Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

This Episode Probably has the Best Ending Ever

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - Tell It to the Frogs' started by daryldixon, Mar 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

This ending is probably the best out of ALL of the episodes, the suspense music when they find Merle's hand, and of course, Daryl's NO! Who agrees?

2. Peanut Q. Public

it was totally a great ending. my favourite episode is still guts though.

3. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I agree; finding Merle's hand was epic... I was like "OMG!!!!" I couldn't believe he cut his own damn hand off! One of the reasons I love this freakin' show. :)

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I was NOT expecting that. It was a great ending. I was more expecting Merle to make a stand with the tools against the walkers if they ever reached the roof.

5. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

If I was Merle, I would've just sat there and not made a noise. He was screaming, being loud as hell. I guess in his place though, it was smart to cut off his own hand.

6. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Thus far, it's my favorite episode from the series. And I definitely love the ending music. Very poignant.

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Crazy ending, loved it. Still one of my favourite endings, didn't see that ending coming. Hope more endings have shock value like this one..

8. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

A great ending. I had a feeling that he would cut his own hand. Well, that's Merle!

It's one of the favourite episodes from Season One.

9. page

page Well-Known Member

This episode probably has the best ending ever.

It was a great ending but my fave one is still the one where Sophia came out of the barn. I found Hershel's and Shane's performances very powerful. It may have not been the most surprising ending to an episode but I liked how the entire group was there and the fact that they killed Hershel's family and at the end they killed one of their own.

10. turbo6

turbo6 Member

Great ending indeed. Great music at the end, a bit reminiscent of 28 Days Later, and it worked perfectly and was very powerful. I love the entire series so far but I doubt they will be able to match the ambiance and cinematography of the first season. Very surreal overall. Despite Darabont's departure, I wish that carried on a bit more into the second and third season.

11. Taylor Vogel

Taylor Vogel New Member

This ending surprised me so much. The total shock. He must have been pretty desperate and a tough bugger to cut off his hand to get away. Just imagine the pain he would have to go through to get to that point and actually saw off a limb.

12. NameTaker

NameTaker Member

It was a total "Saw" moment, so happy that Merle made it out alive, and when they found out he burned the stump of his arm: man that guy is BAD ASS.

13. jason_uofh

jason_uofh New Member

Why cut off the hand

Why didn't Merle just cut the handcuff chain instead of cutting off his hand?

14. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Blade to dull to cut the chain.

15. ZombieBite

ZombieBite New Member

Such a badass ending! One of the few episodes that messes with your emotions, you know what I mean?

16. DarthGrimes

DarthGrimes New Member

I love this ending too. The music is super awesome. It kind of reminds me of the main theme of 28 Days Later. Listen to it and you'll see what I mean. It's so cool how the music starts when Shane is beating the shit out of Ed and then the scene changes to Merle's hand being found.

17. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

This was my concern about it. Even if the blade was dull, wouldn't you try for awhile before cutting your own hand off?

18. Cracker

Cracker Member

I'm rather partial to this ending. :Grin: