Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

2. Sharpie61

3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And modesty too.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Someone on the internet came up with the idea to sign up for the Trump rally and then not go. The original post kept getting forwarded and finally went viral. So maybe that is why the Trump people expected so many more attendees than they actually got.

And then, when the organizers started bragging about how Woodstockian big it was going to be, maybe that made real supporters think, Oh, no, not in that heat with this virus--I'm not going.

The grandma who came up with the idea thinks maybe from now on our youth will always show up in force to sign up to attend a Trump rally and then not go. No one will ever be able to properly plan for these events again. lol but also yikes

5. Biffster

That would certainly serve Trump and his followers right. At 6200, they had less than a third of the capacity of the place apparently.

6. Lindigo

I eyeballed it at half full, but I don't know. You would be right if there are a lot more seats in the upper tiers because of how the arena flares out.

If they had tried to spread out in family or friend groups with circles of 6 feet distance all around each group, maybe they would have filled it up and looked responsible besides.

I'm curious to see if the turnout number is the same in Arizona. And even if it is the same, I won't know what to conclude, because of the virus.

I long to think people have wised up, but I know I have to be vigilant not to be suckered by what I most wish.

7. Sharpie61

Right now, AZ is a hotbed for the virus. And Maricopa county has a mandatory mask in place. I wonder if Donald and gang will actually follow the rules.

The truth is out there

8. Lindigo

He won't. His people probably prefer the possibility of getting sick over the certainty of putting him into a rage.

I'm so glad Maricopa County got the mask rule in place ahead of time. It will help the people who want to wear a mask to draw on that rule for the strength they will need to resist the pressure of the group.

Maybe Maricopas's action will stiffen other counties to enact a mandatory mask rules before he moves on to them.

It's like I'm watching a horror movie and yelling, Don't go into the basement! except that my new wail is, Wear a mask you dang fool!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Biffster

The thing about Trump is he doesn’t believe this virus is actually real. He has referred to many times as the “invisible enemy.” He thinks it can be defeated by sheer willpower and dammit, no one’s going to make him wear a mask if he doesn’t want to. He’s like the pied piper, leading his followers right off the edge of the cliff.

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

He didn't really agree to leave, he wasn't left with a choice in the matter as I understand it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morgotha

As I understand it, these attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President, so Barr had Trump sign something relieving him of his duties. Whether Trump instigated the whole thing or Barr did, who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You're killing me. LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Lindigo

Well, Barr doesn't have the authority to fire him. Trump is saying he didn't fire him. I was really hoping Berman would say, Hey, Barr. You were wrong when you said I resigned. Apparently you are just as wrong when you claim Trump fired me. That changes things up. I'm staying.

:)

14. Lindigo

The attorneys that serve at the pleasure of the president are the ones who are approved by Congress, which Berman never was. Trump picked him but never had him approved by Congress, so the Chief Judge of that district finally appointed him. It was just riveting.

15. Morgotha

I thought Trump said that basically it wasn't his *idea* to fire him, that he (Trump) was just doing what Barr requested by firing him, but that he DID in fact sign the sheet to fire him. Is that wrong?

16. Lindigo

I think Barr did say that. I don't know about whether Trump signed anything. I think Barr just relayed what Trump supposedly had done/said, but under Barr's own signature.

The other thing was, there was no consensus on whether even Trump had the authority to fire someone in the district court who was appointed by the Chief Judge. Really, everyone was hopping, trying to look up the possible arguments pro and con. Everyone had hit the books. The attorney commentators were getting buzzed on their phones about U.S. Statutes and case law. There was one case law that suggested Trump did have the authority, but the circumstances were so different, no one was sure if it pertained to this set of circumstances.

The statute Berman relied upon said flatly that someone appointed temporarily held the position UNTIL a permanent appointment of someone was made by Congress.

Preed Bahara (not sure about spelling--he was the second person in that position) said, If you are a client paying me for my expert legal opinion, my answer to you has to be that I need more time.

17. Morgotha

I don't know anything about the legal system, but as a layman's perspective, if you aren't an elected official (who is hired directly by the People), someone appointed you to your position. That means someone can *fire* you as well. Only the Supreme Court is given their job for life, so this guy should be fire-able by someone above him in the .gov.

And that attorney sounds like a real scammer if he meant no one could fire him *until* a permanent appointment was made. For example, did he think he could show up drunk every day and still keep his job because there wasn't a permanent appointment yet?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lindigo

No, no, of course he can be fired. The legal reasoning is that the hiring authority is also the firing authority, so that would be the chief judge of the circuit. But no one was sure if Trump might also have firing authority because the normal appointment process was never followed, whereby Trump would unquestionably have had that firing authority.

People were teasing: Hey, Preet, deja vu all over again, right? And he said, Well, yes and no. I was definitely fired by Trump and Trump had the authority to fire me. But here we don't know what is going on because the norms are not in place.

19. Sharpie61

When you melt into your collar from sweating
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Donald ranted once again on twitter about vote by mail. And yet....
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 2