Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Protesters are being chased away from the WH area and reporters are for the first time during the Trump administration being denied access to the WH.

The protesters have graffiti-ed a statue of Andrew Jackson, Trump's favorite prez, and were trying to topple it over.

I wish Jupiter or Neptune or whatever would move out of psycho.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

They should have *arrested* the vandals, not just chased them away.

3. Morgotha

Apparently some agitators tried to set up a police-free autonomous zone in D.C., and Trump had them cleared out. Good job, Trump.

"
    President Trump vowed Tuesday that what happened in Seattle will not take place in the nation's capital, and that no such "autonomous" zone" will be established in D.C. after protesters who attempted to set up such a space were cleared out the night before.

Demonstrators on Monday had blocked off an area that they called the "Black House Autonomous Zone," or "BHAZ.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-vows-no-autonomous-zone-in-dc-after-protesters-cleared

4. Lindigo

I hate vandalism, too, but I think that would have been difficult in that particular situation given the number of vandals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Morgotha

Good or bad, that's our history and for that matter our property they are destroying. The longer a resistance is allowed to continue, the stronger it will get.

Now A Black Lives Matter activist is saying that images of *Jesus* have to come down as He represents white supremacy. These people seem more like they want a full on revolution than an improvement in society. I guess when the shooting starts I hope I'll be at home and not in downtown Chicago.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/22/shaun-king-says-jesus-images-a-form-of-white-supre/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm starting to feel like NONE of this is about righting wrongs, settling the score on injustice, racism, inequality, etc, etc.

This is not an organic uprising of the oppressed and downtrodden. This is an organized movement that is well funded and rooted in political activism.

BLM is literally getting millions of dollars from people who have good intentions to help even the playing field for black people.

Is BLM using that money to send black kids to college? Is BLM using that money to help struggling black-owned businesses from COVID or these riots? Are they helping lift black lives out of poverty with these millions of dollars? Are they using this money to improve communities? The answer is mostly no. 92% of the money being donate to BLM, is being used to fund the political campaigns for people running in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

They are also becoming more and more connected with Antifa, which imo, are domestic terrorists.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lindigo

Every idiotic thing that can be said eventually will be said by at least one person. Given the reach of technology, it's maddening to wind up enduring every insufferable idiot on the planet.

But you can't make the jump from one particular idiot to "these people."

So, taking the idiot first, if religious imagery of human beings were forbidden, we would be following one of the rules of Islam. That's why we see beautiful buildings adorned with lovely calligraphy instead in the Muslim culture. I don't think there will be a groundswell in the Christian culture to adopt that ban of humans being portrayed in art, though, so I'm not going to worry about it. I just roll my eyes. Another day, another idiot.

As for "these people," our people and people across the entire globe have banded together to protest a vicious out-of-control American police culture that expects to get away with killing people on the street. I support that revolution. I hope to god change comes.

For people of the south, the vicious police culture merges seamlessly into the general malicious white supremacy that has persisted in the south from our founding. I support the revolution against white supremacy. I support removal of statues idealizing the Civil War generals and their core contempt for life, liberty, and freedom for all.

I'm fine with Civil War statues being removed to a museum park, or, as I've said before, removal to the outback of Australia where they can provide shade for scorpions. But the statues have not been relocated and white supremacists have no will to relocate them. So down they are coming.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. Morgotha

I think we have a fundamental difference of opinion then, and there's nothing wrong with that. We can both live our lives believing what we want. That's how it's supposed to work in America.

Today we have people who don't like something tearing it down, and you're o.k. with that. I'm not. I think that's UN-American. A lot of people disagree with Abortion, for example. They've been complaining for almost 50 years about it, but the procedure continues. In your new America, do they now have the right to go blow up abortion clinics (down they come)? Would you be o.k. with that as well?

Our country is made up of diverse groups of people with diverse beliefs. If you give the o.k. to go destroy anything anyone disagrees with, this country is going to be a wreck.

LOL, one thing I find particularly offensive is those electric billboards they're putting up. They are light pollution and distracting to drivers, so both bad for the environment and dangerous. Maybe I should do my part for America and go take a couple of them down.... It would make me feel good, at least.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morgotha

Flynn might be a free man.

"
    CNN)A federal appeals court on Wednesday ordered Judge Emmet Sullivan to dismiss the case against former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn, a possible conclusion to a long-running political fight.
    Despite Flynn twice pleading guilty for lying to the FBI about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the presidential transition, the Justice Department moved last month to dismiss the case against him. Sullivan did not immediately act, instead asking for a review of the decision"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/politics/michael-flynn-dismiss/index.html

10. Lindigo

Your wild generalizations and idiotic assertions are disgusting. Luckily for me, when you are being the idiot of the day, I can put you on Ignore.

11. Morgotha

Please. People just defaced a WWII memorial honoring our fallen soldiers. Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that our war dead were racists? These people aren't fighting to right wrongs, they're just destructive a-holes.

#30691 Morgotha, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Morgotha

Hey, @Lindigo, here are some more of your people trying to stop racism:

"
    MADISON - Fury exploded outside the Wisconsin State Capitol on Tuesday night as protesters smashed windows at the statehouse, attacked a state senator, and tore down two iconic statues — including one of an abolitionist who died trying to end slavery during the Civil War.

During the melee late Tuesday, Democratic state Sen. Tim Carpenter was assaulted after taking a photo of protesters.

"I don't know what happened ... all I did was stop and take a picture ... and the next thing I'm getting five-six punches, getting kicked in the head," Carpenter told a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter following the assault. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...e-as-fury-erupts-again/ar-BB15TG8R?li=BBnb7Kz

• Like Like x 1
  13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yes, actually I think you should join a group who might be interested in tearing down those electric bill boards. You’d be doing everybody a favor, lol. Wear a disguise while about your business though, lol JK, kinda, lol. Sorry, the whole idea of you doing that cracks me up, lol.

There should never have been statues erected honoring confederate soldiers in the first place, IMO. How long has that animosity been seething among people of color and others for that matter? They became a convenient catalyst to start what seems now like a never ending purge.

I don’t know. Maybe we have too many statues of people in this country. When I was in Europe, I don’t remember seeing any, not that they weren’t there somewhere, I suppose. At least where I was. Europe has a long history. Rulers have come and gone, as well as military generals etc. How foolish, unless they were very important. OTOH, we’re a very young country comparatively, and we seemed obsessed with honoring our leaders by carving their likenesses and plopping them everywhere. Handy to topple them if you’re looking to make a dramatic statement.

Perhaps we should start to honor people we think are important by commemorative plaques. Stand alones or mounted into pieces of granite or a natural rock. Wouldn’t have the same pizazz now would it to go after them. Or maybe we should go with architectural monuments like the Arc de Triomphe. You’d have to have skilled people to blow that sucker up. Not something a small crowd would be able to accomplish in the heat of a protest. Keep the statues in Washington, DC.

Dunno. Just some thoughts.

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Morgotha

On the billboards, I know, right? Those things are awful, and always as bright as they can be. If I wanted to be in Vegas, I'd go there. :mad: And there's an upside to be a ninja-vandal -- what a good excuse to wear a catsuit, lol! :D

On the confederate soldiers' statues, I'm sure there was a lot of grieving on both sides after the war, so the memorials *for soldiers* of any side seem appropriate to me. On the Robert E. Lee, etc. statues, it seems like a lot of them were made 40 years or so after the war when enough time had passed for people to feel nostalgic and not acutely in pain. The South had *lost* the war. There was nothing they could do about their position in the country, so they did something symbolic and made a statement with a statue. In a way, you could use the same rationale for the current riots. A group of people feel marginalized and don't feel they have any way to rectify that and so are making a statement with violence.

Why do we have so many statues? Who knows? Maybe because they don't cost so much as to have been out of the reach of "normal" groups of people to erect? Unless someone is REALLY famous though, after a few generations they lose their impact. Not to display my own ignorance too much, but on some of these statues people were destroying, I said to myself, "who???"

16. Morgotha

17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

One possible explanation for Europe's lack of statues, is that it was a war-torn continent for the better part of 150 years. Maybe if Napoleon's conquests, WWI, WWII, and other smaller conflicts hadn't ravaged the lands of Europe, then maybe people would have erected statues of various historical figures. Or maybe not. I'm obviously speculating.

The practice of erecting statues isn't uniquely American, but we do have an abundance of them..... at least we used to. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Cat suit? No, no no. I envisioned a full face mask, hat and cape.
    Do you have any nifty ninja knife skills? LOL

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Morgotha

No cat suit? No Emma Peel fantasies at all? All I can say is that when I decide to go eco-vigilante I'm not going to do it looking like the Phantom of the Opera, LOL!

And I wasn't planning on using my undoubtably excellent, if untested, ninja skills on billboards, they were just to get *to* the billboard. The billboard is going to receive something more like "Hammer time".

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Morgotha

An immigration victory for Trump from SCOTUS. Another interesting side note here, the person that brought the case was a *Sri Lankan* illegal alien who was caught at our Southern border and not a Mexican or Central/South American one. That gives a bit more credence IMO to claims that there ARE people from other parts of the world trying to sneak across the Mexican border.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/su...n-win-on-deportation-power-for-asylum-seekers