Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

They didn't fake me out

Discussion in 'Episode 712 - Say Yes' started by Daryl Rocks, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I totally knew that was going to be the deer they were eating. But Michonne, she was just going to let them eat her! Kinda like Jessie with Sam.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Yeah and Rick saw that which led to him giving his speech about how she can't give up if she loses him.

3. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

It wasn't a fake out. Just a badly written scene.

Like were supposed to buy Michonne going into shock/trance just because Rick dies. I expect her to react just like Rick did when Carl got shot and even worse.

I mean these muthaf*ckers just will not learn.

4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It was not meant to be a fakeout to us folks. They knew we would know Rick was fine. It was just meant to show how devastated Michonne will be if she loses Rick. How she would cope having to carry on with the family without him as leader and her spouse. We certainly don't want her to totally give up but that was her reaction at that moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I agree with this I just want to add that she didn't know about the deer like we did..

• Like Like x 1
  6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I kind of wondered if it was Rick, because they were sure dumb enough.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I also have to wonder why the dead werent interested in the deer already too?
    They ignored it all together until somehow devouring it and not Rick?
    These scenes are all without much setup in reality and are getting tough to understand overall I think?
    Not too tricky to me.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the writers knew that the majority of critical thinking fans wouldn't really be fooled by that. It was to show Michonne's reaction, and possibly her ultimate change in heart over the coming war.

I think the scene was meant to break Michonne's fantasy of invincibility. She has been really aggressive in promoting this war, and earlier in the episode she was speaking as if they had already won it. She wasn't talking to Rick about the war, or how they were going to win it. She was talking to Rick about what they were going to do AFTER the war. How they were going to run the communities after that.

She was not thinking about them possibly losing the war, or losing each other. The close call with Rick changed that. She now knows how fragile things are. This may change her future outlook on what's coming in an interesting way.

Having said that, I didn't like much at all about the entire deer sequence. I thought the CGI deer was a poor decision. All they would have had to do is show a couple 5 second shots of a real deer chewing grass, and them maybe getting spooked and running. How hard would it have been to just bring in a domesticated deer for that? They didn't show it getting attacked anyway, until after it was dead. Very poor decision with the CGI.

It was also not believable that none of the walkers veered off to follow Rick into the box. And how was the deer suddenly 5 feet away from where Rick was hiding? It ran off like 20 seconds earlier. Then to add insult to injury they did a really cheesy slow motion katana throw.

Until now I think my least favorite scene in TWD was the elevator shaft sequence at Grady. This might have beat it lol. But overall I was okay with the episode. :p