laid waste to the home of Rick's group leading directly and indirectly to more deaths than Rick has in his current crew.

14. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

The thing about the Governor is, besides his haunting past, he was smart and used everything he could to his advantage thus everyone would follow him not knowing his true nature, of course once they realised the monster he was it was too late. Dawn on the other hand is getting weak like the cop said in "Crossed", is a bit of a coward and not intimidating at all. Her horny goons are even plotting some kind of rebellion against her.
    And of course the Governor had some of the most powerful weapons, like his Rifle, the freaking tank and most of all he had very loyal people beside him.
    Anyway between this guy:
    [​IMG]
    and this bitch:
    [​IMG]
    I know who I should fear the most.

15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I feel that way because it's a fact. The Governor and his people took out military personnel, and fooled a huge number of people. Look at how many people he talked into attacking the prison. They all supported him.

At the hospital they have a few trained people, arrogant, but all the others at the hospital would fight against them. Even the Terminites had a better setup, more arms, more people.

16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I hung out with a lot of cops, during my youth.
    1 of the things they told me, was that a person who has never used a gun, is a whole lot more dangerous, then 1 who has.
    Made sense to me, as the person who is inexperienced, is less confident and a lot of scared. They are the ones that would pull the trigger, out of fear. Not saying they would hit anything, but the could also hit the wrong thing.

17. Old Snake

Old Snake Active Member

I agree, Didn't the guy who attacked sascha say that all the real cops are gone, I took it as figuratively at first, but surely theres a chance that he meant it literally and that the cops that are left are effectively "deputised" would explain the rapey power mad ones.

Not entirely unrelated what are peoples feelings about the "good cops" personally I'm sceptical, we knew ish someone was trying to overthrow down be given she seems to at least try and do the right thing does that mean its the bad cops trying to overthrow her?

18. maya15

maya15 Member

I agree. What`s her power over them? She gives them everything, so what? They could just take what they want without her approval. She also does not look like as a strong leader, like the Governor or Gareth - it seems that she rules more by intrigue than respect and authority. I would never expect that someone like her is able to establish and maintain any form of organization in ZA, let alone slave-based group of former cops!

19. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Whether this group is the most formidable adversary or not is yet to be seen IMO.

20. FISH

FISH Member

The Woodbury guys seemed more ready to kill and ...................they had a tank!