Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Thing that bothers me the most about Gabriel

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by RatFeeder, Mar 19, 2015.

1. mfinley

mfinley Member

Yes. And to bring it full circle, a priest can easily do it in the name of a deity. It's been done a million times and happens everyday. The Catholic church, ie a priest will pass judgement on this very day to any woman who chooses an abortion. To say a priest would never judge a person is simply inaccurate.

The fact is a priest ie Gabriel can easily pass judgement on Rick's group not based on being an evil person but purely on his beliefs of religion and those that he believes Rick's group has violated.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I kind of think she was wise to wait it out and see the whole of what Gabriel had to say. Because that way she knew exactly what she was dealing with, and exactly the extent of his claims. She can then go to Deanna and dispel all of it, and put a quicker end to it. If she had stopped Gabriel short, he would have probably immediately clammed up for now, but would have continued his delusion at a later time, either with Deanna again, or with Reg or others. This way it is out of his system, he got it off his chest, which is what his goal was. Plus, now Maggie can to go Rick and the others, and inform them on exactly what Gabriel is saying. But I agree that Gabriel needs to learn that Maggie and others know about what he did.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The priest isn't (shouldn't) be *personally* passing judgement on anyone, but rather saying their actions are incompatible with the Christian faith. It's God who is your judge and jury in the end. If the church teaches that abortion in morally wrong as it's the taking of an innocent life, and the priest says this to someone else, they as an individual aren't judging them, but are rather upholding the views of their creed.

Are there priests who violate this and say they personally condemn someone? Almost assuredly. There are people who violate everything. That doesn't mean it's appropriate for them to do so.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Hear what he has to say and confront him at the time. I can't see it doing anything but bad to let his words fester without correction in Deanna's head.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

He sort of reminds me of a family member, who is reborn. He too, feels he should be granted salvation for his past wrongs, but no one else should be forgiven.
    He keeps saying, "God" loves the sinner, as he has a harder struggle to find salvation, but HIS god, hates people, who don't believe, who were always a good soul, and never harmed anyone.

I keep waiting for this "rapture" he keeps speaking about. Our world would be a whole lot quieter, afterwards.

6. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

He's after getting in Deanna's knickers.

7. rustybag

rustybag Member

Would someone who reads the comics please explain to me in a spoiler, how it came across in the comics, that Gabriel's church was the last safe place to go? I understand that in a crisis, people might think to gather in a church. But if you were being turned away, wouldn't you move on? Why keep going back there, to this nervous, hysterical priest who slams the door in people's faces? There were no houses they could hole up in? The police station? Fire station? Home Depot? Why Gabriel's church? The food pantry was in a separate building, right? If someone could tell me if it was explained in the comics a little better, I'd appreciate it.

#67 rustybag, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  8. sam12six

sam12six Member

Yeah, I fully expected her to jump out and say, "Hang about! Are you on the piss?!? Y'all was the one who done hid in the chech while y'alls people got et by them ole zombies! Deanna, that was all a porky!!"

As for what should be done with him, I say send him out on runs with Eugene and rotcee boy's buddy and let his gods decide his fate.

9. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Don't apologize, there are so many things to dislike about Gabriel it's unbelievable. He doesn't even deserve to be called "Father" anymore. I think "Mother" suits him better, as in "Motherf#$@#%"....

10. Neuropyramidal

It wasn't

11. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

Yeah the way that church sat out of the way, I imagine more than one group of people could have passed by on the way down the road, not really keep returning to it....

12. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Im also surprised none of them could get in or that they didnt burn the place down with him in it. Also, it did appear that some of them did make it to the building where the food was stored. I think they showed a picture of one of his congregation members with him, then that person was in the storage building, the one with the glasses on (how they stayed on a zombie Idk).

#72 WhatThe..., Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  13. Sharpie61

Comic book wise, he sort of does. I hope they bring it to the show.

14. Sharpie61

That picture was at the food pantry, not the church

15. lee7189

lee7189 Member

Also the answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everything.

16. BetterAngel

I agree with the banishment thing. But no need for the group to wast 18 miles of fuel. This is Gabriel we're talking about, he wouldn't survive 18 FEET out...

17. Neuropyramidal

I just wouldn't want him screaming and banging on the walls attracting walkers and irritating the residents, so how about we compromise and agree on 18 Furlongs Out. ;)

18. BetterAngel

Lmao ok. Because you as SO right, he would totally do that! Or maybe we can solve the Gabe problem quickly and maybe have Abraham put a beatdown on him worthy of making the one he put on Eugene look like child's play. That would be fun to watch.

19. Neuropyramidal

Or when we banish him we can just give him 2 different shoes to wear, one with a thicker heel that the other. That way he will just walk in large circles, and we'd be sure he will never find the safe zone again.

20. Lt. Col. Cookie

What happens in the comics?