Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Those guys that came into the house..

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by luvmichonne, Feb 24, 2014.

1. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

One of the guys listed in the credits and seen sitting on the porch eating the canned food was Jeff Kober.
    He seems to play these sleazy types quite often so I reckon we'll be seeing him and these other guys down the road as well.

Interestingly enough, this gang seemed to be made up of biker-trash and gang-banger, cholo-types.

2. Dead man walking

I guess since the main guy is a prominent actor (don't know or care for his name but know his face) I guess they'll be around a while. Again Rick blew it by not shooting him on the Porch when he had the chance. He ran into the house so I'd have shot him in the back. Because you just know you can't leave any nutters out there, they'll come back and bite you in the ass eventually.

3. ghostmom71

ghostmom71 New Member

Exactly what I was thinking! thanks!

4. Dead man walking

The one next to the bed was just unconscious, he was snoring to some degree while Rick was under the bed. But these guys must be fruitcakes anyway - why the hell throttle each other over a bed - not the smartest survival guys in the world are they. If this is the Negan I've heard about (hope he doesn't surface ever or at least for 2 more series to be honest) they are retarded.

5. Dead man walking

Hillbillies..

6. ghostmom71

ghostmom71 New Member

I think the guy is dead and will turn into a walker. I fugure there is that guy by the bed and the guy in ther bathroom that both turned.

7. ghostmom71

ghostmom71 New Member

I'd say killed him

8. Lisa Brower

Lisa Brower New Member

I actually don't think its a bad thing that Rick saw that guys face, I think actually it will help him in the long run when they run into each other again - if those guys in the house were/are anything to do with where everyone is headed then, if they pretend to be good guys like the gov did then this time around they will know sooner and listen to Rick a lot sooner and with confidence this time. I think Rick will get the whole leadership thing back and cracking. I think it'll also be a reason for everyone to leave this safe place (if that's what it is) and take that nut job of a scientist to wherever it is they're headed...maybe..

ALSO I had completely forgotten about the guy in the bathroom, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out where the zombie had come from but yeh, thanks for clearing that up, it makes more sense as to why Rick left the bathroom door open now!

#28 Lisa Brower, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. lurkers&roamers

I don't know about that. I think Rick made the right call in not shooting. His main focus was to get to safety and warn Carl and Michonne before they got to the house. Shooting the guy would be self-defeating, as the guys in the house will hear it, run outside, and possibly try to chase down Rick, Michonne, and Carl. And for all we know, they might have had a vehicle. Safety for himself, Carl, and Michonne was his top priority, and shooting the guy could have put that in jeopardy.

10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

No it defenitely wasn't Negans group. He is psyco enough to kill somebody over a bed but his group is more organized, barely any stupidity. Beside the fact that

11. Dead man walking

They were shooting in the house and wouldn't have noticed, besides they had their hands full and shouting/ screaming because of the one who turned into a walker so not in any position to 'run outside'. Plus he was clearly the leader and let's be realistic the guys in there were just hillbilly morons so not much organisational skills if their leader is dead (fighting over a bed says it all). Rick went almost around the house and there was no vehicle close by, if anywhere it would be out front, which it wasn't so if they had one it wasn't close.

I think safety of Michonne and Carl being priority he should have shot them, he'll regret that later. As always he fails to shoot the main man when he has a chance - Carl was right. If he'd shot the Gov, Hershel would be alive even. The prison fell anyway so he didn't get it right. I like Rick - just wish he would 'get the job done'.

12. cakebythepound

The only time Rick had a real chance to shoot the Governor without actually dying himself was in Arrow on the Doorpost. For the life of me, I don't know why they wrote that whole scene. It was great acting, but logically, the two of them meeting and no one dying or even pulling a gun was a waste of 43 minutes.

At any rate, I don't think killing that guy on the porch would've been the best idea. In this situation, "getting it done" was getting the hell out of there with his life, so... mission accomplished.

13. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Yeah, I found that rather bizarre myself.

14. cakebythepound

Oh, and I think it would've been awesome if they gave us a hint of Negan here. Like maybe Rick could've seen Lucille hanging off the bed or something. It would've been a cool foreshadow for comic book fans, without actually seeing him for another season or two.

15. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I did find it a bit generic they were brainless brutes. Fighting each other for a bed, lack of discipline and order, eager for rape, lotta guys separated for long periods of time. How did these idiots survive for so long in the ZA? That said I am not that bothered by it. However, I think this instance of lazy writing is and example of what is keeping TWD from being just an entertaining show from a great show.

16. Scarecrow666

Scarecrow666 Member

Don't know if it has already been posted, but i believe they could be the group that killed those survivors at the random camp that the Governor and Tank Guy were pondering whether to raid or not.

17. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

That's exactly what they wanted to show us. They wanted to show us the fact that these guys would strangle someone just for a bed to rest on. This gives the audience (and Rick) that trying to show yourself and somehow talk yourself out of the situation is not going to happen. So after seeing that bed scene, Rick knows his ONLY option is to treat these people as absolute enemies and don't even hesitate to talk (i.e. strangling the guy in the bathroom asap).

Edit: You have to understand that a group like that is, unfortunately to say, is better equipped to survive in the ZA. That group obviously has no morals, they are only grouped up for their own self satisfaction to overtake smaller groups to loot, and kill them. Bandit groups like that will kill and steal for food and supplies, and unfortunately, they most likely survive better than people who have morals.

#37 Prophecy, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  18. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

What I mean is that this bandit group is disorganized and their in-fighting over the smallest of things - a bed to rest - would've meant they should've imploded and destroyed each other in a matter of days. They were sloppy and failed to clear the area. If they missed Rick they could've just as easily missed a walker. A smart bandit group could be empathized in some way in that they are desperate to survive by any means. A bandit group like this is just looked upon as a bunch of dumb idiots reveling in the current situation to exploit their deep desires for wanton rape, violence and humiliation.

19. lurkers&roamers

Fair point, but Rick couldn't have known for sure that someone in the house wouldn't have noticed right away. By shooting the guy, he could potentially be putting the lives of himself, Carl, and Michonne on the line. At that point, his main concern was getting to safety. Now, if the walker hadn't attacked, I do think he would have had to shoot. But the distraction was enough to make a clean getaway. Remember, his goal was to get out and warn Michonne and Carl, not to kill all of the intruders. Also remember that we still don't know exactly how many there were. There could easily be enough to both deal with an indoor and outdoor threat at the same time. Rick was at a disadvantage because he did not know their number.

As for the Governor, I'm not convinced he should have shot him then and there. A gun shot is heard and that would immediately put the lives of both Hershel and Daryl at risk.

20. dmizzle26

dmizzle26 Member

alot of people is speculating that these guys could have ties to The Hunters since its been rumored that The Hunters is due to show up soon although none of em showed any characteristics to The Hunters nor Negan, besides i think itll be awhile before we get Negan we know he is coming though.

But as far as if these guys will show up again i do believe so the Porch guy is a big actor i imagine they gone get their moneys worth out of him in fact