Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

He wasn't arrested *for this* though, he was arrested for something else, and was charged for the cell phone while already in jail.

Why don't any of the numerous articles on him saying his sentence is excessive say what he was in jail *for*? That seems like a pretty newsworthy bit of information.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

3. purriwinkle

He was arrested for something, like you said, but had he been through a trial and convicted? I’m not sure about that.

4. Morgotha

Who knows? The media people seem to just be copying each others' articles and not giving us any information.

Oh, he's been out of jail for about 13 years as his last felony burglary charge landed him in jail for 7.

5. purriwinkle

It would be nice to have ALL the facts, lol but big chunks of this story are apparently going to be left a mystery.

I also couldn’t find if the results of the initial charges (which we don’t know what they were) were dropped, or does he go to trial etc.

The part of the story we do know is that the guy was convicted of having a phone the police overlooked, let him have, whatever, and that one piece of this whole thing is on the cops.

He should have only done prison time if he was convicted of the crime for which they arrested him, but not for having the phone, IMO. As I said above, I guess we’ll never know, as Paul Harvey used to say, the rest of the story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

7. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Chuck Lorre's vanity card tonight on Young Sheldon: Yo, Billy B, as long as you've got your head stuck up there, why not check for polyps.

9. Lindigo

Are you sure? You have one chance out of 7,500 entries to win this raffle house in MS this year. ;)

[​IMG]

Mississippi does two raffles, but the picture for the other one isn't up yet. I thought about it last year, but I just couldn't seriously contemplate the move.... lol Cute houses,though.

10. purriwinkle

Yeah, I’m pretty sure, lol. Cute house but it would take a hell of a lot more to get me down there. If you think it may be a good fit for you though, good luck.

11. Sharpie61

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Lindigo

Almost any new house would suit me, but I think not Mississippi.... Yikes.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Sharpie61

15. Morgotha

Meh. I can see why Trump wouldn't want his own people talking about potential Russian interference after putting up with the Mueller investigation for the past 3 years. Do you really think he'd be happy having his own people getting the Dems revved up again?

And just so everyone's on the same page, "yes", Russia, China, England, and everyone else are probably all trying to influence our election. It's the job of U.S. citizens to be informed voters and not listen to wild rumors.

16. Sharpie61

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Morgotha

Another policy initiative put in place by Trump:

"
    The Trump administration on Monday is implementing the long-awaited “public charge” rule that restricts green cards for immigrants deemed likely to be reliant on welfare — a rule furiously opposed by Democrats, but one that officials argue will protect taxpayers and align with American principles.

“It’s consistent with our law for over 140 years, it's a core American value of self-sufficiency, and it’s just plain old logic — what country wants to bring welfare problems into its society? We don't want to do that,” acting Deputy Homeland Security Secretary Ken Cuccinelli told Fox News ahead of the rule going into effect. "We’re happy to open our doors to people from all over the world but we expect them to stand on their own two feet.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ru...-immigrants-from-green-cards-goes-into-effect

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

If you don't really think about what that new 'policy initiative' actually means, you might think it's a good thing.

But what it really means is that the people with the greatest need, those fleeing war, genocide and terrible regimes will not be eligible to come to America for asylum. Only wealthy, educated people can come here under those rules. People assisted by Catholic and Lutheran charities will be blocked. No one who would be willing to work entry-level jobs for low wages is coming.

This is a not very hidden way to prevent people of color and people Republicans believe will likely vote for liberals. Period.

19. Morgotha

Nope. It actually isn't discriminating about people who are going to WORK at entry level jobs, this is blocking out people who are going to be coming here and going straight on to welfare. How you can not agree with this is beyond me.

In case you haven't noticed, our children's education is falling behind in comparison to the rest of the world, there are bums and drug addicts on the streets, and prisons are so overcrowded some states just aren't bothering to arrest people for smaller crimes anymore. We don't have the MONEY to put anyone in the world who wants it on government assistance. We don't even have the money to treat our own citizens the way we should.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Our children's education is falling behind because of the nonsense that some schools want to teach them. You forget, Republicans are now for an anti-science curriculum. And because the wealthy and corporations aren't paying taxes anymore, so the poor and middle class struggle to fund their schools using tax dollars. Bums and drug addicts are on the streets because we allowed big pharma to push opioids on EVERYONE for their personal financial benefit, and regular people can no longer afford to buy or rent in many places because wages have been depressed for DECADES. Prisons are overcrowded because that's how people want it, putting too many people who commit non-violent criminal offenses in prisons, and keeping them there. And then the biggest reason, because we gave massive tax breaks to the rich and they are keeping all the money for themselves while the vast majority struggle.

How you can agree that somehow this is the fault of poor people seeking a better life where they at least have a chance and NOT the rich ****ing everyone and blaming it on the poor/middle class is beyond me. There is a HUGE welfare problem in America, but it isn't because of money going to the poor and middle class, it's the rich/corporations that are the problem. The people who need it the very LEAST.

• Winner Winner x 1