Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Those two guys from Philly worry me ...

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by speedmaster, Feb 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. turbo6

turbo6 Member

Awesome way to end the episode, I really liked that scene. Though I guess I can nit pick just a little...I was a little irked the way they portrayed the two Philly guys. Being set in the south, the show has really avoided most stereotypes. I've been to Philly many times and no one there is really like that.

Considering many old time southern people still despise Northern folk, I just found it to be a silly unnecessary cultural cliche. But anyway...

I think above all the scene illustrates that at this point in the game people are desperate and losing their cool. The two guys presumably had no idea where Herschel's farm was, yet they were foolish enough to try and kill just to find a safe haven.

2. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I didnt' really think it was being sterotypical I just thought it was these two guys were basically douchbags. I think they could have come from any state and been protrayed the same way. So hopefully most others didn't think that's how people in Philly are. I didn't think that anyway.

3. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Yes, there are a lot of them.

4. marsyao

marsyao Member

I guess they were city boys who do not really know firearms

5. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

ul

Me and the rest of the Philly Phaithful, thank you!! Joe Buck and the crap cable station known as FOX gives Philly a hard enuff time! :shining:

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

Every story has two side, I know lot of people live in Northern big city do not have high opinion of southerners, a New Yorker told me "Anyone live outside of Manhattan are country pumpkin"

7. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Opinions, every body has one or ten,

I've got some New Yorker friends and they think very highly of Southerners...especially Texas. Except when it comes to football, all I hear about these days is the Giants this and the Giants that lol

Anyhow, who really knows if these two where in fact telling the truth.

8. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Then maybe they're not as stupid as they look.

Corpus Christi native. Represent!

9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Cool, West Texas here.

10. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I lived in NYC 3x in my life...and being a Philly native I already hated Zoo york anyways, BUT after living there 3 times (and believe me the 3rd time was NOT the charm), I really hate all things new york! Good thing about a ZA is that Derek Jeter and the rest of the scums on the Bankees would be zombie chum! Go Phillies!! :shining:

11. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Right on, brother.

I had some buddies from Lubbock back in college. They considered themselves West Texas, but being from so far south, I always thought of Lubbock as solidly north.

12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Lubbock is a grey area I guess, I've always considered part of the Panhandle my self. Anyhow, I'm 2hrs south in the Midland/Odessa area.

13. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Large groups of single males would probably be the worst thing to run into in a ZA. If those guys are part of a much larger group of raiders, bandits and rapists then the groups needs to get moving and fast. In some ways reminds me of the movie "The Road". Not a great movie but large groups of cannibalistic, sex starved men who eat the children of the women they rape and get pregnant seem to be the way things would go in TWD too. I'm sure there would also be large groups of men who wouldn't act this way but I wouldn't take any chances with my wife and kids.

14. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

Yeah, that...and I would've shot the fat guy just on principal for pissing on the floor of the only bar in town.

15. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Haha......

16. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

LMAO!!! What a compromising position to be in when dying!

17. boutte

boutte Active Member

How many Giants players are from NY. How many are from the SEC?

#97 boutte, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  18. hulkzombie

hulkzombie New Member

My two cents

The debate here between the two visitors being good or bad validates the scene as great, they were clearly trying to create an ambiguous situation. Personally i thought something was off, remember they clearly scoped out the cars before coming in and deduced that the people inside had another spot they were living in, i believe that is why they didnt just start shooting when they came in, they pumped rick for information, which they were (to me) clearly not going to leave without.
    There was no talk of compromise or backing off, the fat guy peeing on the bar was (to me) just a sign that the visitors weren't thinking of ricks reaction because he would be eliminated soon. A person who wants to join in another group doesnt share the fact that he wants to "get ass" from the women in their group. No more than he would say he wants to use up all your gas and food.
    My mom is from philly and south philly guys are just like what was shown, in my experience. I am from new york and guys from queens are also the same way so are guys from south boston
    If you didnt feel like the two had bad intentions, what do you think would have happened if rick had refused to divulge the location. They clearly werent going to accept rick leaving...
    Just my two cents.

19. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Heck if I know, I don't watch football. How many are from either and who is SEC?

20. turbo6

turbo6 Member

Where the guys where from is unimportant to an extent - Their part in the story was just to help paint a picture that in this point in time people are now becoming reckless, desperate and crazy.

Understandably Rick was not about to invite them in and that clearly was not the answer the Philly guys were looking for. People at this point will do anything for safe refuge, and if you add some clouded judgement to the mix things will get dangerous.

They really took the wrong approach to it all, but trusting people now is going to be quite difficult. Pissing on the floor isn't much of an introduction either...

However, truth be told, we really know nothing about the Philly guys and honestly they could have been decent people, albeit crude and a bit douchey but we'll really never know. What we do know is that they made a really poor decision that cost them their lives.
    Plus they never really got any solid info from Rick about the farm or any safe haven so I am a bit dumbfounded why they went out shooting...

Rick was totally on point in that situation and clearly is still in charge.

However one thing is still left unresolved here...the Philly guys I believe mentioned they were traveling in a group, so it could be a possibility that they may have another group to watch out for now...