Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tired of Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by PizzaBoy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I love Rick, but agree with you that loss of Shane as a character interacting with him was a big one. I didn't like the writers making Rick so weak in Season 2, thought Shane was right/Rick wrong; didn't like Rictator-Rick and thought Andrew Lincoln's comment at Comic-con about having to play such a masochistic role was interesting (Great Actor!) If Rick doesn't stay crazy for too much longer, I'll view his current halluicinations as intense grief over loss of Lori and best friend Shane --reality and magnitude of the loss at long last finally sinking in -- combined with lack of sleep and inability to handle failure. I liked the look of determination at the end of the last show.

2. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Really?! I think it's an amazing story line AL plays it perfectly and the rest of the cast can hold the show while he has his side story. I'm sure he going to kick off again soon but really he's only been alone in two episodes this season "Say the Word" and "Home".

I supported a lot of Shane's decisions as well not all but most Rick is key as well though I loved having the two of them together, would have loved to see them take on the prison, prisoners, woodbury, Michonee, Tyreese and the Gov together

3. tallahasseehero

I think Rick is awesome! The other characters are great too but I feel like they can all have such interesting personas because they are able to play off of Andrew Lincoln who is at the core of the show. I saw on this site somewhere an article that really described how good of a performance Andrew Lincoln has consistently put forward. Like someone else said he is not an 80s movie actions star, he is not an achilles-like larger than life super human. He is flawed and does not always make the right decisions, but he is tough and smart. He was able to launch to successful attacks against Woodbury less than a week after his wife died.

Rick was the one who was able to get the group of the CDC, he lead the group for 8 months on the road (no way Shane could have done that).

4. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Quite accurate

5. BronzeBomber

BronzeBomber Member

Amen brother. I say let Merle be the leader.

6. BronzeBomber

BronzeBomber Member

I actually enjoyed rick in the second season. They just turned him into a big D$(@head this season. Hes just lucky that Glenn is around to be even more annoying.

7. BronzeBomber

BronzeBomber Member

Or just play the game. Better characters, better scenarios, and you get to choose who dies.

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

The game kicked ass but I like the comic and show better.

9. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

I'm still rooting for Rick, but he's been annoying me since they left the farm - especially the way he runs off and leaves his kids behind considering he's a single parent now. He'd be a much better leader if he learned how to delegate, he tries to do everything himself and that's when things go wrong.

10. BronzeBomber

BronzeBomber Member

I actually just watched the entire series over the last two weeks. The game is what sucked me in. To me the protagonist in the game is far more likable to Ricktatorship. I also thought the scenarios were actually better and felt a bit worse when characters died, that I did not choose. I remember thinking at the beginning of season 2, "this looks sorta like episode 2 in the game". but instead of psycho cannibal farmers, we just have a barn full of walkers.

11. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

I think Darabont did a great job of making it clear that it was Rick's story - that's why I liked Rick in Season 1 & 2, now in Season 3 it doesn't feel like Rick is the main protagonist any more.

12. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

...just wondering, what's the policy here on TWD forums about being a dick to people who have a different point of view? :zombies_confused:

13. rabscuttle1

I've been a fan since the day the first issue of the comic came out so I'm invested in Rick and the group.

14. rabscuttle1

F*ck off and don't read my posts. There's your policy. Was that dick enough for you? I don't give a shit that he doesn't like Rick. I stated a fact. TWD is Rick's story. Like him or hate him you have to deal with him or watch a different show.

15. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I'm not tired of Rick. I'm tired of the crazy visions and his hard-ass attitude, but it's all understandable to me.

16. rabscuttle1

Rick gets his shit together but his hard-ass attitude never completely goes away.

17. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

Well he has to be somewhat of a hard-ass. In the world they live in, it's necessary. But like Andrea said, he's gotten cold. I want to see more glimpses of the Rick who actually smiled once in a while and showed more than the Ricktatorship Rick.

18. rabscuttle1

You probably wont see this Rick very much ever again.

19. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

:\ Well shit. LOL

20. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I'm never tired of Rick. I love and adore him. How his character has evolved from this crisp uniform still following his law Sheriff ways to having to accept and change his ways to that of survival while still holding onto his humanity as best that he can and do what he has to keep his group safe. Still keeping those law enforcement instincts intact. All while dealing with loses that keep piling up and carrying all the weight on himself because he feels he has to.And he he has had to deal with and gone through. I would love to see Rick have peace and smile but I know that will never happen at least not enough that I would like.

#40 Roman'sRevenge, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013