Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

This show is missing a sense of dread/danger

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Captive' started by Mother dick, May 8, 2016.

1. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

That's a good point. I do agree when you put it in perspective, but that still shouldn't mean they can't find a way to get a better 'Fear' factor into the current season. It's in the title, not Fear the other people. Here's hoping things start heading that way!

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It all boils down to the acting and chrisima of the actor... Even if an actor is playing a big asshole...he can still be very likable with the right actor... There is zero comparison to the overall acting/chrisima of the two casts.. The Origional cast of TWD was like family, you loved these people. The FTWD cast is nothing like that. They are like a bunch of strangers.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I don't see it that way. I think the characters act dumb from a common sense point of view from exactll where they are. I'm not judging them from TWD. I just do not think there are very many single likeable/loveable traits about any of them. Except Strand because he has balls, he is decisive, he is charming and at least one other character on the show fell in love with him. And, partially excepting Madison's "hard-as-nails" survival characteristics, I just don't like any of them. I don't care if any one of the lead characters die. I like Madison's courage, but so far, that doesn't make up for her non-stop, unrealistic demands to rescue every human being they run across, regardless of the risk.

really just do not like a single one of them, other than Strand (but then, again, judge me in the light of the TWD characters I didn't like: Dale, Hershel, who many other viewers loved and idolized).

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

You may not have liked Dale or Hershel, but they were played by great actors who had great screen command.

5. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with that.

6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Nick is intriguing. He is my favorite so far. Plus he used to be Voldemort, so there's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I have no idea how anyone can not like Nick. He's super nice to everyone and he's a bad ass, makes good choices and doesn't fear anything. He's even better than Rick was after two seasons, just younger.

Characters I really like:
    -Stand
    -Nick
    -Chris (call me crazy but he's well developed and interesting)
    -Daniel
    -Tobias (come back!!!)

Characters with potential:
    -Alicia
    -Travis
    -Alex

Characters that just plain suck or I don't care
    -Maddison
    -Salazar's daughter (she's hot though)

#27 Spidey, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  8. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

This is exactly it. I'm not into TV-show/movie production (maybe my next life), but if I were guessing why TWD worked and FTWD doesn't work as well, I would guess: (1) acting talent (Madison, Travis, Alecia and Chris have one face, maybe sometimes two; (2)Script: TWD had some of the best lines ever. People used to post their favorite lines in all kinds of different , and often hilarious, games on the boards. TWD's writers mixed humor, abject despair, politically incorrect humor -- so many,many,many quotable moments into the script. I can't even think of one line from FTWD that I'd like to quote in a joke or otherwise. It's a plain vanillla script acted out by plain vanilla actors and plain vanilla characters. Not worth turning off if you've got nothing better to do.

That said, I don't think TWD S6 was is what it once was before-- but Carol, Morgan,Rick -- they are still acted by some of the most spectacular actors/actresses ever seen on tv. And the basic story line was pretty interesting, once you saw it play out. And of the Alexandrians, I love Aaron and they've killed off the ones that were on my personal hit list--so, that's the perfect balance. Now I am really interested in the new guys.

Bottom line: I still love TWD and wouldn't miss it for the world -- even though sometimes it disappoints I watch FTWD because it's the younger (albeit less talented) sibling and there's nothing better to watch on tv on Sunday nights anyway.

9. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Nothing screams ZA like a mega yacht. The series is pretty lame. They totally lost me when they skipped the fall of civilization last season. The characters and the acting is good but the writing is really bad and the directing is lame. There is no sense of impending danger or suspense there is a guarantee of continued brooding and bickering. The writing is a little better this season because there have been some clever twists at the end of each episode.

10. _Luna

_Luna New Member

Daniel? Even Chris at this point.

*Edited: I think many would agree, we could also throw Nick into that category. He is morally sound, but because of his disease of addiction, has done a couple of questionable things, especially in Season 1 (for instance, stealing the old man's morphine drip).

#30 _Luna, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  11. J K

J K Member

I'm really trying to like this show but it's been tough lol which kind of sucks cause I really liked last season. Seeing how everything went down from the beginning was very interesting, they missed out on showing the total collapse in LA, they should have continued that a little longer. AMC is cheap so going the boat route and being on the water without any elaborate sets is a lot easier.

A lot have alluded to not connecting with these characters and I completely agree, I really couldn't care less if any or all of them die. There's really no chemistry at all between them, very clunky especially between Madison and Travis, Nick and Alicia's relationship is probably the most believable. Actually I want most of them to be killed off lol. I've never been so aggravated and annoyed at a collective group of people on a show. It's just a cluster F*** of one dumb decision after dumb decision with constant whinging about every dumb decision made.

I like Daniel the best, the only one who has any shred of common sense, Strand is ok too. Nick is growing on me, he's pretty resourceful. I thought I could never despise someone so much as I did with Noah but Chris is right there. I thoroughly enjoyed Noah's demise, I could only wish that happens with Chris. Feed the rest to the sharks and walkers.