Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Not everyone is happy with Barr’s intervention once again.

https://apple.news/AXrYqn2x1TtieIsh608Wy9Q

Nearly 2,000 former Justice Department employees have united in a call for Attorney General William Barr's resignation.

In a letter posted Monday on Medium, former DOJ employees of both Democratic and Republican administrations say Barr "once again assaulted the rule of law, this time in the case of President Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn." And just like they demanded after the DOJ softened Roger Stone's sentencing, signers of the letter say that warrants Barr's resignation.

#30481 purriwinkle, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

3. Sharpie61

Aragon, or whatever the Turkish guys name.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Almost Lord of the Rings. Also almost one of Hagrid's pets. lol

Horace Slughorn: [saying Aragog's eulogy] Farewell, Aragog, king of arachnids, whose long and faithful friendship those who knew you won't forget! Though your body will decay, your spirit lingers on in the web-spun places of your forest home.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindigo

But wait. lol Here's what I really came to post. This is for you Morgotha. How Trump Talks. Complete with full question because, Lord have mercy, some of those questions are so confusing.

Also, ADORABLE WASPS. lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL, I like his Mothers' Day response the best. Trump can't keep focus *at all*! I wonder what he'll be like 4 years from now?

And those wasps were just the cutest things ever! :):):)

Back to Trump, I can understand why Trump said a couple of things that seemed to baffle the host. When he said the virus would likely go away in April, that probably was because that's what the yearly flu does - disappears with the warmer weather. We'll have to see in the heat of the Summer what happens with this virus and whether it follows the same pattern or not.

And on the "it'll go away bit"... I sort of agree. We are trying to cure or minimize the symptoms of the virus, but if we don't get that done quickly, it will likely run its course through the population, and once most people have contracted it, will fade out on its own as it doesn't have naive hosts to attack. Hopefully. My big worry with this virus is that it doesn't appear to be the virus itself causing the lethal complications, but the body's response to them that is the problem. When we're talking immunity, how long does that last? If the immunity is only for a half a year or so, but the body remains primed to make even *more* of an immune response at the next exposure to the virus, the second and third and fourth waves of disease might be successively more deadly. That would be bad. Personally, I'm hoping for the "runs its course and fades away" idea.

LOL, I saw that bit where he called in to Fox earlier. You can almost imagine all of them thinking, "try and keep a straight face, try and keep a straight face, you'll get fired if you start laughing at him or look disgusted, try and keep a straight face". I've never seen a more wooden set of expressions on t.v., and Trump just continues on, oblivious.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Sharpie61

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Those wasps were scary.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Lindigo

10. Sharpie61

11. Morgotha

I doubt it. Washington people even have "permanent residences" that are UPS boxes in their home state, so my suspicion is any permanentish address will be o.k. enough in that regard as long as he has a permanent mailbox where they accept his mail.

Oh, and as an afterthought, if he DID commit the crime of voter fraud a couple of years ago, I'm pretty sure the press would have let us know by now.:rolleyes:

12. Sharpie61

I understand about the P.O. Box address thing, but he claimed Mar a Lago.
    It wasn’t known about the rules to “private club” vs. “personal residence” issue, until Eric tried to get the dock put in again.

If Eric claimed that the dock was needed for security reasons because Mar a Lago is the “Winter White House”, then that should mean that when his presidency is up, then he should have to turn over the property to the federal government, so the incoming president can also use it.

The truth is out there

13. Sharpie61

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...d53fb2-849c-11ea-878a-86477a724bdb_story.html

The truth is out there

14. Morgotha

I'd bet if told him the person who won the next Presidential election would get to use it as well, he'd probably be fine with that:D.

What I'd do is say, "fine, you can call the place your residence, but ""no dock for you"". Problem solved.

15. Sharpie61

Why wouldn’t the next presidents get to use the dock if it was built with taxpayers money?
    I would think that’s the only thing they get to use. Lol

The truth is out there

16. Morgotha

That was supposed to be a joke, meaning he figures that he'll win the next election, so will get to use the dock himself anyway as "the next president".

I didn't know Jr. wanted the taxpayer to BUILD the dock, I thought he just wanted to use Trump's influence to rubber stamp the permits to let it be built. I'd absolutely oppose spending taxpayer money on the dock. LOL, of course I ALSO oppose giving them a permit as it gives the appearance of applying undue influence as president, even if that's not the case.

17. Sharpie61

Mine was a joke too. That’s why I posted a winky face

From what I read, and from what I have seen when I traveled past, the residents have docks. Donald could have a dock, but then would have to declare the property as residential, and he doesn’t want that.

The truth is out there

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sharpie61

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Apparently some folks do, otherwise they wouldn’t be trying to prevent it from happening

The truth is out there