Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Im sure there are. He bought four years to hide it. Now some very powerful people are available to him that weren’t when he was just a crooked businessman. He entire agenda was transactional. He had his eye on this ball for 4 years. I dont see much of consequence coming of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Those profits are obscene. I thought you weren’t supposed to making a profit from businesses you own while you’re president. Something about putting your ownership in a blind trust or something.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

4. Sharpie61

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

No, see that's where your argument turns to b.s. Trump has submitted his taxes to the IRS every year, and they have plenty of agents to assure his taxes were paid in accordance with the law. If the IRS wanted to charge him with tax evasion, fine. OTOH, if the IRS says he's o.k., but the NY attorney general is of a different political party and wants to use his taxes to find something else to charge him with for political purposes? That's wrong.

6. Morgotha

Yes, yes, and Obama gets "book deals", speeches, etc. and went from being a poor Chicago community organizer to someone who just bought a 12 million dollar house and is said to have a wealth of over 40 million - that's profiting off the presidency as well. It's o.k., though, because: Democrat. Right?

The point being all presidents profit in some way off the office, and their golf trips aren't free to the taxpayer either.

7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

No its ok because he did so AFTER his presidency!! He didn’t made policies that benefitted his businesses that he was still running and collecting a paycheck from DURING his presidency. He didn’t rent out rooms at his 12 million dollar house WHILE he was president. No one is saying ex presidents CAN’T EVER make money. Most presidents make massive amounts of money AAAAFFFFTTTEEERRR they leave the WH. That seems to be the part you keep ignoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Do you have some kind of......agreement with Trump to always defend.....even though you say you don't like him? LOL

9. PepperAnn

Do you really think he did that?

10. PepperAnn

11. Morgotha

The reason big corporations give millions of dollars to ex-presidents is as a payoff for things they've done for them while in office. Practically speaking, they have to: You can't legally give a payoff to a sitting president, but you CAN reward them handsomely the day they're out of office. And btw, a payoff AAAAFFFFTTTTEEERRR someone leaves office is still a payoff. That seems to be the part you don't understand.

12. Morgotha

Yes. He pays me $100 for every defense I've given him. I've actually used my income to date to repaint our rec room and buy a pool table!

LOL, kidding aside, I just don't like how the media has portrayed Trump as the antichrist while every Dem out there is a saint. Trump might be a jerk, but he did some really GOOD things as president. Why can't he get a bit of credit for it?

13. Morgotha

Yes on Trump. His donations are recorded. No on Obama, as while he DID keep his salary, he also contributed significantly to charity from his book sales.

14. Sharpie61

15. Morgotha

Sure, I'd bet he made plenty off his presidency. As opposed to just keeping his income, at least with the money going to his resort a lot of "little people" get some of that as well as Uncle Sam getting some. It'll be interesting to see 10 years from now whether he made noticeably more at the end of the day than other presidents did.

16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

In Trump’s case the issue is not tax evasion since they’re obviously looking at his tax papers that were filed yearly. I understand the issues are things like bank and insurance fraud.

From an ABC news article:

New York District Attorney Cy Vance is investigating whether Trump and the Trump Organization engaged in tax fraud, insurance fraud and other schemes to defraud, including potentially providing false information to financial institutions or banks about the value of certain buildings and assets.

17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That’s purely speculative. Can you back it up with facts?

18. Morgotha

"Investigating". IOW, he's a political opponent with a LOT of financial irons in the fire. We don't know of a specific crime he's committed, but If we keep fishing sooner or later we'll come up with *something* we can call a crime and use against him. Boy, that's "justice".

19. Morgotha

Back what up with facts? The amount of money Obama has now compared with before he was in office? Yes I can. Can I find a CEO willing to say, "yes, I'm committing a felony giving this money to the former president for illegally his using his influence in our favor while he was president"? No, I'm unlikely to find someone publicly making a statement like that, LOL.

I can also say that Congress has investigated Trump's spending at Mar a Largo, etc., and did NOT charge him with breaking the emoluments clause, so... he's done nothing criminal as far as enriching himself in the eyes of the government.

20. Sharpie61