Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Those two guys from Philly worry me ...

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by speedmaster, Feb 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. marsyao

marsyao Member

I believe they already find out that Rick is the leader of these three people, if they shot Rick dead to warn other two the consequence for being uncooperative, then hopefully either Hershel or Glen would be so frighten that they would tell them everything. That would not work, considering Hershel's two daughters and Glen's beloved girlfriend live in the farm, and these two men would rather die than putting their lives in danger. but Dave and Tony do not know that.

2. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yeah, and so could half the sweet talking cons out there that the police with the best trained eyed capture, and/or note as unscrupulous. Cons are great at deception, and typically appear decent, cops like Rick (and Shane would have too if he was there) have their number down pat. Decent people do not start threatening the lives of others, at least not where I come from. Plus why weren't they just as weary of Rick and his guys? Decent people would be interested in protecting their own and not so quick to join up with three strange dudes they just met. Plus the body language and the sudden tone got menacing. Also, those that are unsure will soon find out what kind of people they were based upon the company that they kept which is to show up soon.
    Because the plan was most likely going to be to blow Rick away, hold and terrorize the other two at gun point, hopefully forcing them to take them back to the farm so they can steal everything in site, sexually assault ever female they encounter, and then kill them including the men. Why did these "decent folks" not stay with any of the numerous groups they had already encountered? Chilling actually to think about what they did to all those people.
    Yes, according to the promos this was not a two manned group of bandits called tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

#102 Zambi, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  3. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Exactly! Career criminals and con artists tend to be just as good at reading others as police are. Rick read them right, and they knew that. They also read Rick, Glen and Hershel right, and if it weren't for the daughters and Glen's girl they might have been successfully led back to the barn.

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I agree with Marysou. It was as obvious that Rick was the leader of one group as it was that the talker was in charge of the two that found them.

5. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Everything the guy did spoke of aggression. The way the actor portrayed this guy was pretty good. He wasn't asking questions. He was doing an interrogation. Everything about him oozed aggression. They did it wrong. They should have sent in a scared looking woman. That would have been my tactic to figure out what kind of folk they were.

6. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

1oo percent agree with you. There is definately a time frame when if your travellig you want to get the hell off roads that most people would travel, and you would want to trail and watch any group for a long time to determine if you approach them, kill the, lead them to their death, or stay the hell away from them.

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

The idiocy that is Lori.

8. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yes he did. He was playing nice to try to feel them out more. He found that Glen didn't get what he was all about, and started trying to direct it to Glen. They probably didn't have a woman with them, they probably killed everyone they encountered in the end. I recall Tony talking about not getting any in weeks, and yet they came across many groups. I would have imagined if they let the women live after they assaulted them, they would have taken some prisoner with them.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yeah.... well... some peole have no mind for the future :) They reminded me of this roving group from The Stand that were taking women only for one thing. If you ask me, they should have met up with Michone first. I'd like to see what was left of them then.

10. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Oh I remember them in the stand. Scumbags. That would have been grand having them meet that character. ;)

11. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Greetings all, my first post here ! :Grin:

I have to admit, the ending took me as a complete curveball, I was utterly stumped and confused.
    It took me two watchings, reading this and other threads here, and a third watching before I finally "got it"...Maybe I'm just that bad judge of character, or maybe it's because my native language isn't English.

On my first watching I figured they where introducing two new characters, wich I though was cool.

I sized up Dave as a streetsmart and diplomatic fellow, trying to feel out Ricks group without divulging any real details about their own group or their whereabouts.
    I figured they would be in need of aid from Ricks group, but unsure if they where thrustworthy, or even able to help them.

Tony struck me as loud and obnoxious. The kind of character one "loves to hate"....Sort of a Merle replacement I guessed.
    I was predicting there would be some walker incident or similar that would bring them all together, and was looking forward to the friction and interactions these two new fellows and the rest of their gang could cause later down the line.

Though I did find Ricks behaviour initially appropriate, as he had no reason to trust these two guys either.
    But as things escalated I got more and more confused as to why Rick was ramping up the tension until it resulted in cowboy mayhem.
    I was like...WTH Rick, why did you go and do THAT ?!

So yeah....I would probably not survive more than a few hours of a ZA scenario :Chainsaw:

12. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

what I don't understand is that Asian guy??? He has a shotgun..... like I mean come on??? A shot gun and he just sits there like a bump on a log. What a total moron! All he would have had to do is shoot a shot up in the air to command attention, then maybe reload and point and tell one or the other to drop it?? He could have helped in some way. Not just sit there like a moron. Especially now since he's trying to grow a pair. He could have told rick to cuff them. By by not doing that rick was forced to shoot them. So in other words the asian is the one who actually murdered the two guys for his lack of inaction.

13. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Considering how well he was handling the shotgun in the car, driving into town....I think Glenn is better off unarmed.

14. boutte

boutte Active Member

That's a pretty big stretch. Glenn is a kid with no experience or training in this kind of thing.

Up to the point when Dave hopped over the bar, which struck me as an obvious tactical maneuver, it seemed like things, while tense, had a good chance of being resolved peacefully. When Dave went for his gun Rick had no other option.

15. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yeah he goes and does what you think he should do, then he's bound to cause the two idiots to quickly point both their weapons at Rick at the same time ordering "No, YOU drop YOUR weapon!" Then he's really screwed things up. If he doesn't drop it, they kill Rick. If he tries to shoot one (and he has little experience, he's no cop) the other kills Rick and then him. He had the gun just in case, but he was smart to let the well trained cop handle it whom did not look to be some one who was having a hard time handling them at all.

Blaming him for those two scumbags being dead is absurd. What is with this mentality of blaming others who have nothing to do with it, for the bad behavior and actions of others? They aren't dead because Glen sat there. They are dead because THEY decided to get threatening, and Dave finally went for his gun. But for THEIR actions, they'd still be alive. It's their own damn fault and good riddance to rubbish.

16. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Glen has skills in other areas. As a tactician and scout.... not in violence or aggressive confrontation.

He's still a kid in a lot of ways, pretty naive about people.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

Dave and Tony were no weapon expert, do you know notice Dave, Rick and Tony stood on a single straight line with Rick stood in the middle? In this kind of position, if Dave or Tony fired their weapon, they would risk hitting their friend,their friend would be in as much danger as Rick, a person who was familiar with the guns would never stand on friend's line of fire as they did. These two Philly guys may be just civilians before all this happened, and just picked up weapon on their way.
    Glen is fine, he already killed walkers, both by gun and by cold steel, that means he has the ability to kill, but he never killed live people, and as people say first time is always awful, he would be better next time.

18. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Sure they were tweedle dee and tweedle dum. That doesn't mean that Dave getting behind the bar was not a tactical maneuver, regardless of how unprofessionally thought out it was. He obviously got behind there with the intention of creating a distraction and having a barrier he hoped might guard him; aka a tactical maneuver.

19. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

It didn't work out.

20. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Nope, it sure didn't! Like I said, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle dumb.