Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tired of Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by PizzaBoy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Am I the only one who is annoyed and tired of Rick? Since Season2 he has been constantly trying to make a bigger deal of everything than there has to be.

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

This is the first time I will ever use this but he's worse in the comics. Honestly though if you were in the ZA what wouldn't be a big deal?

3. highway234

highway234 Member

There's something about his vigil for Lori outside the prison that I find deeply moving.

4. RicksRightHand

I think the two main camps of viewers for The Walking Dead are as follows:

1. Those who watch the show and view it being predominantly Ricks story.
    2. Those who watch the show and have little to no interest in Rick.

I think the people that are tired of Rick are the second group.
    Personally, I love the journey that Ricks character goes on. I see Rick as the central focus of the show and to me, his struggle with his inner demons is an integral part of the show.

5. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I'm the very same but I love the story behind the others as well

6. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I think it's more like:
    1. Those who watch the show and view it being predominantly Ricks story.
    2. Daryl's fans.

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

3. People that can't wait to see Andrea's butt again

8. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

other than the whole going crazy thing.. im definitely a Rick fan.. though i wish he would be more open to trusting people and letting them join the group. i didn't like how he treated that kid (forgot his name) in season 2. why yank him off a fence and save him just to throw him right back to the wolves?

9. RicksRightHand

Because yanking him off the fence, bandaging him up and sending him back out there was more humane than leaving him stuck to the fence to be devoured by walkers. It wasn't always Ricks intention to kill Randall, he was only doing what he felt was morally right... the Rick in Season 3 feels like he's had too many of those situations turn around and bite him in the ass that he no longer wants to do what he might have previously felt morally obliged to.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Rick is a flawed character. That's what makes him intriguing. If he were running around like an invincible and infallable 80's action star I wouldn't like him. It's his flaws that make him a great character.

11. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

What about those people (Like myself) that watch for Daryl AND Rick? Cause honestly, they're the two characters holding me to the show...

Well, and the Walkers.

But anywho, no, I am not tired of Rick. I love seeing a character develop and I find it completely fascinating. He's got some awesome development and he is such a different character from the first episode.

12. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

Hopefully he just got a wake up call after the governors attack.

13. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I think rick's character is great. As far as making a big deal out of everything? unfortunately, in his current situation, situations we see as no big deal, ARE a big deal.

side note, i think that Andrew Lincoln does a fantastic job portraying the character

14. Whateverworks

Whateverworks Member

I think Rick is a great character. We know that Rick, before the ZA, was an everyday man and nothing out of the ordinary. When the ZA hit and Rick finds the group which contains his family and Shane people begin too look at Rick as some kind of a leader. I believe that Rick simply is not born as a leader and the tension and stress builds up inside of him as the season progresses. So he seeks comfort with his family which contains the tension. Lori's death finally cracks him. I genuinely think that the evolution of his character (and in general; the evolution of all the characters) is what makes this show and that is why I think Rick is a fantastic character. Don't get me wrong Rick is incredibly strong but he is not build for this. As Bassman said: "He is flawed".

Also Andrew Lincoln portraits him exceptionally well.

15. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you bro!

16. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

If you don't like Rick you better suck it up or watch a different show because TWD is Rick's story.

17. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

I seriously get the idea that Rick is playing Viggo Mortensen in a bad way. They try to make his character give a moving speech everytime, but it just goes way over the top and he sounds like a drama queen.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Viggo mortensen Mmmmmmmm

19. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ditto, I think he does a great job..

20. THIMCA

THIMCA Member

I'm bored of Rick as he's currently just going crazy!!

He doesn't have Shane to play off anymore so fills his time by prancing around in the woods.. He did look mad at the end of 'Home' though so hopefully he's ready to go to war with 'The Guv'!

Personally supported all of Shane's decisions and only put up with Rick cause he's the 'main guy' of The Walking Dead.