Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

They are just travelling with no items.

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by Tortuous, Feb 16, 2015.

1. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Besides, it'll be silly if each character had a shopping card full of junk. Imagine the nightmare of filming that. The sound for one. Getting conversation over a dozen carts plus rolling on rocks, gravel, etc., :zombies_lol: The spacing due to the carts makes it difficult to get multiple characters in frame. And when a herd shows up, everybody's gotta park their carts off to the side and we waste seconds filming that to show that it's been done. It'll also look beyond silly. Like a gigantic caravan of gorgeous homeless people.... with weapons.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They just ran out of gas hours earlier. How would they have a shopping cart already? Having a shopping cart wouldn't provide them with more water. Successfully finding water would provide them with more water. And the evil survivors in The Road were scarce, while walkers outnumber people 1000+ to 1.

Like I said, they should have more backpacks.

#22 Neuropyramidal, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Lol, where are they supposed to get these shopping carts? Like, were they supposed to carry them around in the cars when they were going to Richmond? It's not like they've ran into a shopping center since Richmond anyways.

Its not like it would be a good thing anyways. I would rather have a large group all carry backpack than shopping carts. It's less exhausting, and it is much easier to keep a backpack full of supplies than a shopping cart full of supplies. They aren't magically getting supplies once they get shopping carts.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

They could steal them from the parking lot at the mall when Ricky isn't looking.

http://youtu.be/X95o53Gepmg

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

This is hysterical! Plus dogs with guns on another thread and I've had some good laughs this morning. As far as shopping carts go, it would just be my luck to have the cart where one wheel won't turn smoothly with the others. I'd end up chucking it over a bank myself.

6. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

They are going to DC and how many miles they have travelled so far? You think there are no any shops on the road?

Also heavy backpacks of supplies are bitch to carry, of course it would be easyer that most of supplies were in shopping cart, it have wheels you know.

Besides the group have been in the wild for one winter ( between season 2 and 3 ) Now they are getting pwned by small trip to DC.

7. Neuropyramidal

Why would they stop and get a shopping cart when they had the vehicles? And they already had 15 people packed in one van. They were going to ride around with a shopping cart in there too? lol. They've only been on foot a short while, in the middle of nowhere.

8. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

Because they know how much gas there is left.

This season have just been the most unrealistic one so far.

Just rewatched couple of parts on previous episodes there was this scene where zombie herd just walks into barn that makes 0 sense. And at the dawn they are all dead.

9. Sildee

Sildee Member

Yeah man I get what you're saying. That herd randomly walking across the highway and checking all cars in season 1 made much more sense than that.:zombies_rolleyes:

10. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

Ehm, what do you mean?

Anyway walkers were different in season one, they could pick up simple things as rocks or try door knobs.

Why this style was removed? I don't know.

11. Neuropyramidal

It doesn't make sense that they would all pack inside a van with a shopping cart with them. If you were going to spend time looking for something, you would look for more gas.

12. Sildee

Sildee Member

Was talking about season two, my bad. Not sure which episode it was, but a huge herd of walkers randomly popped up on the highway and some of them decided to walk into the group's RV without any sound coming from it.

Oh, and the thing about walkers holding objects was just a misunderstanding between the writers as far as I know.

13. Neuropyramidal

Those were Darabont's walkers. Darabont wanted his walkers a bit smarter. Darabont was fired, so the walkers got dumber.

14. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

Oh, that was season 2 episode 1.

yep it was a bit strange that it got inside CV, but I quess it can be counted as randomess, unlike quite big herd walking into woods and trying to get inside a barn. This was episode when Sophia got missing, and Carl got shot. After this episode I become a fan.

15. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I thought that Andrea made noise inside the RV and that attracted the walker?

16. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Now this a great movie, depressing as hell but one of the best post apocalyptic movies I have seen, and an even greater book, if you have not read it yet.

But did you have the Jackass movie of the guys rolling down the street in a giant shopping cart in your head when you brought this up? Because that would have been more ridiculous and unrealistic.

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I would love to see them somehow try and manage to drive a shopping cart to Richmond. Do they put it on a roof? Put it in a seat? Tie it behind a car like a trailer/boat and have Tyreese or Gabriel or Eugene ride in it (to also save space in the vehicle).

I'd also love to see them try to use this shopping cart off road or any breaks or blockades. Would they have tried to push it through grass, forest, mud etc. into the barn, or leave it out in the storm? Or take it all and put it into backpacks, and them realize this shopping cart idea is dumb and just use backpacks from now on.

18. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

They are all dead because of dehydration now. Writers saved them with ultimate revive spell. I saw 3-4 water bottles in whole episode, after it started to rain. 12 people survived one week with 3 litres of water? Seems so. Good that they had their backpacks full of empty water bottles which they can fill when they finally find water, like 100 lites worth of bottles to last more than few days. I'm happy that they were this smart.

Maybe they can carry backpacks with shopping cart and then pick them up fast? A

19. Neuropyramidal

Where are you getting 'one week'? And we don't know how much water they've had in the last week. Bottles can be refilled, and they may have more bottles than you saw.

20. gavuk

gavuk Member

I'm loving all this good natured banter about shopping trolleys (trollies....)??

Find some bicycles, throw them onto whatever vehicle they can find with fuel and use the vehicle till the fuel runs out then hop onto the bikes until another fuelled vehicle comes available. They can be readily used if walkers turn up and the crew need to make a hasty retreat. Hey, it the ZA and the law aren't around to ensure they are strapped on properly. Its likely there will be plenty of bikes around as a) limited population now b) the undead can't ride bikes (they can barely walk properly)

LOL