Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Omg why did that make me laugh. Lol ugh

2. PepperAnn

I should show y’all the HUGE booger that flew out of my nose the other morning. Y’alled all go EWWWWWWW and hug. It was HUGE.

3. PepperAnn

I saved it. Lmao

4. PepperAnn

Just trying to bring everyone together. :D

5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

But the republicans didnt want democrats to enforce subpoenas. So they pushed the timelime to prevent more witnesses and evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. DeadZedHead

He knows he can get away with anything. And thats something.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. DeadZedHead

You should make it youre profile pic.

8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I also looked it up. Here’s a different take on the story...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-g...s-cruel-and-unusual-punishment-in-mississippi

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Because it was funny, ya glue-sniffer. That's why!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. purriwinkle

Did you miss the point that they were 20 yrs ago? I’ve tried in vain to find out what the current misdemeanor was but jail codes could have changed in 20 years as he didn’t seem aware he was breaking any rules with the phone. Could have been a traffic violation for all They’re reporting. I won’t step down until I read that the officers in charge of searching inmates were relieved of their jobs for their part in this fiasco. Otherwise I will surmise that Mississippi is a hole I would never want to fall into nor do I intend to. Personally, after reading about Mississippi’s incarceration rates, I think they set him up.

#29892 purriwinkle, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  13. Morgotha

The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Mississippi can't be a hole you don't want to fall in to AND he can be a criminal. I find it hard to believe he thought he could take the phone in to the prison, especially as he lied and said it wasn't his when caught with it. If he thought it was o.k. to have a phone, he'd say, "yeah, it's mine, what of it?"

Mississippi's prisons are overcrowded already, and if this guy is just some harmless nobody, why would the State go through the trouble of "setting him up" to put him in to their overcrowded prison system?

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

And if a person likes Trump in some way, finds him amusing, normal or acceptable then they should look inside.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

16. Morgotha

I tried that, and unfortunately it's Legos all the way through.:(

[​IMG]

17. Morgotha

The judge gave Stone 3.5 years. She sounds like a good judge. She said that what the prosecutors asked for was excessive, but that he should be in jail.

"
    GOP operative Roger Stone was sentenced to more than three years in prison on Thursday after days of drama ensnaring career prosecutors, the attorney general and the president over how severe Stone's punishment should be for making false statements to investigators during the Trump-Russia probe.

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson, while taking a firm stance toward Stone in the courtroom, also said the up to nine years originally sought by federal prosecutors was excessive. Her sentence of 40 months in prison was considerably less than that -- but still tough enough to keep speculation alive about a possible pardon from President Trump."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger-stone-sentencing

18. purriwinkle

From the article from The Daily Beast:

Additionally, while 38 percent of Mississippi’s population is black—the largest share of any state—its prosecutors and judges are white and male, as in the rest of the country.

Today, the state that lynched the most African-Americans now locks up its black citizens. According to a 2018 ACLU report, 1 in 30 black men in Mississippi is in jail, while a 2019 report from FWD.us finds that “1 in 7 black Mississippians has a felony conviction.”

“This is a guy who has no history of violence,” said Robert McDuff, director of the Mississippi Center for Justice’s Impact Litigation Project. “His only prior criminal convictions were burglary convictions that were nearly 20 years old or older. I mean this guy's obviously not a career criminal. He was in jail on a misdemeanor charge when this cellphone was found…. So, yeah, clearly he's not a violent person—he’s not a danger if he's on the streets. It's just ridiculous to be sentencing him to 12 years in prison,”.

Those are some statistics. One in 30 black men in Jail with one in 7 having a felony conviction. Mississippi seems determined to lock as many black men away as possible even if their prisons are overcrowded (and the offense Innocuous).

There are some discrepancies as to exactly what happened. One report said he denied the phone was his. Others say he asked the guard to recharge it when the battery was low, like not hiding it at all. It doesn’t matter, it should have been taken from him upon his initial incarceration so there is blame all around.

As far as I’m concerned Mississippi seems like a very dark hole to me. As much as I travel I can see no reason to go there, and reading articles about things like this only makes the state more unappealing. Apologies to anyone here from Mississippi.

#29898 purriwinkle, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  19. Morgotha

I can't say I've got any strong drive to go there, either. That being said, what happens if you do NOT lock up criminals? Answer: the criminals stay on the streets and commit more crimes, all of which have *victims*.

If one in thirty black men are in jail what that means to me is that something must be done to get black men to stop committing crimes. It does NOT mean that we should stop putting them in jail for committing crimes, that would just lead to MORE active criminals on the streets.

On this particular guy? Do I think it's worth the tax money to keep him locked up for 12 years rather than have him work for a living and earn his own keep? No. OTOH, what does he do for a living? Does he work, or his he already a ward of the state, as it were? If he's out earning his own keep, we should send him back out to earn his own keep. OTOH, if our taxes are paying his bills, we might as well have him off the street where he can't victimize anyone else.

20. purriwinkle

Yeah, we don’t know any of those details about how he was doing in the last 20 yrs. but sticking to what we do know, it seems since the error initially occurred on the side of law enforcement so there should have been a fine or warning at most. It wasn’t like the guy was already in prison and someone snuck him in a phone.

Quite frankly, if I was ever arrested, and I can’t imagine why I would be, lol, and they put me in a holding cell, I would be subject to whatever procedures I had to go through. At the end, if I still had my cell phone, I would assume it was all right for me to have it otherwise they would have taken it away. Why would that be my fault?

If they’re imprisoning black men for crimes that are as innocuous as this, that state has a big problem.