Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

This show needs to stop progressing so slowly

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by ShanesGhost, Feb 18, 2013.

1. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I agree I'd like it to be a little faster

2. Bhante

Bhante Member

I may be in the minority here but I think the show (all seasons) is moving along just great! I had no problem with the great search for Sophia and I had no problem with the herd attack on the farm. I do not believe zombie fight = good, and character development = bad. Was Jaws boring in between the shark attacks? Was it over after Godzilla stomped Tokyo? Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell NO!

3. kmangel

kmangel Member

I agree. With Rick in another mindset the group wound up not securing the premises as they should. No one in the guard tower. Leaving themselves open to the Governor and his goons. If Rick had his senses about him he would have had the group in a better position to prepare for the sure retaliation to come (and which came). He never would have been out chasing Lori and nearly get himself killed, not to mention Axel.

4. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

The whole Rick chasing Lori thing is certainly an expansion of what happened in the comics. Nothing slow about that, they are just developing that part of the story and they are doing a fantastic job at it. For anyone who has read the comics, this is pretty much right on pace and in my opinion, I think it is closer to the comic now more than it has ever been. Certainly no slow pace about it thus far.

5. inopotamo

inopotamo New Member

The pace is fine imo. Going too fast wouldn't be any good. Season 2 was too slow, but they've picked the pace up in season 3 which is good

6. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Agree with OP, it's moving a tad too slowly with much emphasis on Rick's state of mind — boring.

7. DaltonioSpidey

DaltonioSpidey Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%!

8. highway234

highway234 Member

the walking dead IS a fascinating shoot-em-up/soap opera hybrid, so you can expect it to move slower than your typical resident evil movie, and faster than your typical As The World Turns story arc. but if you think it's going too slow you should just watch resident evil, and if you think it's going too fast you should just watch As The World Turns. the whole point is that the pacing is off.

9. littleangelv

littleangelv Member

I like thats its slower pace but also im inpatient at the same time....it if went faster it would not give time for the comic to go further....it would catch up to the comic too quickly........

10. ShanesGhost

ShanesGhost Member

BTW I'm in no way suggesting that the zombie action is going slow by any means. I love the action just the way it is...the first half of season 2 was a complete disaster in that department.

I guess what I'm saying is even though the show is amazing, and I'm a die hard fan, I don't like how they just develop the primary story lines in the last 3 minutes of the show. I have noticed the recent trend that they use alot of filler time for the first 40 minutes then with just 3 minutes of show they unveil what the focus is next week. Why not just develop some story lines in the mean time? How many times do we have to see Andrea and the Governor talking and not getting along? How many more Axel and Carol cute stories did we need to hear? I really am trying not to be annoying...BTW I am on a few other message boards for sports\politics\etc and all the mainstream fans are getting a bit bored of the shows pace so I am really hoping TWD fixes this minor flaw.

11. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I like the pace. If it went fast the show would not last long enough. I hope we get an episode count that matches the number of trades written. That's probably wishful thinking :(

I am happy with the amount of zombie kills and gore, if it was blood and guts for the whole hour it would start to get boring. I would stop gurning and screaming out loud at the awesome kills like the trunk zombie last week.

The way the show has been written is awesome, it could have been boring and predictable for comic fans but Kirkman has done a killer job in tweaking characters and plot lines.

12. ShanesGhost

ShanesGhost Member

Hate to be right about this....but as I posted a week ago...the show is progressing WAYYYYY too slow.

13. Dead man walking

I watched 9, 10 and 11 back to back and found them great, no probs. It feels slow when you only get one show per week.

14. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Agreed.

15. JohnD

JohnD Member

Hell NO indeed. :zombies_confused: