Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

These are their most formidable adversaries

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by mfinley, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think we will have to wait till the MSF to find out. Terminus was pretty formidable and had everything set. They had weapons, communication, a system that includes spotters and a way to keep walkers away and a lot of ppl. I think it will be hard for the cross cops to top what was at terminus.
    They have the same things except it doesn't look like as many ppl as terminus but if the cops work well 2getha they can be as formidable. It's hard to judge it off of how they feel about each other just surviving together cus that's different than how good u are at defending your camp as a team. You don't have to like each other to work well as a team when it comes to your lives being at risk

2. Lateralis

Lateralis Member

Sometimes cops know less about weaponry than civilians that grow up around forearms everyday. Sure they train with what they carry and qualify on paper targets, but you have a lot of people don't eat if they miss.

3. mfinley

mfinley Member

Referring to them as a group not their leader. The governor was far deadlier than Dawn because he was ruthless, he'd smile at you and then when your guard was down he would gut your from head to tail. But if these are really cops they know how to fight, understand when to escalate violence, can read people, can read what someone will do and is likely to do. They won't be taken off gaurd like a non-trained civilian, they can tell from a situation where it's going and how, unlike a civilian with no training you can hold out a shiney cat toy in your left and and divert someones attention and they will fall for it, do that to a cop and he's already figured you out and what you're doing. Big big difference between the two groups, one might have been better led, but one has far better skills in their soldier ranks.

Lots of cops are ex military.

I'll take a group of cops with possible military background, combined with training in marksman ship, firearms, hand-to-hand, disarm, put down techniques, fast judgements, used to dealing with stress and danger on a daily basis etc... over a group of people made up of a couple of house wives, a baker, a plumber and a school teacher.

#23 mfinley, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  4. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I'd wager Abuela was a greater threat than them.

5. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I think that Gorman set a great example of how well these cops read people and pay attention to their surroundings. Lol. Also ricks group had three of them neutralized pretty quick. I don't think that the majority of these cops are even cops. Just wear the uniforms for appearances.

6. Necrophile213

Mr. Coleman is not to be underestimated.

7. Jukinjim

Jukinjim New Member

The Governor, Gareth, or Dawn? and their groups.

The Governor was a manipulative evil / crazy bastard. yet charming.
    He'd keep your head in an aquarium after killing you at the dinner table.

His group of insiders, Merle, Martinez, etc, knew what he was capable of and did his dirty work
    ( okay they didn't know about the fishbowls or Penny)

The governor, hosted Michnne and Andrea, and then charmed romanced Andrea,
    Then held Glenn and Maggie...
    At the end took the fight back to Rick, and caught farmer Rick unaware...

The group splintered into several directions... and only now are about to get fully reunited.
    (Maggie hasnt seen Beth since the prison?)

Gareth and his group of hunters...
    Would capture you, knock you out, bbq your leg, and then tell you that you taste better than expected?
    And his followers all KNEW what he was about, and still followed him.

Captured Rick and the others, as they pretended to be a haven for survivors...
    Again Rick and crew were not quite ready for that.
    If it wasn't for Carol... Gareth could have been well fed for months...

At the end took the fight back to Rick, but he didn't find farmer Rick...

Dawn, has a pretty cozy tall building to keep them safe, with indentured servants to do the cooking and the laundry...

Her crew are ready to pull a coup d'etat on her.
    For the most part, She's not evil at all.
    She's trying to lead by keeping her officers happy, and the rest in fear.

But her and her crew have only just met Rick.
    He's Jugular Rick, the Ricktator, and I'm not sure there's a term for Rick slicing and dicing Gareth in the church yet,
    But come on...
    If Rick knows you are holding Beth and Carol... This Rick...
    The only thing that scares me about Dawn's group, is home turf advantage...
    Sure Dawn could kill Carol and Beth...
    But like Rick is gonna let ANY of them live after that?

Rick wanted to Kill all the termites, but was talked out of it.
    Then came BobBQ, and the attack on the church...

Like he's gonna let some former cops live, if they kill his friends instead of negotiating?

Maybe the negotiations will work...

#27 Jukinjim, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  8. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I'm concerned only because I don't "get" this group at all.

I wasn't too worried about the governor until the scene where he got himself out of a mess of walkers while chasing Andrea... And the aftermath of the first big battle, when he walks around the barren landscape for what seemed like must have been weeks or months...
    I knew at that point, the guy's tougher than nails.
    The hail of fire battle at the prison was quite appropriate for this individual.

I was also worried about the Termites because they were all in it together, these guys had a plan and the whole bunch were in on it. One never could be quite sure how many there were either because there always seemed to be some guards hidden on the rooftops, so to speak.
    In a way it was almost comical how easy they fell in the end, twice...

But the hospital group, they might fall apart as well but they're held together in some sort of... It's almost like they each have their own agenda yet said agenda depends on some of the other people but not all... Small groups of two and three, each one has ties to the other and they are all connected in ways only they would understand. Dawn is mischievous in a calculating and deadly way but the rest aren't far behind. And that worries me.

#28 8307c4, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  9. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

woodbury never had a tank. they had a grenade launcher and vehicles. the gov's new group had the tank.

10. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

I'm the same, i dont feel like you can predict what move they will make.

Really dont know how this showdown will pan out

11. Zombie_Rhino

yea but you are talking about in the real world and this isn't that. in the real world, you have the cops who are there to protect everyone else and can use deadly force if they have to, but they are trained not to do so and can get in a lot of trouble if they do so in a situation where it wasn't warranted. they are scared of being fired from their jobs and prosecuted if they shoot someone when they didn't have to. it's a cops worst nightmare. however, in this world, they can use their training and adapt it to take that kill shot when they need to without repercussion. so there is no fear on the cops end in this type of world either.

12. Zombie_Rhino

ok, so the Gov and his people were this super mighty group, right? yet, the people of Woodbury all stood there while the gov mowed them down with one automatic weapon and no one could get out of the way or fire a shot back at the gov. also, his second group may have caused havoc at the prison and wrecked the joint, but these "very dangerous people" weren't able to kill any of the main prison group after an all out war where half the people were standing out in the open.

13. Zombie_Rhino

i think only time will tell how good of an antagonist this group really is. i think the only way to truly measure is going to be if our group of survivors suffers a loss and of what proportions.

as much as Terminus seemed like it was filled with serious threats, Rick's group basically came out unscathed. No one was lost in Terminus and it only took one lady (BAMF Carol) to take down their whole operation.

14. Necrophile213

Ok, you seem to be forgetting that this Is fiction and that's how it was written. At the prison do you really think that all of those bullets from the multitude of automatics would have all missed? No. The scene with Tyreese getting away was horribly executed. If the writers aren't ready to kill off A main character it doesn't matter how formidable an adversary is. It isn't happening. We also don't know how many people that they did kill that weren't amongst the main cast. That always seemed a little unrealistic to me that all the bullets seemed to dodge main characters and hit the ones that were irrelevant. Also, the scene with the fire hoses going straight through walkers makes it seem kinda odd that Daryl could use a walker as a bullet shield.

As as Terminus, that was just a perfect storm of event in which the stars just happened to be aligned. Had Carol Shot the firecracker 5 minutes later there would have been 4 casualties in the group. They could have easily started on the other end of the trough and Bob amd Rick would be dead. Circumstances doesn't take away from how formidable that group was. They were a well oiled machine and Carol also had the help of a nerd of walkers that happened to be passing through and it was also pure luck that she happened to stumble upon Martin right before he was going to shoot the firecracker and redirect them.

#34 Necrophile213, Nov 25, 2014
  15. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

You completely misunderstood me, I was being "sarcastic" when I said they aim for arms or legs...as in they try to wound instead of putting someone down. They are trained to aim for body mass, maybe not always kill but neturalize them as a threat.

16. Zombie_Rhino

im completely aware that this is fiction we are talking about, that's why im saying its hard to judge who the bigger adversary is. what do you have to go by? the tv's portrayal of them? we haven't really gotten an in depth look at what goes on at the hospital and how well/poorly trained the cross cops are and how they handle a tense situation.

17. Necrophile213

Well, we've seen two of them surrender immediately to Ricks group and put up little resistance about handing over information about the operation. I believe that everything Bob said about Dawn was truthful. We saw How Gorman was killed so easily by a spoiled teenage girl because he didn't even have enough sense to pay attention to his surroundings. Dvd cop didn't look particularly tough when he was allowing Beth to openly disrespect with barely a single word. The one that Daryl was fighting did look like he meant business.

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The people might have allowed the Governor to mow them down, but that's because they did not understand who he really was. The point, though, is that they followed him into attacking the prison in the first place. No one held at the hospital would follow Dawn or anyone else among her 'cops'.

Also, I think you seem to have forgotten that Hershell was killed by the Governor, as was Andrea. And Merle. Main group. Not to mention all of the redshirts that died.

19. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Although they may have more training, almost everyone who is still alive has been handling weapons on a daily basis. In fact, the people out there running around are probably much more dangerous than these cops. They've been holed up in this hospital since the beginning. Although I'm sure they've been in some hairy situations, I don't think that they've had to fight to survive as much. There is no real downtime out on the road. They're sleeping with one eye open if they are not staying up for days at a time. Moving from house to house. Half starving to death. The groups on the move are hardened and skilled. They are far more dangerous than a bunch of cops holed up all cozy in a hospital with their medical treatment, electricity, and 3 squares.

#39 bula412, Nov 25, 2014
  20. Necrophile213

Not to mention how easily he could have killed Glenn and Maggie had he chose to do it earlier on.