Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

The only thing is that these businesses have lots of employees, I assume, that needed to be kept afloat, but the articles cited don’t get into the particulars of where the loan money was spent.

Having said that, I don’t think these big companies were the intended recipients. If they had the resources, and I’m sure they did, they should have dipped into their own funds and not take money out of the hands of the truly small business owners who were hurt by close downs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. purriwinkle

Nothing about the Kushner family businesses and the other well heeled companies that dipped into the PPP pot?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Morgotha

It's no surprise to me that Trump and his buddies are stealing from the country, it IS a surprise that people who say they hate Trump more than anything overlook that hatred when it comes to taking money from the taxpayer.

5. purriwinkle

I guess greed is color blind.....blue, red, white, black, etc.etc. Some people, it would seem cannot resist a “free” handout, even if they don’t really need it. Sad.

6. Morgotha

I became biased right after the stimulus bill passed and *the L.A. Lakers* collected some big payout. LOL, of all the organizations I don't think really NEED the money, the Lakers taking money meant to help small businesses? They were shamed in to giving it back, of course, but it showed the whole thing was being misused by the rich.

Well, that and the payout to the airlines. That bothered me as well.

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

A church in Texas got 5 million.

The truth is out there

8. Sharpie61

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

CNN has an advance copy of the book by Trump's niece. I was expecting more precision since she is a psychologist. She says, for example, that he has been institutionalized all of his life, when what she means is he has been insulated by his wealth from life's usual knocks and bumps.

She said he paid someone to take his SATs. I don't doubt it, but we already know how stupid he has always been, so, yawn. It would be fun if she had info on the report cards he frantically hid with threats to the school, but I don't expect a niece to have such granular info.

I don't think there is anything here that will influence his lemmings.

She detests him as much as any knowledgeable person would, and she fears his access to power, again, as all sensible people do.

I would be interested in the family dynamics, but only mildly since we already know the basics of that, too.

#30769 Lindigo, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Lindigo

Started my day with a good laugh. LOL :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lindigo

13. Lindigo

Noam Chomsky: Trump Is the Worst Criminal in History

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lindigo

Michael Cohen is back in prison. No reporting yet on how he broke requirements of parole.

I can't help it--I feel sorry for someone who can't figure out how to move heaven and earth to avoid going back to prison. Maybe it was something so awful that I will stop feeling sorry for him, but right now I just feel sorry for him.

15. Sharpie61

Donald is freaking out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Could be because SCOTUS ruled that the NY court can have his tax returns. BAM!!!

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Lindigo

HOLY MOLEY. A U.S. DISTRICT JUDGE has brought suit over what Barr did. I didn't even know they could do that.

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan, through his counsel Beth Wilkinson, has asked for U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to rehear his case against the immediate dismissal of the Michael Flynn prosecution.

The Thursday petition for rehearing comes after a three-judge panel on the D.C. Circuit granted Flynn’s petition for writ a mandamus on June 24, directing Sullivan to dismiss the case.

“The panel majority granted the extraordinary writ of mandamus to prevent the district court from receiving adversarial briefing and argument on a pending motion. The opinion is couched as a fact-bound ruling based on ‘the record before the district court,'” the Sullivan petition for rehearing began. “It in fact marks a dramatic break from precedent that threatens the orderly administration of justice.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...e-against-immediate-dismissal-of-prosecution/

17. Lindigo

Hmm. I think he will appeal it up to SCOTUS, where Barr can't touch it.

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

For the 1/100th time...I didn’t know you count times in small fractions like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Lindigo

New York City started painting a Black Lives Matter mural Thursday on Fifth Avenue in front of Trump Tower.

Local television network WPIX reported the block of the street would be closed to cars until Sunday.

Mayor Bill De Blasio took part in the painting, posting a photo on Twitter of himself surrounded by people painting the yellow letters on the street.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...es-matter-mural-front-trump-tower/5404111002/

The planned mural had provoked the ire of President Donald Trump, who slammed the mural on Twitter earlier this month as "denigrating" the street, antagonizing the city's police, and creating a "symbol of hate" on "New York's finest street."

(It wasn't a mural. It was the words: Black Lives Matter.)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lindigo

So what did idiot Michael Cohen do to cause his stay-at-home parole to be revoked? He went out to dinner. :rolleyes:

Of Cohen's recent dinner outing, Davis said that Cohen did not believe it had violated any condition of his release.

"He was never told that it was a violation," Davis said.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1