Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Timeline question

Discussion in 'Episode 814 - Still Gotta Mean Something' started by offrope, Apr 2, 2018.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

I've read that at the beginning of Season 8 (TWD), we were at Day 610 since the outbreak. FTWD ended Season 3 (at the dam) was on their Day 64. How long did S8 take on TWD, and how can they synch the shows. I'm assuming the helicopter comes into play getting Morgan to the other universe.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

You think it might be a Chopper Time Machine?

I can not picture that at all but this show often makes little sense if it needs to move a plot sideways for sure.

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming a very large time jump on Fear...and i think that was shown in the Fear promos as well.

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think Morgan basically walks there. They are already committed to jumping ahead like 20+ months, a few extra weeks for Morgan to get there wouldn't make much of a difference.

I do think it's funny though, as of 401 on ftwd, the "prequel" show will have actually surpassed the main show.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The official term I think they gave it was a "companion series" not a prequel, but yeah I think basically Morgan arrives on foot. Maybe he takes a car but it breaks down at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 New Member

Personally, I think it would be cool to have the beginning of FTWD be the timejump where Madison/etc meet Morgan on the road, after he's left DC to head southwest following All Out War. And then they spend time basically filling in the gabs of what happened post-damn explosion, either in real-time narrative from that POV or flashback. Eventually leading to a point somewhere in S4 where FTWD's "present" is actually in the present time after All Out War. My main hope is that we just don't lose everything built on FTWD, and we timejump without fully delving into what happened after the Season 3 finale. We shall see!

7. Iris

Iris New Member

I don't know what the timeline is but Rick has been wearing the same pants since season 3, not that I'm complaining too much cause he's so hot but one leg of those pants have been ripped open (when he fought that spike zombie) and undergone much other abuse. Are there no pants available post apocalypse

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, the clothes thing is sort of....odd. I understand these are characters in a story and they ultimately need to have specific styles of dress. A uniform in a way. But clothes should be the easiest supply to find. They live in a world where 9 out of every 10 homes is empty. Clothes, new and used, should be everywhere.

9. tsahi

tsahi Member

More like 499 out of every 500 homes. It looks like there are no more than 1000 people living in the entire state of Virginia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kirkman once stated that zombies outnumber survivors 5000 to one in the comic. So that means, by definition, that less than 1 in 5000 people on earth are still alive in the comic. And since the backdrop of the show mirrors the backdrop of the comics, we can assume a very low number of survivors. Perhaps not quite that low, but low.

I thought it was odd that near the beginning of S3 Rick estimated that only half the population was dead. They had just spent 8 months jumping from empty house to empty house and apparently come across no one. [at least no one was added to the group]. So how in the world did he think "half" was still alive? That would just mean shorter lines at the DMV and you wouldn't have to worry about not finding 2 seats together in the movie theater.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

Regarding the amount of walkers in Virginia or more specifically the northern Virginia, when Rick & Co. arrived on the scene at ASZ, the old hag congresswoman told Rick that there had been a mass evacuation from the DMV (District-Murderland-Virginia) and that was why walkers were thin on the ground.