Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Plus impeachment would forever bar him from running for any federal office again. It also prevents him from pardoning himself or others.

And it doesn't matter if he is out of office or not, allowing him to commit treason with no consequence simply because he ran out the clock is ridiculous. Impeachment should just be the first of many consequences.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's a good point, if he wants to pardon himself or others he should do it *right now*.

3. Morgotha

LOL! Biden is trying to avoid answering on whether or not he thinks impeachment is a good idea. There we go, *that* is the type of leadership this country has been missing.

"
    When asked whether he supported bringing articles of impeachment, or invoking the 25th, which both House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., have called for, Biden said it was up to Congress to decide.

"I’m focused on the virus, the vaccine and economic growth. What Congress decides to do is for them to decide," Biden said. "We’re going to do our job and the Congress can decide how to proceed with theirs."

He added: "That's a decision for the Congress to make. I am focused on my job.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-trump-impeachment-dodge-house-democrats

4. Morgotha

The opening scene of the new Trump drama has begun:

The first part being the attempted resolution to get Pence to do Pelosi's dirty work:

"WASHINGTON – Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., on Monday blocked Democrats from bringing up a resolution to urge Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office.

Under House rules, it took only one lawmaker to block immediate consideration of the resolution aimed at pressuring Republicans to take power away from Trump.

Democrats can now bring it up for a vote on Tuesday."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ment-bill-forcing-vote/ar-BB1cEm20?li=BBnb7Kz

and the second part being the start of a new impeachment trial: :rolleyes:

"House Democrats have formally introduced one article of impeachment against President Donald Trump, charging him with "incitement of insurrection" following last year's attempted coup on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

The resolution was introduced Monday morning, as the House opened for legislative business, and is expected to be voted on later this week.

The full document, obtained by CNN, cites the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which states that any person who has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against" the United States be barred from holding office.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...tement-of-insurrection/ar-BB1cEGJe?li=BBnb7Kz

#31864 Morgotha, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I really doubt that you have any facts whatsoever about how much he's cost taxpayers. Even if you did, you've fabricated so many false narratives about Trump, that I still wouldn't believe you. lol. And the irony here is that he's done plenty of legitimately ridiculous stuff that you really didn't need to fabricate any stories about him at all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Nice to see you can remain so objective. For a moderator.

8. Morgotha

A moderator needs to act objectively. Their opinions are just that: Their opinions.

As far as their opinions go, sometimes they agree with me, and some times they are wrong. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I was reading some articles over the weekend about how it’s being debated in legal circles over whether or not he can actually do that. Here’s one:

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/09/955087860/can-trump-pardon-himself

10. purriwinkle

Are you kidding me? That’s actually being smart politically to not get himself enmeshed with this ongoing impeachment by congress. I’d do the same if I was him.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

From what many legal scholars have said, a self pardon by Trump (or any president) would almost certainly result in being immediately charged because they would want to test the legality of doing it.

Also that many thought the rule that you cannot preside as a judge over your own case would prevent self pardons, so that's a case he's likely to lose.

However, Trump is a moron, so who knows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. purriwinkle

I’d beg to differ on how much Trump has cost the tax payer being a false narrative as if it’s somehow speculative. It’s actually traceable and not up to opinion, from how many times he golfed to how much it cost to pay secret service, what was spent at his resorts, what was the cost every time he took Air Force One out for a spin, etc. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised someone, somewhere has been keeping a tally besides gov. accountants.

Then there’s the amount of money he bilked from gullible American citizens to his fund that was supposedly meant to help him “stop the steal” but went into a much more “dubious” fund that he could tap for anything. It’s been reported as to how much people sent him.

13. purriwinkle

I don’t think Pelosi has to “get” Pence to do her dirty work. I’ve read that after being his faithful lapdog for four years, Pence was furious after the treatment he received from the President because he wouldn’t act outside the constitution by trying to throw out electors and for what happened Wednesday.

I also read he’s not too happy about Trump not denouncing the mob who have been chanting about harming the Vice President.
    If I was Pence I might want to see him removed as fast as possible. Just saying.

However, if Trump were removed and Pence became President, HE might pardon Trump ala Nixon and Ford so maybe not a good idea but let’s see how this is gonna play out. I believe we have entered uncharted historical territory.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Morgotha

As my uninformed personal opinion, if he tries to pardon *himself*, the Supreme Court should take it up as a case as to whether or not this is within his legal powers. No one should be able to wipe their own slate clean.

15. Morgotha

Well... I agree that from his personal perspective it probably seems better to not be involved. OTOH, from a *policy* perspective I think it will be a disaster for his administration if he keeps silent and lets the loons run the show. Almost half the country voted for Trump, and they aren't likely to see the persecution of him days before his term is over as a good thing. In order to pass meaningful legislation, he really *needs* to get Republicans on his side. Making a statement now could go a long way in that direction.

Before only the left wing tended to riot at the drop of a hat, with the capitol thing, though? We may be witnessing the birth of violent activist right wing groups (like a blm and antifa of the right). If so, they could cause trouble Biden doesn't need throughout his term. Making sure everyone knows that he's not going to lift a finger unless it benefits him personally won't send the right type of message.

16. Morgotha

How much Trump has cost the taxpayer is irrelevant to whether or not removing Trump from office at this point makes financial sense though, isn't it?

17. Morgotha

The Ford/Nixon analogy is a good one. Maybe the best thing for the country *would* be for Trump to be removed and for Pence to pardon him in full. I'd buy in to that over having another decade of "get Trump" being front page news every day.

18. purriwinkle

Oh, I agree that his tendency to waste money is not what this should be about.

19. Morgotha

LOL, I wonder if Pelosi has really thought this whole "let's article 25 him" thing through. I mean, if you say he's mentally incompetent and must be removed from his position because of this, doesn't that also free him from any responsibility for any "crimes" he may have committed? After all, if he's not responsible, he's not responsible.

20. purriwinkle

As far as the “birth” of violent right wing activists go, that bell has already been rung. They’ve been there for some time but only now with the president’s support have they come out of the shadows and not just on Wed. Ask Gov. Whitmore about that for instance.

Like Antifa, this “MAGA” movement (for want of a better term), is not centrally organized but are a number of different groups with similar objectives. With the killing of a fellow officer, police forces/organizations may not be so accommodating going forth. The FBI is rounding up all those they can identify as ring leaders, etc. I doubt however that any extremist group either right or left can be fully suppressed.

I believe I read that Biden already voiced he wasn’t for impeachment but to become any further involved when he hasn’t even taken office yet is fool hardy and really not appropriate.

#31880 purriwinkle, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1