Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

They Pretty Much Sealed Glenn's Fate

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Inspector_Swag, Nov 1, 2015.

1. drifter77

drifter77 Member

The writers are in a lose-lose situation. If Glenn is dead, why not just show it and be done with it in the first place. And if he's alive, why troll the fanbase so hard? No matter what happens, a large percentage of the viewers will be pissed off.

2. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Maybe we should stop making 10,000 troll possibilities because frankly, I'm becoming unsure of what's real and what's not now

3. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

I think the writers are on a hiding to nothing with Glenn's storyline, as you say lose-lose, unless they were doing it solely to try and break the Internet rather than create a good show.
    Glenn fans, Glenn haters, and people who care about the credibility of the show seem incensed. I still love TWD but I really hope they don't finish with a Sophia style resolution.

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

"Lose-lose"?? The next episode is going to have ratings through the roof with everyone wanting to know what happened to Glenn. Whether fans of the show like it or not, it's very astute planning by the writers/producers.

5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

hell, I'm sure that this episode drew in plenty of people who were waiting to see what happened to Glenn as well. some of them may have been thinking that it was extra long so that they could fit in Glenn's fate after the Morgan-centric story. I know that's what i was hoping for. Either way, more like a win-win for them.

6. IMRICKGRIMESBCH

IMRICKGRIMESBCH New Member

Actually it turns out that Glen's working as a waitress at a cocktail bar. That much is true....

7. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

It's definitely a win win from a business perspective.

601 ended on a cliff-hanger in the form of the horn leading such a massive herd back to Alexandria
    602 was so action packed it had to result in good ratings. Left the herd cliffhanger unresolved though
    603 Herd cliffhanger addressed, now the Glenn/Rick cliffhanger
    604 Anger at Morgan + Hype from 603 probably served this week's episode really well. But the Glenn/Rick cliffhanger is still unresolved.
    605 Can't help but have strong ratings. So many questions remain. It will be interesting to see where the story is by this time next Monday, But I'm sure there will be a great springboard for 606.

I'm not a shareholder of AMC Networks nor a potential advertiser so I don't really care for piecemealing the story. But at the very least, every episode is dripping with suspense, so it evens out I guess.

This is the lose-lose situation being described: the ambiguity over Glenn's death/non-death

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Provocative content is fine. Having Glenn wake up and say, "It was all a dream!" is not.

9. IMRICKGRIMESBCH

IMRICKGRIMESBCH New Member

There is no way that happens. It's probably like some have said on here. He will be bitten manage to escape and then they will have a prolonged arc for the Glenn search where he get's to see his woman one last time before she puts a bullet in his head. This damn show......:zombies_nosmile:

10. davidmbfonz

davidmbfonz New Member

11. Zombie_Penguin

I was SO waiting for someone to do this, I knew it had to be out here somewhere!!!!

I think I love you!

12. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Leaked image from the 2nd half of season 6!
    [​IMG]

13. Michelle Wu

Michelle Wu New Member

14. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

All I got to say is, if Glen is dead then this was a horrible way to handle it. Leave us hanging for 2 weeks only to show that yes, he actually was being eaten and that is a season 1 main character's sendoff. I'm not buying it, but I could certainly see him being bitten and racing to see Maggie (and vice versa) only to turn after he said his last goodbye. Or miraculously he is completely fine lol

15. LMT

LMT Member

I think after a few episodes of us hanging, he will turn out completely fine. Then after lulling us into comfort for Glenn and Maggie, he goes out at the end of the season.

16. plotholes

plotholes Member

It puts the audience in the shoes of Maggie. And we'll probably find out Glenn's fate when she does.

The only losing situation is if fans stop watching, and that's hardly going to be the case.

#36 plotholes, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  17. JMac

JMac Member

Glenn Glenn Glenn- I am really trying to just forget about it... I guess, cause a part of me thinks the writers are just trying so so hard to roll us over..
    Then the other part of me thinks, all this talk about Glenn is going to make my head explode! Then if he really is dead, which I am pretty sure he ain't, then imagine the Glenn talk then!?
    Carol was absent some episodes, I didn't think she was dead- just somewhere else.. Granted they didn't leave her in the same state they left Glenn, still she was voted off the group, kicked to da curb- and she came back ten folds!
    Seems like they like to put poor ole Glenn in a lot of tough situations by himself. The prison, he's always running around the forest alone and someone is screaming where's Glenn? The tunnel with Tara- I really thot he was a goner then, Nick and him were beating the heck out of each other, he was shot, I mean the only difference with this one is he's gone missing for a few episodes. Maybe he gets out of the zombie pile and ran off somewhere to have a mental breakdown- or take that vacation. The man needs one. All the other signs that lead us to believe he is dead is massive troll.
    The only question I do have tho on the matter, was that you can overhear someone say- he said he would leave a signal if he got stuck somewhere? Did I miss that or is that what the watch is? He will leave it behind? Also- you can hear in some previews Maggie getting ready to go look, and Aaron telling her not to by herself, so they'll be the search squad, find this signal that he's ok, and he will be somewhere... Probably losing it for a while, or taking a vacation.

18. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

Never going to give you up. Are you saying we shouldn't "give up" on Glenn? Hey everyone Glenn is alive! Woohoo. Pizza for everyone.

19. iliketwd

iliketwd New Member

If Glenn got bit in the dumpster scene, there is no way he would have been able to cut his hand of promptly enough to stop the infection from spreading throughout his body.

20. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

That definitely is Rick rolling...