Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Timeline of Eastman's story

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Zalanii, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

we were discussing the timeline of Morgan/Eastman a bit on another thread. It seems more jacked up on the other side of how far behind Rick's group he really was.

2. Backspace

Backspace New Member

They couldn't have done this because it wouldn't have made sense and didn't fit with the purpose of Eastman as a character. Think of the storyline in reverse:

In the current timeline Eastman is dead and Morgan is alone. Morgan is alone because Eastman sacrificed himself (jumped in front of the walker) to save Morgan. Creighton would not have done that.

Also keep in mind Eastman is not an important character for himself, he is only important in the sense that he influences Morgan and promotes Morgan's character development / backstory.

So if the writers choose the way they did, the guy calling himself Eastman is really Eastman. He has no ulterior motive for saving Morgan. He is actually quite similar to Morgan in the sense that he suffered a terrible loss in his family life, became quite violent and nearly mad, and then has managed to recover through his pacifist mentality which helped him recover from PTSD and brings him peace.

If the writers choose the other way, the guy calling himself Eastman is really Creighton. He must be lying for a reason and he must have an ulterior motive for saving Morgan. Presumably because he wants to charm and manipulate Morgan in some way.

The writers did use Creighton in another way though --- Creighton is a foil for the Alpha Wolf, who is not like Eastman or Morgan in the sense that he can't be redeemed and needs to be put down. This plays right into the themes of the current timeline in Alexandria: Morgan can't bring himself to put down people who are clearly evil and that is the difference between him and someone like Rick or Carol who does what has to be done even when it is difficult or involves getting their hands dirty.

3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

No one survives for 47 days without food or water anyway.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He didn't say he didn't give him water. He just said he starved him.

But...

[​IMG]

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The Veebs are more than capable of taking care of themselves. I pity the fools who dare to tangle with them.

*cough* BatmansHooker *cough* DietWater *cough*

6. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

You can't just go around posting this photo all willy nilly, you're going to give me a heart attack.

7. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

But it's so cute to watch them try <3

8. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

In the Art of Peace which Eastman gives to Morgan, two handwritten phrases are underlined. 'Not to kill' and 'the most evil person'. If Eastman learned Aikido before supposedly killing Creighton, it's strange that he just decided to adopt this philosophy after that act. Hard to believe he learned it after he went to the cabin. I take it to mean that Creighton sought to justify his life being spared when everyone else was dying. Also it's unusual that Eastman wore no wedding ring given how attached he was to the kids drawing. The Walker Morgan kills to save Tabitha has a wedding ring on a necklace. Eastman tells Morgan all about how Creighton just kept 'working those plots' and growing things. Strange that there is so much focus in the Ep on Eastman gardening and burying walkers. There will be a reason why this episode was so long.

#69 Billy Pilgrim, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  10. Biffster

Perhaps Eastman is not of sound mind, despite his appearance of peace and balance. And it seems to me that philosophy is not particularly well-suited to the zombie apocalypse in any event. Morgan will live to regret leaving that one lone wolf alone.

11. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I think the wolf may end up killing Judith. He did tell Morgan he had to kill them all even the children.

12. Biffster

I know. That would be a dark twist that would probably alienate a lot of viewers.

13. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

How did this thread get 8 pages of comments? Eastman's story/timeline is a minor part of the WD storyline only serving to explain who converted Moran to stupidism.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

how did I get a notification for this 4 months later?

I don't even know how to give negative rep lol

15. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

But you all realize Creighton killed Eastman's family right?

Wife daughter...gone.

Do you think Aikido would stop him from seeking vengeance? He admittedly lost it... who wouldn't.

And he also clearly felt the justice system was a failure which was why he kidnapped Creighton.

I definitely love the Creighton is Eastman theory.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I loved that backstory period. A lot of people didn't like that episode, I found it very deep and insightful.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I thought that ep was superb.

Loved the acting contrasts between Lennie James and John C Lynch. The seriousness vs comedic presence.

They made a great odd couple lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

John C Lynch has been great in anything I've seen him in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1