Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The funny part is that while you can acknowledge the bias in right wing media you can't see the bias in left wing media.

2. Morgotha

If *I* was going to try and riot at the capitol, and Hillary was still there, I'd go for her office. If I was willing to spend a whole day traveling beforehand, I'd look up where her office was BEFORE I got there. I guess some people are like that.

Now if you said they were all aiming towards a room where secret documents are kept or something, I'd agree that shows sinister intent, but just wanting to go to Pelosi's office or Schumer's office? That doesn't sound like the work of an evil mastermind to me.

As a example of rioters doing the same, people were caught bringing U-Haul trailers to loot more thoroughly. They *preplanned* that, and didn't go to random stores but hit electronics stores. IOW, it wasn't a spur of the moment look, but planned criminal activity. I'd say the same level of criminal activity existed at the capitol, but that to me doesn't mean the movement overall was an "insurrection" - unless you want to hold the entire social justice movement to the level of its basest criminals as well.

3. Morgotha

If it's any consolation to him, Trump should feel better it wasn't his fault there were left wing riots. The new Seattle police chief says people don't really have an underlying ideology but are jut there to burn and destroy. And he asks for people to be held accountable for their actions! Can you believe that? What a right-wing a-hole, how'd he ever get a job in Seattle? People who feel marginalized have a right to burn and steal other people's property, doesn't he know that? That's why they have insurance!

""Over Wednesday’s events, it doesn’t matter who is in the presidential office, it really is a matter of understanding that people are just out there for destruction," Diaz said, Q13 FOX reported."

""What we saw today was not peaceful," Best said at the time, according to the Seattle Times. "The rioters had no regard for the public’s safety, for officers’ safety or for the businesses and property that they destroyed.""

""When we don’t have any form of accountability for people — and many of them that are coming from outside the city — they will continue to do that destruction, and we can’t have that," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-...r-on-rioters-after-some-crimes-not-prosecuted

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The parliamentarians office that displays the name of the guy who runs it, was not targeted.
    Instead, the insurrectionists went to an unnamed office he usually works out of.
    It’s his office that holds the ballots before counting them.

Not going to say all of the rioters were in on it, but there were a handful that were. And it is why the FBI are focused on a specific group of people who entered the capital. It is why only a few are being charged with conspiracy.
    It is why they are looking at security footage of those “tour groups”.

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Planning in itself isn’t the difference. WHAT they were planning is the difference. You just made my distinction for me. The rioters during Blm protests brought Uhauls because there intent was to steal more stuff. Tv’s, groceries and other things that they either wanted or could sell. Capitol rioters researched whose office is where and what the layout was because their intent was to steal politically sensitive material. With the intent of damaging those officials politically and possibly remove them from office because their candidate lost. Breaking and entering into a federal building with the intent of removing elected government officials by stealing government propriety and classified information to sell to foreign enemy governments is not the same as stealing a 4k tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

In other words, stealing is ok as long as it's not sensitive government material and you didn't vote for Trump. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Of course not but they're not exactly equivalent either. The Capitol insurrection borders on treason, not because they broke windows and made off with things that they thought made them look bad ass but because they tried to overthrow the results of a legal election by force causing the congressional body that was in the middle of officially certifying the election results into hiding. For their own safety. In addition, I would go as far as to say that stealing classified information to sell to a foreign government IS a treasonous act.

Trespassing, looting, vandalism, maybe even murder, as a capitol policeman lost his life, are the by product charges that these people are going to have to face. Just as those engaged in similar acts during a BLM protest, who have been arrested will have to face.

To try to equate the two is a typical strawman argument.

8. purriwinkle

Can't win??? Republicans whine and look to enact ways to "even the odds" by restricting voting rights

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/24/republicans-voter-id-laws-461707

Some Republican officials have been blunt about their motivations: They don’t believe they can win unless the rules change. “They don’t have to change all of them, but they’ve got to change the major parts of them so that we at least have a shot at winning,” Alice O’Lenick, a Republican on the Gwinnett County, Ga., board of elections in suburban Atlanta, told the Gwinnett Daily Post last week. She has since resisted calls to resign.

9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

How about choosing someone other than a total twit as the candidate?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. DeadZedHead

No,I i never justified either rioters or supported them. I just keep making a distinction between the two crimes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morgotha

C'mon, man! In the first place, how many people actually SAID their goal was to steal sensitive political information to sell to foreign government agencies? Aside from the one 20 year old who wanted to sell a laptop and figured she'd get the most money from the Russians, any? Or is that just something you made up.

Secondly, do you think Pelosi has a big file in her office that says, "secret political information, eyes only" or something? Even if a rioter intent on stealing documents broke in to Pelosi's office, do you think that information would be lying around for the taking, and not secured in a safe somewhere?

12. Morgotha

They might not be the same from *your* perspective, but I'd bet that if a bunch of rioters broke in to your store where you were hiding and threatened to kill YOU you'd say they were mighty similar.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Morgotha

"Voter ID laws are usually very popular among the general public — a 2018 Pew Research poll found that three-quarters of Americans surveyed supported laws requiring voters to present a photo ID — but activists say they are problematic for several disparate groups of voters."

C'mon, those same elderly and people of color need an i.d. to take money out of the bank, cash a check, drive, etc., but they magically can NOT do so to vote?

14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

15. DeadZedHead

I guess well find out over time. But if “I” was planning a government takeover, I wouldn’t start at 7/11. I would start at a government building. You know, one of the ones where politicians worked and steal information that might be useful towards their end goal. Why would everyone in a “secured building” that has never been overrun by an angry mob hide every scrap of paper every time they left their office. For a person that has spent years saying Actions speak louder than words, their actions should be screaming at you.

16. Morgotha

Oh, they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and no series on the capitol spies/insurrectionists would be complete without showing the three masterminds

[​IMG]

#32096 Morgotha, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I know! I was just ribbing ya! As Uncle Joe would say,, "Come on, man!"

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  19. DeadZedHead

I getcha. I missed a lot of conversations. I don’t know what was covered.
    Ive just had enough of the Malarky

#32099 DeadZedHead, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. purriwinkle

Only if my store was the front for the U.N.C.L.E. Headquarters, lol.

A bunch of “rioters” breaking into any other store, even if they threatened to kill the owners would not be a treasonous act.