Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

This show disinterests me more than ever.

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by wolffe, Nov 10, 2015.

1. wolffe

wolffe Member

Your entire nature is different simply because you are female. Men and women will never be equal in this regard. Eventually people would just get used to the ZA. They would become desensitized to it. Everyone is still acting like the ZA happened yesterday and it's kind of annoying.

2. ella_k

ella_k Member

Nothing to do with gender.
    I`m a woman and found the last episode annoying/boring because of all those speeches. It felt like .. a filler episode. Or lunch break. And not because there wasn`t enough action. You can portray human relationships and drama/inner struggles in an interesting way too. Which wasn`t done here.

3. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Mhm, let me think about this..... no.
    The way you're saying it, women are overly sensitive emotional twads who don't want to accept the world has gone to absolute shit. But open your eyes, man, the majority opposing to the new world is male, LOL. The women suck it up regardless. Carol, Michonne, Maggie, Beth later on, Andrea, Karen, Sasha, hell, even ****ed up kids like Lizzie. They don't act like a bunch of overly emotional twads. And the women are coming around first in ASZ lol. It really disgusts me when you people imply that's all we're good at lol. The year is 2015, suck it up.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Your entire nature is different simply because you were born with an extra copy of chromosome 21. But nobody's judging you for it.

(Those who didn't get the joke, give it a Google. I promise it's a funny and measured response.)

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

What is it about this episode that brought out so much misogynistic crap? Men are acting like weak women. The lesbians aren't hot enough. Deanna needs makeup. Let's victim-blame Jessie. I hope all the douches crawl back into their holes soon.

6. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Shaking my head.....Isnt there a vine in a jungle somewhere that you can be swinging from instead of writing this crap? LOL

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I would just like to point out that me calling Jessie a bitch should be grandfathered-in, and it's only because she's delaying Richonne-- I'm sure aside from that she's a wonderful person.

• Like Like x 1
  8. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

It's all good. If someone's a bitch, they're a bitch. I just have a problem with stereotyping, double standards, and bigotry. :)

Also, I fail to see why sexists would even want to watch this show when it has kickass, don't-need-no-man female characters like Michonne and Queen Death Pokemon Rambol Bitch Carol, never mind all the other women who are survivors in their own ways. Boggles the mind, really.

9. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Because asshats like that will call women weaker and inferior to men in public yet secretly behind closed doors, they want nothing but to be dominated and controlled by a strong woman. Im thinking ole Wolffe up there is either now being dominated by a strong woman or he has been before and really liked it but needs to put the "he-man" persona on. I'm further betting that the only place he can be a "man" and exert himself is on these pages or the like, behind a nice safe computer and without the fear of confronting one of us strong, able women face to face. His balls then would surely fall off.

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

When will these stupid people realize that saying a man "acts like a woman" isn't an insult but the highest compliment ;)

#30 Hedwig, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The arguments about the things we see in this thread are totally the result of non-coherent-and-jump around-jumping jack forward and backwards so-called story. Instead of the serious and logically told stories in the first 4 seasons which had SO much depth, we get Denise kissing Tara (who cares- no story there )-- while the rest of us want to know how did Rick get out of the RV when he was surrounded by walkers; is Glenn dead or not? Is head walker going to escape after Morgan's stupid keeping alive in the basement and is he going to open what seems to be the walker bomb truck, or is some innocent from Alexandria going to that)? Did Abraham, Sasha and Darryl survive? If they did, how? And how are they going to get home? Instead we're watching a loser doctor, whatever her sexual preference, kiss Tara and stupid Spencer correcting loser ASZerians about hoarding pantry food only to claim the rights to them himself?

Rick miraculously escapes the RV and runs -- what, a marathon or two chased by walkers - and they're never going to tell us how he did that? When- for me at least -- that was my biggest interest in the show we just saw that did not answer that. Glenn dies and they jerk the viewers around about whether he is really dead, rather than let viewers feel the real pain of losing a beloved character? Instead of helping us see his death, we get a kiss of two women (well, good for them, who cares) instead of a story that matters). And so many etc.'s, (Well, I really did like Rick kissing Jessie and that was the one smart move of the last episode).

Overall: Are you kidding me? Gimple, Nicotero and the producers are out of their mind. Repeat-- they've lost it in their failed attempt to do something different from Darabont. Hey listen -- Darabont, no matter how much AMC or Darabont's successors hate him, made this show, along with the phenomenal actors and actresses they keep killing off and not replacing. The show wasn't PC, it wasn't special interest group pandering -- it was just a great, great, great, great absorbing cannot wait to see what happens story. Now, even if we feel that way, the story jumps around like jumping beans and never fills in the gaps,or fills them in so late, its who cares. Fast forward in time, fast backward in time, insignificant interactions which are trivial to the story; shun the really good actors and actress like Cudlitz or the gal who plays Rosita. Give us cheap stupid behavior from ASZ characters (whose story of total ignorance is not even credible).

The next thing TWD will lose is many of their viewers who want to see a coherent, deep, serious story with phenomenal actors and actresses, and a story line that (considering this is a zombie apocalypse) made sense, as it did when this series started and probably through S4. My guess is many, many viewers will hang on until the mid-season finale and then disappear.

Not me -- I'm a sucker for hope that we're not just watching a comic book story with deviations. IMHO, the writers and producers of TWD have lost their minds. If the rest S6 is like what we've seen so far, TWD is doomed to far lower ratings and I won't obsess so much over the nights I miss it due to work obligations.

And as to all those responders to this who are going to say, "don't watch", like they always do when people criticize an episode, screw you. I don't know of any law of the universe that says I have to keep loving a show that I have loved like no other when the show descends into mediocrity (out of who knows what motive.) I'll probably keep watching but I know that my friends, non-message surfing viewers, who are bitching about it a lot louder than me will not. And that's not good for me because I want this show to succeed.

12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Have his balls even dropped from his body yet? ;)

But other than that, yes, I think you've put your finger on the problem. :zombies_lol:

13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Sorry I'll try not to drink all of the Kool-Aid next time.
    But I'm not forcing you to watch.
    If you want to leave, that's more popcorn for me.

14. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

That visualization was hilarious and so, so fitting.

15. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Couldn't have been said any better.

16. Rick1

Rick1 New Member

I totally agree. I feel the same way.

17. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Of course, you can continue to watch and criticise the Show for as long as you want. I just find it disappointing because a lot of your posts seem to have been negative for a while and for me personally, I like to come here to read how other fans across the world LOVE TWD - and discuss what they really liked/what might happen next etc. If I was always typing negative thoughts here (and hadn't liked it since Season 3), it wouldn't be entertaining for me and I think I would just get fed up. Tbh, I found myself doing that a few times on the FTWD thread because I wasn't that impressed and decided to leave it. (Still going to watch the actual show itself though when it returns as I'm hoping I'll get to like it more:Grin:)

18. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

well spoken, thank you for saying all that you did. i really struggle with TWD and try to restrain myself from talking about it too critically. just because i don't love it doesn't mean it's worth anybody's time or energy to read my snitting all over it (including my own time to post such negativity). and i really do enjoy reading other people's comments and the excuses they make for it (or their love in spite of it). that's the best thing about this forum for me.

and who am i to judge what people enjoy anyway? i like FTWD, even admitting it's as silly as it is. i don't want to read all the garment-rending and hair-tearing from people who come into that forum just to hate on it. that's not cool.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, I appreciate Zvivor's posts. They are worth reading (although sometimes painful, haha). But on one critical point I disagree with her: this show should stick close to the comic, for better or worse.

20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

She's certainly nice to look at. :D