Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Counterpoint:

Fireworks shows had been held at the memorial between 1998 and 2009, until U.S. Geological Survey scientists determined the activities left high levels of a toxic chemical called perchlorate in drinking water used by the 3 million people who visit the memorial annually.

Agency analyses, including a December 2017 presentation obtained by The Post, suggest that resuming fireworks could pollute local drinking water supplies, pose possible safety risks and potentially damage the monument itself.

The 2017 presentation noted that the memorial is accessed by a single two-lane road, constraining entrance and access to the grounds.

Schreier said she was particularly concerned whether visitors would be able to leave quickly enough in an emergency, especially because so many people without entrance passes might end up parking on the side of the road to watch the display. “These are winding roadways, and if people are not familiar with Black Hills of South Dakota, it can be very challenging,” she said.

While the 2017 Park Service briefing said the agency “could find no direct evidence or link between ignition of fireworks and cracking of the sculpture,” Schreier said her staff identified scorch marks on the memorial as well as some plastic remains from the fireworks’ casings.

“I actually saw a piece of plastic from fireworks embedded in the granite,” she said. “That is something that will forever be ingrained in my mind.”

Former South Dakota governor Dennis Daugaard (R) asked the Park Service to resume fireworks at the memorial in 2017, but the idea stalled after agency officials raised objections to the plan. Noem then asked Trump about the idea shortly after she took office in 2019. The Interior Department reached an agreement with the governor in May 2019 to resume annual pyrotechnics at the memorial, though last year’s event was put off because of a rehabilitation project on the site.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/06/24/trump-mount-rushmore-fireworks/

I never expected you to vote for Biden, but implying that you couldn't vote for Biden because of a single tweet, deleted within an hour (https://disrn.com/news/democratic-party-targets-mount-rushmore-july-4-in-deleted-tweet), from the DNC's account (not even Biden himself), is somewhere between hilarious and idiotic.

I would watch those fireworks! Sounds like it will be beautiful. I hope it goes well. The part in the FOX story about 125 thousand people having applied to show up makes me giggle. Oh, those teenager scamps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

If the DNC said, "Look, you shouldn't hold the fireworks show there because the venue is unsafe and the chemicals may be polluting the drinking water, I'd be fine with that. That actually makes sense unlike the "white superiority" thing.

Oh, and I'm not saying this tweet would change my vote, but it DID kind of crystallize my view of what the Democrats stand for today. Hate America as we were, Hate America as we are, See nothing but gloom and doom for the future. No thanks!

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I see it more as hate the bad things that were and change it to something better. If the last four years is any indication of what the Republican Party stands for as well as “conservatives” I’m proud to say I’m not of their ilk. Color me blue!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lindigo

(1) No. That is not what the Democrats stand for.
    (2) The deleted white superiority tweet was by one ditz.

Yes, the counterpoint doesn't mention white superiority--because that isn't an issue to anyone but the ditz tweeter.

lol

Lordy. If you go for Biden, 2020 really couldn't surprise me anymore. lol

6. purriwinkle

7. Morgotha

It would be nice if it was "hate the bad things and change them to something better", but that's not what I see. I see a lot of the hate - I don't see the "change for the better" part.

LOL, actually the Red and Blue colors make sense. The Dems are blue because they are depressed all the time, and Conservatives are red because they're angry about what the Dems are doing to the country.;)

8. Morgotha

1. If the Dems are NOT the party of hate, what positive things are they striving towards?

2. Does that "one ditz" still have a job? When someone on the right says something stupid, they become unemployed, immediately. Someone on the left? People look the other way. LOL, the epitome of this is Gov. Northam. I mean the guy literally posed in blackface with a klansman next to him and he's STILL the Governor of Virginia! If that doesn't shout about what the dems really stand for and what they don't, I don't know what does.

IOW, if the Dems don't want to fire this person, or others like them, it shows that they don't REALLY object to what they are saying.

9. purriwinkle

Nice try but I’m optimistic, not depressed, and I can assure you that we have enough anger over what has occurred over the last fours years. Need I remind you that a blue flame burns hotter than a red one. Blue can also express happiness. Just ask Frank, lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Morgotha

Please. The anger was there BEFORE the last four years!

A "blue flame" is what kids call lighting a fart on fire, and you're right, that's a pretty good summary of Democratic policies.

And I'm not much of a Sinatra fan, really. I know:eek::eek:

I like Willie Nelson's version though.

#30730 Morgotha, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. purriwinkle

I thought many things were finally going in a good direction. The hate came from the right who couldn’t stand the idea of progression. At least the prez didn’t make me cringe every possible minute of the day.

A fart on fire. Kids are so cute, lol. Science not withstanding, lol.

Not a fan of ole Blue Eyes? Tsk, but I like Willie too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Morgotha

Here's a fun video. This woman's response to adversity is wonderful (you have to watch a bit to see what I mean).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lindigo

Too bad. I'm on to you. I still think you are a paid Russian plant, saying dumb things to attempt to create turmoil. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Morgotha

Do you know of some Russians who would actually PAY me to speak my mind? If so, please have those kind and benevolent Russians contact me.;) Every little bit helps, and I"m down with sponsorship, I'll even wear a little emblem on my sneakers!:):):)

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Lindigo

@purriwinkle, I meant to link you yesterday to Tony's Duets albums so you could hear Put on a Happy Face in full without interruption. All of the songs are wonderful. I have the CD. Somewhere. Stupid messy house. lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. purriwinkle

Please do. I’d enjoy that.

17. Lindigo

Aww. I scrolled through the playlist and some of them have been copyright blocked. But here's a bunch. There's the original Duets and Duets II. You might have to click on the youtube emblem to get to the list of what songs will play (and to skip any if you should wish to)--I'm not sure if the whole play list will play from here. Oh, I think it works here. Second song just came up for me.

Nope. Click on the word youtube in the bottom line.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lindigo

Oh, shoot, that didn't work either.

Copy and paste this into the youtube search line:

full play list tony bennett duets and duets II

19. Morgotha

The U.S., Canada, and Mexico have entered in to an energy agreement to bolster our energy independence. A good thing.

"
    "There is no intent to replicate that [OPEC] structure here in North America," a DOE spokesperson told FOX Business. "We do, however, continue to strongly support the trilateral U.S.-Mexico-Canada energy relationship, which is critical to North American energy security."

USMCA allows the countries to craft a more trusting relationship on energy, according to Christian. Together, they conducted $1.2 trillion worth of commerce last year and the petroleum, natural gas and mineral sector was the third-largest source of trade, accounting for 14 percent of the total.

The U.S., already the world’s largest energy producer, pumped out 12.23 million barrels per day in 2019 and is on track to become the No. 1 exporter over the next few years. A 2016 oil discovery in the Permian Basin located in West Texas and New Mexico found an estimated 230 billion barrels of oil and trillions of cubic feet of natural gas. The discovery increases total U.S. reserves by almost nine times.

Currently, there are four liquefied natural gas terminals under construction in Texas alone, and they will soon be ready to make shipments to Mexico, China and Europe."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/usmca-north-american-energy-powerhouse-rivals-opec

20. Morgotha

More Chinese hijinx.

"
    Federal customs officers in Newark, N.J., seized a huge shipment of products that officials suspect were made with human hair as part of an effort to crack down on forced labor in China, Fox News has learned.

The U.S. government is analyzing the cargo to confirm its origin. But U.S. officials said they intercepted part of a 13-ton shipment – including products like hair extensions and wigs – that potentially was produced by forced prison and child labor in the region of Xinjiang.

If this highly suspicious, 13-ton shipment of human hair indeed turns out to be linked to the Uyghur concentration camps, then this is a new low – even for the Chinese Communist Party – and they will have to answer to the world community for their actions,” said John Ullyot, spokesman for the National Security Council."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/feds-seize-tons-of-products-from-suspected-forced-labor-in-china