Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yeah, remember that Putin and Xi met in person during the Chinese Olympics, suggesting that they had some sort of agreement regarding Putin's invasion of Ukraine not commencing during the Olympics and taking attention away from China during that time. Who knows, Trump and Putin might actually be friends on a personal level moreso than Xi is, but there's no question that as leaders of their countries Putin and Xi are allies against the West.

2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I read that as well. Putin denies it of course. I don’t trust rumps word on their relationship especially given how he talked about rump publicly. Like everything else rump just declared he was the best at everything. Reality never mattered. I don’t say that just because i hate him. The evidence is overwhelming. He would just declare what he wanted people to believe and many would so he just continued. Putins reaction whenever meeting Xi or the new Saudi prince has always been much more gregarious and relaxed as opposed to don. He seemed pleasant but nowhere near as much as don was towards him and not even close to how he acted around the Saudi prince. They act like old frat buddies. Rumpus would meet Puti and make Russia friendly announcements, then puti would rail rumpus on Russian tv. Even laugh at him and suggest he was in his pocket. rumpo kept saying puti wouldn’t want to disappoint him even when told about comments puti was saying. He would say “No. He never said that”. Its like dude we have a recording in 5k with multiple translators confirming it, including government translators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DeadZedHead

There is an old horror film called In The Mouth of Madness. Its about a writer of horror who had so many followers believe his fiction that it became a religion. Whatever he wrote would come true. trump seems to think this a documentary. Thank god he cant write.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Morgotha

Is the Mouth of Madness a documentary about L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology?o_O

I have a trouble with Sam Neill as an actor, though. Whenever I see him in anything I get snapped back to his character in Jurassic Park.

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I rather liked Don’t Look Up. I don’t know what the critics verdict was but I thought it was a spot on parody of a number of things we were, still are to some degree, dealing with. Now maybe you can substitute Russian nukes for the meteorite.

6. purriwinkle

Huh. I don’t remember that one. Maybe I’ll check it out.

7. purriwinkle

Sam’s role that always comes to mind for me is the clueless dick he played in The Piano.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeadZedHead

Mid nineties. It fits really well. The main theme is that Neil doesn’t believe what’s happening and people keep telling him it doesn’t matter. We do.

9. DeadZedHead

I chuckled a lot through it. Very tongue in cheek.

10. DeadZedHead

Its the third in John Carpenters apocalypse trilogy. The Thing (my favorite movie of all time), Prince of Darkness and this one.

11. Morgotha

I loved The Thing as well, and anything with Wilford Brimley in it has to be good.

Did you ever see his movie "They Live"? That's a fun movie as well.

12. DeadZedHead

Ya another classic

13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

14. DeadZedHead

https://apple.news/AgW5ny0zmTViWy4XhAvrI0w

They asked donnie how he thought the Ukraine war would unfold. He responded “Windmills don’t work” but not before admitting that Putin told him he wanted Ukraine. Which of course would make everything he said about thinking Russia was on a peacekeeping mission BS but did anyone believe that anyway?

15. Morgotha

You and the people who hate Trump are obviously TRYING to miss his point. Trump's point was that by putting the brakes on petroleum and coal production in this country and pushing green energy when we KNOW that green energy is currently unable to meet our nation's energy needs just means that we'll be empowering evil regimes who have oil that we will now need to buy from them.

The secondary point would be that one of the reason's Putin felt so emboldened to take Ukraine is that Biden and people who act like him in other countries have weakened the West.

16. DeadZedHead

You and the Republicans also seem to miss the point. Unless green energy development is invested in, it will never meet our needs. Republicans INSIST on reliance of petroleum which means oil imports are critical to our economy. If we want to cut imports, we need to develop alternatives that don’t routinely cause ecological disasters. If we learned anything in the last two years, its that we can solve problems quickly if enough resources are thrown at it. But that wasn’t rumps point. His point was he should have been given the presidency even though he lost. Which is the point every time he speaks. The secondary point is that rump lied about Putins intentions for years and just admitted that Putin acknowledged wanting Ukraine.

17. Morgotha

What are you talking about? The US leads the way in "green" energy investment followed by Germany and China, and the link I posted was data from 2019, when *Trump* was president.

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/features/top-countries-renewable-energy-investment/

The point is that *everyone in the world* wants to transition to green energy (well, maybe not oil producing nations), but people with sense do NOT want to shut down our refineries and oil wells until we have something ready to take its place. Only the left wing thinks it's a good idea to shut off the oil and just hope that magically something "green" will take its place.

18. DeadZedHead

We are an oil producing nation. Obama set goals for alternative energy and fuel efficiency and air pollution standards. Thats were progress comes from. rump rolled back or eliminated requirements and regulations under the guise of easing the burden on poor businesses affected by them. Really it was just allowing big businesses and oil companies to maximize profits. Why don’t the Republicans want green energy? Because petroleum companies pay them millions. Republicans have been tied to oil lobbyists for as long as i can remember. Nobody suggested shutting oil off, just bolstering it with alternatives. If we had a stronger renewable energy base, the oil crunch wouldn’t hurt us so much. Waiting for the oil to run out before admitting we need a replacement is like waiting until people are dying before admitting covid is a problem. By then its too late.

• Like Like x 1
  19. purriwinkle

High gas prices are simply a matter of supply and demand. Here’s some articles you don’t have to be an economics major to understand. They’re similar articles but slightly different.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/energy/record-gas-price-causes/index.html

https://apple.news/AdjaiKWm0QXuGddqs_Pvkyw

It seems to me that it would be the prudent thing thing to do to invest in alternate energy sources. Sooner than later. You gotta start some where or petroleum will continue to have the world by the balls.

20. Morgotha

Biden DOES want to shut off oil. That's the stated goal of the green energy movement. Ah, well, believe what you want and enjoy your $6/gal gas.