Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I heard three from others. Some I’ve used before and the rest I just made up to pad it out. Im surprised this wasn’t made into a thread years ago. He gave us plenty of ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. DeadZedHead

Ya its becoming clearer that backlash from how they handled the summer protests handcuffed the National guard, but they cant blame the pentagon for that. It was reacting to them using excessive force then blaming it on not having clear orders. THIS is ALSO a product of their mishandling of the summer protests.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Chump...His Great Orangeness...Plump...

4. DeadZedHead

The Fabricator
    Don the Spawn
    The hamberduglar
    Donald Julius trump
    The man without a plan

I wish we started this sooner.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

How nice of you to post a pic of my girl. I didn’t make it my resolution this year to post her image every time you mentioned her like in 2020, but if you like seeing her so much I can do so retroactively.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My favorite was Dotard.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Shitgibbon also comes to mind. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. DeadZedHead

Lol.
    The not so great pretender.
    The illiterate idiot
    The man who thinks diet coke is when he makes his rails half as long.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Trust me, there's no need to. She'll return on her own like a bad penny.

10. Morgotha

Rand Paul held a vote yesterday to say that impeaching the now former president was unconstitutional, and 45 Republicans voted for it. Paul then points out that this mean the trial is going to fail, with which I agree.

Again, what a waste of money.

"
    U.S. Sen. Rand Paul declared former President Trump’s Senate impeachment trial "dead on arrival" on Tuesday after 45 Senate Republicans voted against holding the proceeding, viewing it as unconstitutional.

Rand, a Kentucky Republican, had called for a procedural vote regarding holding a trial, claiming the Senate shouldn’t address the article of impeachment against Trump filed by the House this month because Trump is now out of office.

If a trial were to proceed, Trump would become the first former president to face an impeachment trial.

In Paul’s view, the votes of 45 Republicans against holding a trial proved his point – and likely rendered any upcoming trial to be moot.

"If you voted that it was unconstitutional, how in the world would you ever vote to convict somebody for this?" Paul told reporters after the vote, according to Politico. "This vote indicates it’s over. The trial is all over.""

and this part pretty much sums up what's going on:

"
    "One of Bernie Sanders' supporters came to the ballfield, nearly killed Steve Scalise ... but nobody talked about impeaching Bernie Sanders. Maxine Waters has said, 'Get up in their face' -- so has Cory Booker -- 'Become a mob, we want you to mob them at restaurants and cause mayhem.' That sounds like an incitement to violence but nobody's talking about impeaching Maxine Waters, nobody's talking about impeaching Bernie Sanders or Cory Booker for saying 'Get up in their face.'

"So it's a significant hypocrisy and double standard that they're putting forward and they should be called out on it. Nobody should be shy about calling them out on their hypocrisy.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ra...arrival-after-45-gop-senators-vote-against-it

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Rand Paul is an idiot. Because if you believed him, that it was unconstitutional (it isn't, there are very few experts who say it is), you would also have to believe that a President is completely above the law in every possible way. The DoJ has their 'rule' that you can't indict a sitting president, the Supreme court decided that charges after a president leaves office are moot, and if you believed that the trial is unconstitutional once the president leaves office, it would mean there is NO REMEDY for a lawless, corrupt president. Does that sound llike something the framers of the Constitution would have wanted?

Also, the trial is being held while he is out of office, but he was impeached while still President. And there is ample precedent for impeaching once they leave office - there was a guy who resigned back in the 1860s to try to prevent them from trying him, and he FAILED. He was convicted.

Also, the purpose of impeachment is NOT just to remove a person from office, it is also used to prevent them from every holding office again.

Lastly, Republicans are cowards. We've see that over and over. They would prefer to watch the country burn down around them rather than hold Trump responsible in any way, because they want his base to vote for them. And they're going to lose everything because of it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Morgotha

How much evidence and thought went in to this impeachment? It was introduced to the House on Jan 11 and voted on on the 13th, so... 2 days? For Congress to seek a Constitutional remedy? Yeah, that's a sham.

Supreme Court Justice Roberts knows it is too, as he's decided NOT to preside over the trial - although he could have. Instead, the "judge" of the trial will be... a Democratic senator??? That doesn't look very objective, either.

And he won't automatically be withheld from holding office again even if convicted, that is a potential punishment, but not a mandatory one (practically, of course, if the Dems could convict him, they'd vote for this too).

The Repubs are cowards? Please. Unlike their Democratic colleagues who let our cities burn to appease left wing mobs?

"
    Roberts was constitutionally required to preside over the Senate trial last year when Trump stood accused of bribing Ukraine's president to investigate then-candidate Joe Biden ahead of the 2020 election, a charge Trump was ultimately acquitted of by the GOP-held Senate.

That duty was one Roberts appeared to discharge with some reluctance, though, perhaps owing to his preference for insulating himself and fellow justices from the political glare. As one veteran Supreme Court advocate told The Hill at the time, Roberts had figured out how to "look the part" and "play the part," but he did not "want the part."

This time around, Roberts apparently believes the Constitution has let him off the hook.

Since Trump will be a private citizen when he's tried for allegedly inciting the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol, many experts agree that Roberts is under no legal obligation to wield the gavel when proceedings begin the week of Feb. 8.

The Founders made clear that when an impeachment trial concerns a sitting president, "the Chief Justice shall preside." But they did not explicitly prescribe the same role when the high crimes and misdemeanors in question were carried out by a president who has since departed the White House, as Trump did on Jan. 20.

Instead, that duty will fall to Sen. Patrick Leahy (Vt.), the most senior member of the Senate Democratic Conference. The president pro temp was sworn in to preside over the trial on Tuesday.

...According to Schumer, Roberts was offered the job but turned it down."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-trial-isnt-a-surprise/ar-BB1d8lZC?li=BBnb7Kz

13. DeadZedHead

Yes it will fail. Trials should never be about guilt or innocence. Just about whether you have a D or R next to your name.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Morgotha

I hear you, but that's the way it is. If there was a Republican-majority house he wouldn't have been impeached in the first place. At least It's a street that runs both ways.

#32134 Morgotha, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  15. DeadZedHead

I agree we’ve seen it on both sides but for a blink of an eye, we saw how their conscience superseded their party. I think that speaks volumes about the severity of trumps actions and inactions. Party lines were erased for 48 hrs. trump has to be formally condemned for his repeated instigation of a group that TRIED to overthrow the government IN HIS NAME. This cant be allowed to be a mainstream practice. It has to fall back to the horny Jakes and ziptie guys who will always buy into conspiracies and take things too far. Republicans need to go back to conservative but SANE stances. This is not an attack by liberals against conservatives. This an attempt to hold ONE individual responsible for HIS actions. He spent five years telling everyone, on tv and on Twitter, that the only way he could lose is if the election was rigged. Four of those years, he was given the legitimacy of saying it from the Whitehouse. He WARNED everyone that people would riot if he lost. HE used words like revolution and civil war if he didn’t get his way. He lied to his constituents that the election was STOLEN and he PRAISED them when they stormed the Capital in his name. This was not a one off. This was the result of years telling his base to act when the time is right. You can clearly see the dems actions and inactions role in the riots over the summer. It should be even more clear that trump’s role in the Capitol riot is AT LEAST as much as what you are assigning to them. So are the dems responsible for the Blm riots and trump for the Capitol or are neither responsible for actions of people acting in their name?

16. Morgotha

Remember that Trump didn't pretend to be a sane and moderate politician to get elected and then became this raving maniac once in office, he was like this BEFORE he got elected and people voted for him anyway. That's how he became president. If we consider the general public competent to vote and they vote in some nut, we just have to live with it. One could say that by voting for Trump a majority of the votes that matter in 2016 were *already* ready for and voting for a revolution from the government - as least as it has been in the recent past. Just live with it and move on. You had to live with Trump, I'll have to live with Biden.

On the responsibility questions, unfortunately, the answer is the same either way. If the Dems are responsible for the BLM riots, they aren't being held accountable for them. If Trump is responsible for this riot, he shouldn't be held accountable under the same standard. Obviously, if the Dems and Trump are NOT responsible for the actions of their followers they shouldn't be held accountable for their action.

17. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I came to post my Eulogy and say a proper goodbye to this thread. 4 years of sometime intense debating, knowledgeable and often outofyourass comments, opinion pushing, needless arguments & battles, etc. etc. All in the name of "theorangewhomustnotbenamed". This thread has seen more fly by's then Miramar. More political experts then (haha) Washington. And the most undying, unbridled hate towards a Reality TV host then there are contestants on the Bachelor. And now its over. Looking forward to more Walking Dead threads. Wouldn't it be funny to have him guest starring as a zombie?

18. Morgotha

Actually, that would be hilarious! I'd vote for that.:)

19. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Can you imagine? Skinless and boney with JUST the orange hair comb over?? LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeadZedHead

I hear he does his own makeup

• Funny Funny x 1