Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tiptoe through the tulips

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Morgotha, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

This record playing was for me the most unbelievable thing in the whole episode. That song annoys anybody and everybody who has ever heard it. Are you seriously telling me that for two whole years wife abuser Pete didn't smash that thing to bits along with the record player and all of the kid's room in one of his drunken rages a long time ago? I mean, if I was Jessie and heard that playing, I wouldn't have tried to comfort my son, and ask him to turn it off, I would have went in to his room, broke the record in half, and screamed, "TURN THAT SHIT OFF!"

Then I would try and comfort him, probably with great success.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Lol. You crack me up.
    Maybe the record playing Sam was practicing to be a hipster - those guys act like they discovered vinyl.
    My grandma had one similar to that, complete with records of The Chipmunks and their greatest hits ( from the 40s or 50s ?)
    If by comforting Sam, you mean shattering the record into jagged pieces and stabbing him with them, I wish you much success and have complete confidence in your comforting abilities

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just kidding a bit about the comforting part, after pulling a Pete on his record, he'd probably not be too receptive.

I do think Jessie created some of Sam's problem though. My analogy would be kids getting shots in their pediatrician's office. Some mothers try and talk exhaustively with their kid about how it will be painful but good for them, and get them to understand, and after a half-hour of this the kid is petrified of the horror that's going to come to them. What's worked best for me is saying, "just get on the table, you have to get a shot now, we have other errands to run." If they know it's no big deal to you, it won't be a big deal to them. Kids aren't deep thinkers, but are very practical. I think if Jessie had spent a bit more time saying, "look Sam, you are a member of the family, and as a family we all have to do X" rather than letting him make his own world up in his room, he wouldn't be in as bad a way as he is now.

... or he'd be worse ;)

4. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member