Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Thing that bothers me the most about Gabriel

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by RatFeeder, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Lt. Col. Cookie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, but I laughed a good whole minute just now. Where did you hear that?

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I was pretty disappointed by that scene when he ratted everyone out. I was hoping they'd go a slightly different direction with him. Like, maybe he could have become a well-liked and respected member of ASZ first, so that he'd have a good number of loyal Christian followers before he turned on Rick and co.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Gabriel's actions are born more out of cowardice and self entitlement more than anything he was taught in Christianity, whether those teachings were good or evil. We knew from the comics he was probably going to do this, but still I couldn't help but like him up until now. I think the question is, can he be redeemed? Or will he even try? He can potentially become a very interesting character now, if they play these cards right.

4. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Oh how i love these debates, someone has a disagreement and then the other person get's irritated because they don't immediately 'win' so they make little jabs at each other thinking they can get something out of it. How respectful of you.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Nowhere, LOL, for some reason he just made me think of Obama, and the truthers that are always going after him. Supposed to be a joke, but I don't claim my sense of humor is like everyone else's.

6. Neuropyramidal

Me as well. I'm worried that they are just going to forget this subplot, like
    The 'religious nut in the barrel' concept has great potential in apocalyptic fiction. Darabont pulled it off in The Mist. I hope they pull it off here.

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think you pretty much nailed it right there. His actions were out of cowardice just like they were back in his church when it came time to save lives. He judges and claims Rick's group are vicious, bloodthirsty monsters yet doesn't take note of how much blood is on his hands.

8. Morgotha

Hey, I put up with the "religion" thread for a LONG time, I've still got a few freebies coming my way.

9. Neuropyramidal

but your 'freebie' is always the same. "You don't buy my myth, so you must have had some trauma at some point in your life". No wonder its free. ;)

10. jmbrumby

jmbrumby Member

There is no redemption for Gabriel ... he deserves a very painful and prolonged death. My only concern is what will Maggie do with this new knowledge that Gabriel essentially threw the group under a bus. Of the group, she's bought into Alexandria hook, line, and sinker. Now with Gabriel saying how terrible the group is to Deanna, what does Maggie do? Gabriel - your time is coming and its going to hurt.

11. Neuropyramidal

I would like to see Gabriel's videotaped interview. I highly doubt the subject of his actions at the church came up. He probably also is having trouble handling Rick's group being at the church, since they are the ones who know of his 'sins'.

12. Mariuch

Mariuch New Member

I haven't read the whole thread, but I just hope if Deanna is as good at reading people as she says, she should be able to read the word CRAZY emblazoned on his forehead!! LOL!

13. Neuropyramidal

I wondered the same thing. She basically has three choices. Keep quiet and see what happens, tell Deanna she overheard the discussion, and talk to her about it, or go to Rick and tell him. I guess a 4th choice would be to go straight to Gabriel and confront him, pointing out his hypocrisy, and his own atrocities, and then have a meeting with Deanna both Gabriel and Rick/Michonne/Glenn present, and let Deanna listen to both sides.

I think if I was in Maggie's position, I would just immediately disclose to Deanna that I overheard the exchange, and sit her down and explain to her the things that Gabriel was referring to, such as killing the hunters. I would also gather Rick and take him to Gabriel's garage to have a discussion with him, about hypocrisy and betrayal. Let him know we were on to his game.

#53 Neuropyramidal, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  14. jmbrumby

jmbrumby Member

I think there needs to be a confrontation with Maggie/Glenn/Rick/Deanna and Gabriel. As Deanna mentioned, she knows that the group has done "things" to survive. What she doesn't know is that Gabriel locked himself inside his church and hid. Which is way more dangerous than anything Rick's group has done. He's chosen himself over anyone else. Now, a great 5th option would be for Maggie to be the one to put an end to Gabriel.

15. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Gosh, if only he was working for the show or something.

16. Neuropyramidal

I'm not sure if killing him at this point would be a road we'd want to go down. For one thing, it would only raise more suspicions in Deanna's mind towards Rick's group. And secondly, as much of a backstabbing asscolonel that Gabriel is, I don't know if he deserves death, at least not yet. I wouldn't argue with you if you said you wanted to banish him though. Especially if he continues this nonsense, and tries getting other residents on his side. Then I think an appropriate punishment would be 18 Mile Out style banishment. And I mean, we're talking about Gabriel here, so he's not likely to come back from that. :p

17. jmbrumby

jmbrumby Member

Good point .. banishing him is just as good as having him killed off. Let him fend for himself and see the choices you have to make to survive.

18. Lt. Col. Cookie

I guess he can be redeemed if at a last moment he decides to help/side with Rick and the group. But as you said, he's a coward and would probably much rather stay quiet and inside the walls of Alexandria than risk anything for the others.

19. Lt. Col. Cookie

I laughed, joke was alright by my book :Grin:

20. Morgotha

I thought Maggie was kind of out of character for just eavesdropping the whole time. Once she heard what she was saying she should have set the record straight to Deanna right in front of his crazy face.