Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard that too.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Every era has its good and bad.

[​IMG]

3. Morgotha

You have to admit with the recent laws in NY and VA the pendulum has swung a bit farther leftward than most people are comfortable with.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The WHOLE POINT of all these laws is to get them before judges and move up the system (which McConnell has been busy stacking with COMPLETELY unqualified judges, but they hate Roe v Wade which is all they care about) to the Supreme Court, where Kavanaugh and all the new hires will make it LEGAL.

There are several other states creating trigger laws right now, so that when Roe v Wade is struck down abortion automatically becomes illegal in the state.

Never mind that the VAST majority of Americans are completely against them doing this. They are only playing for the Fundamentalist Facists. Republicans don't even see anyone else, they even create policies that destroy their own voters.

How can you not see where this is heading? They want this all a done deal in 2020 when they think they'll lose the White House, but since Democrats are MORONS and no one is even paying attention they'll retain the Senate and continue to hamstring all legislation.

5. Morgotha

In what way are any of Trump's new judges *unqualified*? I think that's bias on your part. I doubt if any of them are unqualified, whether appointed by Obama or Trump. They might have different political POVs, but that doesn't make them unqualified.

Roe IS a terrible decision. Something of the magnitude of abortion should have been handled by Congress, not the courts. I'm not opposed to overturning Roe as I believe it will force Congress to pass an actual law regarding abortion. LOL, not that I'm naive enough to think that'll happen. The abortion industry is too much a part of the national fabric to go away, and the Supreme Court isn't big on reversing itself, so rest assured, a mother's right to kill her child will continue long after you and I are dead and buried.

6. PepperAnn

That's a little much Morgotha.

7. Morgotha

I wish I could agree, but then I've read the salient parts of NY's Reproductive Health Act and Virginia's HB2491.

8. PepperAnn

Well, remember you don't know what everyone that reads this thread has gone through in their personal lives either.

9. Morgotha

I know, I really do.

Any woman can end up in a bad situation and have to make hard decisions, but to keep our humanity there has to be a limit somewhere, and that somewhere is somewhere prior to an abortionist holding a 40 week-old baby's head in to keep them from being delivered and then jabbing a scissors in to the baby's skull and moving it around to make sure the baby is dead on delivery.

#25749 Morgotha, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The American Bar Association has stated for several of his picks that they are completely unqualified:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/trump-picks-more-not-qualified-judges-1

"The appointments by past presidents were to trial, or district, courts, and all four were confirmed. In contrast, two of Trump’s “not qualified” nominees were to federal appeals courts. Appellate circuits are the highest courts that federal cases generally reach."

Google Thomas Farr and Ryan Bounds. Read some of these:

http://www.pfaw.org/blog-posts/mitch-mcconnells-dangerous-power-grab/

They are not interested in representing what the majority of Americans want, they have their couple of issues (abortion being one of them and seemingly to limit voting rights), and that's why they're nominated and why McConnell changed the rules to rush them into place.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

When does the procedure you describe happen? Specifics, please.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/10/21/doctors-trump-wrong-late-abortions/92515324/

12. PepperAnn

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Jeez, no bias there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Morgotha

I'm not trying to be insensitive to anyone's situation, I'm just appalled at what happens in late term abortions and more routinely how fetal remains are disposed of - in bulk.

When it's too much work to do a d&x? Here's the procedure for a d&x, which is less violent, if nothing else.
    "
    Two days before the procedure, laminaria is inserted vaginally to dilate the cervix. Your water should break on the third day and you should return to the clinic. The fetus is rotated and forceps are used to grasp and pull the legs, shoulders, and arms through the birth canal.

A small incision is made at the base of the skull to allow a suction catheter inside. The catheter removes the cerebral material until the skull collapses. The fetus is then completely removed."

https://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/surgical-abortions/

15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Where in that link does it describe holding the FULL TERM baby's head in the birth canal, then stabbing it in the head with a scissors?

Remember when I said be specific?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oops, @PepperAnn, this was meant to be a Reply to your message to me that it is the doctors who are held accountable in Alabama. Which is true. But lots of states have new laws.

In Georgia, Women May Receive a Death Sentence for Choosing Abortion

By [​IMG] RUTH MCCAMBRIDGE | May 8, 2019

May 7, 2019; Slate

Five days ago, we published a story about Alabama’s new anti-abortion bill, which would incarcerate doctors who perform abortions at any stage of pregnancy for up to 99 years. Yesterday in Georgia, a bill was signed into law that would impose a life sentence—or even the death penalty—for women who elect to abort after a fetal heartbeat is detectable. Even if a woman goes out of state to avail herself of the procedure, she could be charged with conspiracy to murder, along with whoever has transported her.

HB 481 declares that “unborn children are a class of living, distinct person” that deserves “full legal recognition.” Thus, Georgia law must “recognize unborn children as natural persons”—not just for the purposes of abortion, but as a legal rule.

A woman who miscarries because of her own conduct—say, using drugs while pregnant—would be liable for second-degree murder, punishable by 10 to 30 years’ imprisonment. Prosecutors may interrogate women who miscarry to determine whether they can be held responsible; if they find evidence of culpability, they may charge, detain, and try these women for the death of their fetuses.

Although this is definitely one of those state laws written expressly to get a Roe v. Wadechallenge in front of the now-conservative-majority Supreme Court, it is also a prosecution that would not be foreign to the state. Even before the law was passed, a prosecutor in Georgia charged one woman with murder after she improperly used an abortion pill in an attempt to end her pregnancy. The case was dropped once the prosecutor found it legally impermissible; starting next year, no barriers stand against such a prosecution.

The Medical Association of Georgia and the Georgia Academy of Family Physiciansopposed the legislation, and the ACLU of Georgia said they would challenge the bill as “unconstitutional.” Heartbeat bills have already become law in Mississippi and Kentucky. Other states considering such legislation include Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, and Ohio.—Ruth McCambridge

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2019...ceive-a-death-sentence-for-choosing-abortion/

What's peripherally interesting to me about this new law is that when Trump was first asked if women would be prosecuted for abortion, he actually stopped to think about it, and he said Yes. Which is indeed the logical answer. Law makers have previously decided to hold only doctors responsible because of the bias that doctors are men and intelligent and aware of what they are doing--while women are pitiable child-like creatures who cannot be held responsible for their actions. It always was a despicable basis of "reasoning," but no one objected because at least it kept women from being prosecuted.

Anyway, with Trump, they told him that the Republican stand was to hold only doctors responsible and he also saw that stand would be more acceptable so he quickly accepted that.

Logically, indeed women are as responsible as doctors. It is only thinking about the reality of the cruelty of treating women criminally that makes the anti-abortion cult swerve away. They SHOULD have enough sense to see the cruelty of their entire malicious mindset in prosecuting doctors and women both.

But these are southern states, and they have that tradition of not caring about the cruelty of their malicious mindsets, instead convincing themselves they are benevolently taking care of other people, believing other people have neither the right nor the capacity to make their own moral decisions and lead their own lives.

#25756 Lindigo, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  17. Morgotha

18. PepperAnn

WOW.

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Ah, so now you are saying you never meant to imply this was an ACTUAL procedure used for abortion rather than just something a single guy (a convicted killer) did? Right.

My google didn't work because I was googling abortion procedures, not murder.

I suppose you would also like people to believe that what Harold Shipman did to elderly people was a procedure you could use in a debate to imply it was normal and widely used?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Morgotha

c
    Well, Tink, that's what late-term abortion is: Murder of a baby. That's why you won't find people out there saying what they do, but only hear about this type of thing when someone testifies for one reason or another. It's a disgusting thing, and its practitioners keep as quiet about it as they can.

It's also a common one. Your article shows that it happens about 16,000 times per year in the U.S. That's the population of a small town every year.