Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

This episode is to all the Beth haters. My review.

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Xx1Le, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Xx1Le

Xx1Le New Member

SPOILERS!!!

Overall I thought this episode was okay, its not my least favorite episode this season. (Inmates being my least favorite)

Okay so now that our characters are split up we are getting these character centric episodes, this one being Daryl and Beth. Just by watching the previews I thought this would be a hit and miss situation. (Liking this episode because of Daryl, disliking it because of Beth)

And it is. The first half displaying most of the zombie action(I liked the intro)and Beths mission to get alchohol. I get it, I see where shes coming from, but I just had zero attachment to her and was just rolling my eyes. I just wanted her character dead since she was first introduced.(Suprisingly I never had these moments/feelings with Lori or Andrea)

Then we get to the second half, which I really enjoyed suprinsingly. Not a lot of action, just pure dialogue yet this whole episode felt well paced. I liked the interactions between these two characters, and them opening up about their feelings and their past which was really sweet.

What really got to me was when Beth said that she was just dead weight for Daryl, and that she is not like Michonne, Maggie, or Carol, yet she is a survivor. It felt like she was really talking to me and I actually felt guilty for wanting her killed off this season. She later goes on to say that she won't survive for long, but Daryl "WILL BE THE LAST MANSTANDING", which to me felt like a nod to all the Daryl fans, making him invincible.

When the episode was over I asked myself a question. What if Daryl dies before Beth?
    Anyways, I'm slowly starting to like Beths character more, but still one of my least favorite characters. I am actually excited to see her relationship with Daryl grow. (Hopefully over the course of the episodes Daryl actually teaches Beth how to use a crossbow, and hunt)

What do you guys think?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think they did okay together. The show is character driven, and less about action, so this episode fit well. I honestly don't think either one of them will die this season. We lost Hershel, and I'm guessing he'll be our big death this season. I think we still might lose somebody like Bob or Tyreese or Sasha, but my guess is that we won't lose any more core characters from seasons 1 and 2 this season.

3. Porfivor Nixon

I really didn't take the "last man standing" to be part of any grand plan- we all know contract negotiations will decide that, nothing in the plot will matter beyond that, but it did felt like they are beefing up his role on the show- it would be cool if the last frame of the series is Daryl being the only one still alive, it would certainly be cool to think back on this moment if that happened, but things don't really work out like that- in books, they do, but not a series.

4. Shane's Brainz

I thought the complete opposite , her saying he will be the "last man standing" was a death sentence for him pretty much, makes me think he will be dying soon. I thought it was a good episode I enjoyed it, and I thought they both did a good job.

5. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

tome, beth is an easily forgettable character, and please do not let her sing again.

6. HeadlessHershel

The writers actually made me like Daryl and Beth more to the point that I'd rather see Michonne and/or Rick eaten alive. I really never cared for the Maggie/Glenn romance or whatever that is. It never seemed real to me and those two characters have no chemistry together. That's just my opinion though. And I could never see Carol and Daryl together. Carol looks like she's pushing 60. Daryl and Beth I can see those two hooking up. I'm not saying long-term relationship but if they were alone together are you really going to say it wouldn't happen? lol

7. ShamblingCorpse

I have a hard time seeing the Darryl and Beth relationship going anywhere beyond friends. He hasn't exactly been on the hunt for some action up to this point, and even though the actors aren't that far apart in age Beth seems really young on the show. Darryl isn't an angel but I don't think he's looking to get some for the sake of getting some. Maybe if the relationship progresses more on the show where it could be a little more natural I'd buy it but right now he'd need a white van and some candy to pull it off.

8. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Daryl is one of the hunters!!

9. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

good god.. i just looked it up you're right. She's 28. I thought she was like 18 or 19 at most. I had no idea.

10. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I took their conversation to be a death sentence for Beth. Her telling Daryl you're gona miss me when I'm gone I just took it to be a moment Daryl will look back on after she dies possibly before they find other group members or sometime next season. Anyway I think Daryl will outlive Beth and they are trying to get ppl to like Beth character so when she dies it's a bigger deal.

11. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

tbh i was underwhelmed by this episode :( im a big daryl fan but...........ive enjoyed the past few "slow" episodes but this one did nothing for me in the slightest

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

I am a critic of the episode particularly because it was too succinct. I don't like how they only focus on two characters each episode.

#12 Lonesome Lurker, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

What you said about the episode really speaking to you when Beth was like "I know im not Carol or Michonne" is exactly why I loved it. It felt in my mind like they were talking directly to the viewers. Beth isnt badass, or cool, or strong. But shes alive and shes here. She deserves a chance from Daryl and from us.

As far as her relationship from Daryl I refuse to even speculate anymore. Honestly it could go either way and we wont know till either she dies or it happens.

14. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yes, in real life Emily is 28 and Norman Reedus is 45, on the show Beth is 18-19 and Daryl is around 35 (not 100% positive about his age though)

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

You completely lost me in the first sentence with "Inmates" being ur least favorite episode.

16. Xx1Le

Xx1Le New Member

^ it is what it is man, haha :p

17. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

What's weird is that I wasn't a Beth hater until this episode made me one.