Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't know about the mask, I just read his comments afterwards.

2. Morgotha

CNN. You know, as much as I like to vent about things, I don't really get *offended* very often, but then I read this on-air comment from CNN's Jake Tapper:

""Congressman Brian Mast, a Republican from Florida -- who lost his legs, by the way, fighting for democracy abroad, although I don't know ... about his commitment to it here in the United States," Tapper told a panel before rebutting Mast's comments. "

This man lost both his legs fighting for our country and Tapper has the gall to question his patriotism??? Why hasn't Tapper been fired? Looking at all the people who have lost their jobs for trivial things, how can this guy say something like this -- about a Congressman, no less -- and not have any consequences for his actions?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-jake-tapper-brian-mast-trump-impeachment

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's good, but sad at that the same time that there were only ten. While I disagree with Liz Cheney on many things politically, I respect her as a person and making a stand for our country. The Trump cult is nuts, and she's prominently putting herself and her family's safety on the line. She's what politics should be about, decent people that put aside partisan differences for the good of the country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

First off, no worries about being over run, lol. For some reason a lot of NYers end up retiring in Florida for whatever reason.

This last playoff game was special. The Bills hadn’t won an AFC championship since 1995, I believe, so we had home field advantage. Emotions in the fandom were running high. It’s funny but since you mentioned it, while watching the chaos at the Capitol last week, when I saw Jake Angeli with his body paint and Buffalo headdress, I turned to my husband and said, doesn’t he look like he just came from a Bills tail gate party? Lol.

As for Mr. Frisky (I like that), lol. At his age isolation can be almost as deadly as the virus. While taking precautions such as mask wearing, using hand sanitizer often when we’re out, and staying back from strangers to the extent that we can, his feelings have always been that when his time is up, his time is up. He’s actually very healthy for his age. He walks 1-3 miles every time he takes a walk and he’s not shuffling. He knows he could drop dead at any time now and I secretly think he’d prefer something quick than a lingering deterioration that we watched my mother go through over the course of a few years. At any rate, he’s looking forward to getting vaccinated so he can get back to the silver & fit programs at the gym, lol.

6. purriwinkle

Big surprise. Trump has a reputation for not paying his workers. Giuliani should have known that.

7. purriwinkle

Short memory? Ask Tammy Duckworth about that. Did anyone fire Carlson?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/07/tucker-carlson-tammy-duckworth-patriotism/

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Cuz two wrongs make a right now. lol

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. purriwinkle

Ok then, when they fire Carlson I’ll understand if they go after Tapper.

11. purriwinkle

12. purriwinkle

Read about how capitol police were attacked by, oh gosh, white fascists at the capitol from the officers themselves. Apparently these blue lives didn’t matter.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/politics/police-officers-capitol-riot-hodges-fanone/index.html

“We were getting chemical irritants sprayed. They had pipes and different metal objects, batons, some of which I think they had taken from law enforcement personnel. They had been striking us with those," said Fanone, who added that he wasn't going to be sitting at a desk while an insurrection was happening at the Capitol.
    And then it was just the sheer number of rioters. The force that was coming from that side," he added. "It was difficult to offer any resistance when you're only about 30 guys going up against 15,000."

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Just 5 day to go until the hazmat team hits the White House to disinfect every millimeter of space for President Biden.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Morgotha

15. Morgotha

Why are you labeling them as WHITE fascists? The police didn't say that. Are you claiming this was some sort of "white separatist" movement and not just a bunch of disgruntled conservatives?

For that matter, why call them fascists? While there were definitely some fringe group types there from both the right and left wings committing criminal acts (for which they should be punished), most of the people were peacefully protesting as is their Constitutional right. Are you really calling all the participants of this mostly peaceful protest fascists?

#31935 Morgotha, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  16. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Mostly peaceful?? Have you been drinking? It wasn’t a protest; it was a riot. Anyone who made it to the Capitol building was trespassing. There is normally a process before being admitted to the grounds. And this was not a left/right protest. Why would anyone on the left protest an election they just won? You’re quoting conspiracy theories.

17. Morgotha

I was using the standard set by CNN. Remember the reporter standing in front of burning cars describing a "fiery but mostly peaceful" protest?

[​IMG]

In any event, I've heard there were around 15,000 people in the Capitol protest, and out of that number only a couple hundred went in to the building itself, so... mostly peaceful -- don't you agree?

And why would anyone on the left be there? I don't know. I don't claim to understand them, but some were. For example the Black Hebrew Israelites and this bozo from "Insurgence USA".

[​IMG]

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Mostly peaceful? No. Not all 15,000 entered the building, but they might have if given the chance. Trump invited them according to some of the rioters. If there were any leftists rioters, they should be prosecuted the same as anyone else in my opinion. Seems to me that Trump’s executive order about vandalizing monuments and government property should be 10 years in prison. I hope the authorities follow through on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. purriwinkle

Alright, maybe I should have said “mostly” white. Why would I say that? Let’s see.....

[​IMG]
    White

[​IMG]
    white

[​IMG]
    White, white, white, white.....

[​IMG]
    white, white, white, white, white...

[​IMG]
    white, white, white, one really white o_O, white, white....

[​IMG]
    white, white, white

[​IMG]
    white as far as the eye can see....wait!....over in the corner.......nope.....white

[​IMG]
    LOL

Not going to say there were no people of color involved somewhere, but they hardly made
    a splash in that sea of white

Now let's look at Fascists.....

It seems that the big players now arrested were found to have connections to one of the known facists groups (I include white supremacy groups here) or were big in the Q Anon movement.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/55572805

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/these-...le-for-the-violence-on-capitol-hill-1.5259142

ETC

The other poor shmoes were probably only Kool-aid drinkers but if they participated in over running the capital, they allowed themselves to get involved in a seditious at worse and criminal at best enterprise.

I actually feel sorry for anyone who really believed that the election had been stole, rigged, whatever. That there is a secret pedophile ring working out of the white house, capitol or wherever. and/or any number of other crazy conspiracy theories. I would hope they felt as appalled as the rest of the world to see what "some" of their fellow "protesters" got involved in, especially if they were only disgruntled conservatives.

#31939 purriwinkle, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  20. purriwinkle

Well, this explains a lot......Excerpts

https://time.com/5927848/capitol-protest-activists-trump-arrests-racism/

Whenever my folks go to the Capitol—whenever we are there fighting and using our voice for social justice issues for our communities—we are met with incredible amounts of arrests, tear gas, anything to let us know we are not welcome,” Simpson says. “That is not what we saw on our television screens yesterday. What we saw were people being helped down stairs, we saw people getting selfies taken, a completely different welcoming response.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/...bout-racist-capitol-police-officers-for-years

The agency has been criticized for a lack of transparency for years. Capitol Police communications and documents are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act and, unlike many local law enforcement agencies, it has no external watchdog specifically assigned to investigate and respond to community complaints. The force has not formally addressed the public since the riot last week.