Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"To Live Again"

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Fan Fiction' started by Rapscallion, Apr 30, 2014.

1. mishone

mishone Member

I liked that part about the guard who was bit and jerkoff Lisie shoots him in the head. But THE BEST was Rick tossing the grenade back. Story just gets better and better.

2. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Chapter 9 - You did a great job, Raps. What really stood out to me was Michonne's thoughts about the Governor. I found that to be important since he's the reason that she ultimately found her new family with Rick and the group. Plus, the Governor's the reason her and Andrea's friendship fizzled out. Michonne saw him for what he was--his manipulation, whereas Andrea brought into it. I also like that you mentioned Merle.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

CHAPTER 26​

The truck screeched to a halt, and Rick's head slammed against the back of the cab. Spots drifted around his eyes, and a buzzing sound rang in his ears, but he heard Maggie's voice shouting 'Glenn!' above it.

Rick shook his head clear, and cursed under his breath. He looked around the truck bed and saw Roy's Marlin 1893 lever action rifle lying snug inside its leather scabbard. Rick picked the rifle up, climbed out of the truck bed, and saw Maggie and Glenn embracing, as Zach, Jayla, and the second group of captives from Hawkinsville looked on.

Zach turned around as Rick stumbled towards everyone; the Marlin rifle tucked under his left arm, the orange backpack dangling from his wrist like an anchor, and the 1911 in his right hand. "Are you good, Rick?"

"Yeah, I just hit my head," Rick said as he stood straight. The orange backpack fell to the ground and the Marlin rifle fell on top of it. "Is everyone alright?"

Zach grinned. "We're good, thanks to Glenn."

Glenn broke his embrace with Maggie and looked at his leader. "Rick! Thank God you're alive!"

Rick smiled and patted Glenn's shoulder. "It's good to see you, too. Ready to get out of here?"

"You bet I'm—"

"Rick, behind you!" Zach shouted.

Rick spun around and aimed the Colt 1911 at the approaching threat: it was Isaac, running towards them with an AR15 rifle in his hands.

Glenn saw the orange backpack on the ground and he knelt down, placed the Marlin rifle on the pavement and opened the bag. He rummaged through the backpack and retrieved his Glock 17 pistol and the Smith & Wesson 3913 pistol they had given Zach and tossed it to him. Maggie drew her Walther P99 pistol and aimed it at Isaac. Jayla backed away from Rick's group, and slowly brought her Ithaca 37 shotgun up to her shoulder. The captives from Hawkinsville screamed and fell to the ground, expecting a shootout to start at any moment.

Zach saw Jayla backing away out of the corner of his left eye and he nervously aimed his pistol at her. "Hey! Hey! Don't shoot that thing, okay!" he shouted fearfully.

Isaac was just a few feet away from Rick when he stopped running and aimed his rifle at him. "I'll kill you bastards!"

"Freeze! Sheriff's deputy!" Rick shouted on reflex.

"Man, that doesn't mean shit anymore!" Isaac spat.

Rick looked past Isaac and saw Jaleesa and Amir opening the gate to the coal field; they had long guns slung over their shoulders. Within moments, they'd back up Isaac and this standoff would end up being much worse.

Rick raised the 1911 pistol up into the air and spun it around so he gripped the slide. "Alright, everybody calm down."

Isaac saw the 1911 in Rick's hand and slowly lowered his AR15. Jayla saw Isaac's reaction and stood by his right side. "Isaac, what's wrong, honey?" she asked.

Isaac kept looking at the 1911 and said nothing.

Jaleesa and Amir were now running towards their two co-workers, long guns in hand.

Glenn looked over his shoulder and saw Maggie aiming her pistol at the potential threats. He backed up and swatted down Maggie's right arm. "Maggie, get behind me," he ordered.

Maggie shoved Glenn away and aimed her pistol again.

Jaleesa and Amir were now standing to Isaac's left. Jaleesa looked above the sights of her Ithaca 37 shotgun and at her co-worker. "Isaac, aim your damn gun at them," she ordered.

Instead of his rifle, Isaac aimed his left arm at Rick. "Look, he's got Roy's gun."

Isaac's co-workers looked at the 1911 in Rick's hand and their eyes widened.

"Hijo de puta," Amir whispered.

"Roy...Roy's dead?" Jayla cried.

Beads of sweat formed on Rick's forehead as he took a risky step forward. "Alright, calm down."

Isaac swung his rifle back up to his shoulder and aimed down the iron sight. Glenn, Maggie, and Zach drew in a breath, but kept their pistols aimed at the armed plant workers.

"Alright, do you see this gun?" Rick asked. A moment later he bent down and carefully put the 1911 down on the pavement. "There it is," he said as he stood up, his hands raised above his head.

"Did you kill our friend and foreman?" Isaac asked curtly.

Rick nodded. "I had to. Leslie was going to have Roy execute me this afternoon. I tried to reason with Roy, but he wouldn't listen, so I stabbed him."

The four plant workers were still aiming their long guns at Rick, but now they were crying.

"Did you kill Theo, too?" Jaleesa cried.

Maggie lowered her pistol and stepped forward. "I did. Theo threatened to kill me for that truck. I didn't have a choice."

The four plant workers were now glancing at each other and lowered their long guns slightly.

"What about Elijah?" Jaleesa asked.

Rick shook his head, but Maggie nodded. "I think he was on the roof, shooting the other group from Hawkinsville. I don't know where he is now."

Amir lowered his head in shame. "That pendejo was snipping people," he muttered.

"What?!" a man from the Hawkinsville group said as he stood up. "Do you mean these crazy bastards killed the other half of our group?"

"We've never killed anyone!" Jayla shouted.

"But Roy did, on Leslie's order?" Rick asked.

The four co-workers lowered their long guns and wiped their hands across their eyes. Rick and his group lowered their pistols, and the glanced at each other and stood up.

"Listen," Rick said calmly. "I'm sorry about your friends, but this is the chance for all of us to escape, so if—"

BRAKA! BRAKA! BRAKA!

#603 Rapscallion, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  4. Rapscallion

The bullets flew overhead and the Hawkinsville group screamed in fright as everyone dropped to the pavement for cover. Rick glanced up and saw Leslie and his four armed and armored guards running towards them from the receiving bay entrance. Rick drew his Colt Python revolver and aimed it at the oncoming threat.

BANG!

Rick's shot flew high just like the guard's shots, but it made Leslie and his four guards hit the pavement.

"Run!" the man from Hawkinsville shouted to his group.

The nine people from Hawkinsville leapt to their feet and ran to the fence.

Jayla and her co-workers looked behind them and saw Leslie and his four guards, getting back on their feet. "Shit, it's Lamar!" she shouted.

"That el loco is going to kill us!" Amir cried.

Rick rose to one knee and took better aim at the guard carrying the M249 light machine gun.

BANG! BANG!

The two bullets hit the guard in his flak jacket, and he fell onto his back. Leslie and the other guards stopped in their tracks and looked down at their prone companion.

"Maggie, get the truck!" Rick ordered.

Maggie nodded and ran to the truck, firing her Walther P99 as she went.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The shots struck the pavement around Leslie and his guards. One of them fired at Maggie with his M16A2 rifle.

BRAKA! BRAKA! BRAKA!

The shots struck the back of the truck as Maggie leapt inside it's cab.

"Maggie!" Glenn shouted as he ran after his girlfriend.

From across the lot, Leslie pointed at Glenn. "Shoot that eggroll selling bastard!"

BRAKA! BRAKA! BRAKA!

The shots flew past Glenn, and he made it inside the cab, where Maggie had just begun to sit up. "Glenn! What the hell are you doing?!" she shouted.

"I'm not letting you risk your life alone!" Glenn answered as he pushed Maggie into the passenger seat.

Maggie grimaced in anger, but she dug into her pocket and produced the truck's keys. "Here!" she said as she shoved them into Glenn's hand.

"Cover fire!" Rick shouted to Zach and Jaleesa's group.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Rick fired the last three rounds in his Python's cylinder, and one of them nicked a guard's leg, which tripped him to the pavement. One guard lingered to help his colleague with the light machine gun to his feet, while Leslie and one guard ran to the end of the administration building. Zach fell to the pavement and threw his arms over his head, while Jaleesa and her co-workers turned around on their stomachs to shoot back at the guards.

BRAKA! BRAKA! BRAKA! BRAKA! BRAKA!

The group's bullets bit into the side of the administration building, while Leslie and the other guard put their backs against the wall and sat on the pavement to make themselves lesser targets.

"Sir, look!" the guard shouted as he pointed at the fence line.

Leslie rose slightly and saw the Hawkinsville group climbing the fence; the men near the top removed their coats or shirts and threw them over the barbed wire before they climbed over them.

"Let them go," Leslie said, "I can get new workers on the next trade. What I want is that rube cop, and I want him alive."

Leslie looked across the lot to see Jaleesa's group getting up from the pavement while Rick broke open the cylinder of his Colt Python and dropped the six empty cases.

"Hey, Rick!" Remember our conversation about the drawbacks to carrying a six shot revolver?! Leslie shouted. "Looks like you're in that shootout I warned you about!"

Rick dropped six fresh rounds from his speed loader into the Python's cylinder, and closed it back into the frame. "Yeah, Leslie? Well, so far the only thing you've been good at shooting is your mouth!"

Leslie's complexion turned red with anger and he stood up, aimed down the iron sight of his Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun, and fired at Rick.

Leslie's shots just missed Rick, who ducked for cover. Behind him he heard the glass windows to the power plant's front doors shatter.

At Rick's far left, the truck's engine roared to life. He glanced up and saw Glenn behind the wheel, and he put the truck into reverse. A moment later, Glenn put the truck in drive and he drove it straight towards Rick.

5. Rapscallion

Security Chief Danny Byrne reached the lobby and stopped in his tracks as he saw the plant workers from the night shift—and the previous captives the town of Hawkinsvile had delivered as part of the deal for electricity—running down the staircase and out the front door, where they continued running towards the parking lot. Danny growled in anger and raised his M16A2 rifle at the ceiling.

BRAKA!

The group screamed in terror, but they stopped running and looked at Danny, who now pointed his rifle at them. "Just where in the blue hell do you all think you're going?" he asked contemptuously.

A plant worker—whose name was Brian—glanced at the group and took a nervous step forward. "We heard all the gunfire downstairs; and a guard went room to room, shouting we were all going to die if we stayed here."

Danny leaned forward. "Which guard?"

There was a commotion atop the staircase and a young man's voice growing louder. "Hurry! Let's go! We've got to get the hell out of here!"

Danny, Brian, and the others on the staircase looked up and saw Dylan pushing his way down the staircase; Elijah's AR15 rifle was in his hands, and Richard Judd' SIG P226 pistol was tucked in his waistband. When the young guard spotted the chief of security standing in the lobby, he froze in place and his eyes went wide. "C-Chief," he stammered.

"Are you the asshole that scared all these other assholes out of their asshole nests?"

"Yes...yes, sir," Dylan answered nervously.

"Well then, since this is your mess, why don't you clean it up?"

Dylan looked at the crowd on the staircase and in the lobby. "Uh, what do you mean, Chief?" he asked bemusedly.

Danny took a deep, calming breath. "Tell all these shitheads to go back upstairs!"

"The hell with that!" Brian shouted. "Another group is taking over the plant!"

"If they don't kill us, that nutcase Lamar definitely will!" another plant worker shouted.

The group shouted in approval until Danny raised his M16A2 and aimed it at the plant worker.

BRAKA!

The bullet struck the man in his chest and he fell back onto the staircase, knocking down several co-workers and captives in the process. Everyone looked from the dead man to Danny, who lowered his rifle slightly. "Any more complaints?" he quipped.

"You're...you're crazy," Brian said frightfully.

"No, what I am is pissed off," Danny answered. "So all of you crybabies get upstairs before daddy has to spank some more asses."

Dylan slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry, Chief, but...we're not staying here."

"What did you say, punk?" Danny asked coldly.

"I said we're not staying—"

Danny raised his rifle up and aimed it at Dylan's head.

BRAKA!

The bullet smashed into Dylan's face and out the back of his head, and struck a man who stood on the next step behind Dylan in the stomach, while the people that stood around him were covered in blood and brain matter.

The lobby erupted in screams, and the people on the staircase ducked for cover and wept.

Brian lunged at Danny, his hands grabbing hold of the rifle's barrel while his momentum knocked him and Danny to the floor. Others from the group rushed forward, and they punched and kicked at Danny while he and Brian struggled for the rifle.

After one last pull, Brian pulled the M16A2 rifle out of Danny's hands and aimed down the rifle's iron sight. "Get out of the way!" he warned the people beating Danny.

The people looked at Brian, saw him aiming the rifle, and leapt out of the way. Danny, curled up in a ball, and his arms covering his face, cautiously pulled his arms away and saw Brian with his rifle. He laughed and stretched out on the floor.

"Put down the rifle down, Brian," Danny ordered, "because I know you don't have the stones—"

BRAKA!

The bullet slammed into Danny's forehead and his head slammed onto the floor like a nail being hammered into a plank of wood. A geyser of blood and brain matter shot into the air. Groans of disgust drifted amongst the group; nobody shed a tear.

Brian lowered the rifle, knelt down and took the two spare magazines and the SIG P226 pistol from Danny's belt. He tossed the pistol to a co-worker, and looked at the group. "Let's go," he said with a wave of his arm.

Brian walked out of the front doors and the rest of the group followed two people stopped long enough to take the AR15 rifle and SIG P226 pistol from Dylan's corpse. Once the group reached the parking lot, the plant workers amongst them ran to their vehicles, dug keys out of their pockets, and turned engines that hadn't rumbled in over a year. Soon, a small caravan was leaving the parking lot and driving on the road, leaving behind their workplace and the gunfight between Leslie Lamar and Rick Grimes.

#605 Rapscallion, Sep 21, 2016
  6. Rapscallion

Jaleesa and her co-workers leapt back and Rick rolled out of the way just before the truck drove past. Glenn stepped on the brakes, and took a breath. He glanced out of the driver's window when he saw the guard with the M249 light machine gun was back on his feet and taking aim. Glenn grabbed Maggie, pulled her down and protected her with his own body.

The NATO rounds slammed against the side of the truck. Glenn and Maggie held hands, and shut their eyes as the driver's side window exploded and covered them with shards of glass while bullets flew overhead and out the passenger window.

Outside the truck, Rick holstered his Colt Python, pulled the Marlin 1893 rifle out of its scabbard, and stood behind the truck bed. He aimed down the rifle's sights at the guard with the machine gun and began firing.

BLAM! BLAM!

One of the .30-30 bullets struck the guard in the forehead, and he fell backwards onto the pavement, dead.

"Glenn. Maggie. Get the hell out of there!" Rick ordered.

Glenn reached for the passenger door handle, opened the door, and pushed Maggie out onto the pavement, with him following.

Rick glanced over his shoulder at Zach, curled up in a ball beside the plant's front entrance. "Zach, give me a hand!"

The terrified college kid shook his head.

Jayla and her co-workers returned fire at Leslie and his guards, who were now laying on the pavement for cover.

Isaac stood up, and looked at the Hawkinsville captives, who had climbed over the fence and were running into the woods. He pulled Jaleesa up by her coveralls, and began dragging her towards the fence. "Come on!" he shouted.

"No!" Jaleesa screamed in protest.

"I'm saving the rest of us!" Isaac answered as he looked over his shoulder at Amir and Jayla, who were deciding if they should stay and fight, or follow him and Jaleesa. "Come on guys, before Lamar gets his hands on that machine gun!"

Amir got on one knee and began firing his AR15 rifle at Leslie and his surviving guards. "Vamos, Jayla!" he shouted.

Jayla sat up and looked at Amir. "But what about—"

"I'll catch up, Vamos!" Amir ordered.

Jayla ran for the fence, where Isaac waved her on. Jaleesa was already climbing the fence.

Over at the truck, Rick watched the plant workers making their run for the fence. He shook his head in disgust, and resumed firing at Leslie and the guards.

BLAM! BLAM!

On the pavement beside Rick's feet, Glenn and Maggie untangled themselves, pulled out their pistols, and resumed firing at Leslie and the guards.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Over at the fence line, Jaleesa had just climbed over the fence, and Jayla was halfway to the top. Amir ran as bullets from the guard's rifles flew past him and his shoulder crashed into the chain-link fence. Isaac was standing beside him giving cover fire.

"What about the polícia and the chicos?" Amir asked, pointing at Rick's group.

"Screw them," Isaac answered as he loaded a fresh magazine into his AR15 rifle.

"Que?" Amir asked.

Isaac pulled the primer on his rifle and looked at Amir. "Screw them! They killed Roy and Theo, so leave them here!"

Amir nodded reluctantly, slung his rifle over his shoulder and began climbing the fence.

7. Rapscallion

BRAKA! BRAKA! Click! Click!

Leslie ejected the magazine to his submachine gun, saw it was empty, and angrily threw it to the pavement; the submachine gun soon followed.

"They're getting away, Mr. Lamar!" the guard beside him shouted.

Leslie looked at the fence line and saw that the four surviving members of Roy's security team had made it over the fence and were escaping. "I told you I don't give a damn about them!" he shouted as he drew his Glock 30 subcompact pistol from its holster.

Leslie stood up and risked taking a bullet from Rick to peek around the corner of the administration building, and saw Layla's truck parked by the rear exit. He knelt beside the guard and shook his shoulder to get his attention. "Can you hotwire a truck?" he asked.

The guard looked at Lamar and nodded in confusion. "Yes...yes, sir."

"Good," Leslie grinned. He then looked to his left at the other guard who was reloading his M16A2 rifle. "You there, cover us," he ordered.

"Yes, sir!" the guard answered as bullets flew past him or struck the pavement around him.

"Come on!" Leslie shouted as he stood up and ran towards Jayla's truck.

The guard stood up and ran after Leslie.

The guard who stayed behind got on one knee and began firing at the bullet riddled truck Rick and his group used for cover.

8. Rapscallion

Rick caught a glimpse of Leslie and one of his guards running towards Jayla's truck before a spray of bullets from the other guard forced him to duck behind the truck.

What's that bastard trying to do with the truck, drive away?

Rick doubted that was the case.

Beside Rick, Glenn and Maggie ducked behind the truck, and ejected the empty magazines from their pistols. Glenn dug a fresh magazine out of his back pocket when saw Zach, curled up and trembling beside the power plant's front door.

"Zach, are you alright?" Glenn asked.

Zach glanced at Glenn, briefly revealing his crying eyes, and then he lowered his head and put his arms over his head.

Glenn shook his head in disappointment, and then he looked to his left, and was shocked to find the four plant workers had disappeared.

"Hey! What happened to the other guys?" Glenn asked aloud.

Neither Rick or Maggie answered. Glenn moved past Maggie and stood ne to Rick, who was aiming the Marlin rifle at a man Glenn assumed was Leslie Lamar. "Rick, where're the others?!"

Rick glanced at Glenn and looked down the rifle's sights. "They're gone; we're on our own."

BLAM!

Leslie winced as he felt the heat of a bullet fly past the back of his head and struck the back of the administration building. He used his Glock pistol to break the rear window, and then he unlocked the door, opened it, and climbed inside the cab before the next bullet struck the door's interior.

BLAM!

Leslie closed the door just as the guard smashed the driver's side window with the butt of his rifle, unlocked the door, opened it, and climbed into the driver's seat. He smashed the ignition switch with the butt of his rifle, and pulled out the steering columns wires.

Leslie smashed the rear window with his subcompact pistol and a moment later, aimed it at Rick.

BANG! BANG!

Sparks flew from the wires the guard held in his fingertips and the truck's engine roared to life. "It's running!" the guard shouted triumphantly.

"Good," Leslie said as he sat in the rear seat. "Turn us around."

The guard put the truck in reverse and spun the steering wheel, so the truck now faced the bullet riddled one Rick and his group used for cover.

"Now what?" the guard asked. "Are we going to pick up Bob and get out of here?"

Leslie glared from his seat at Rick. "Ram him," he ordered.

The guard looked over his shoulder at Leslie. "Are you crazy?! They'll cut us to—"

Leslie leaned forward, tore off the guard's helmet, and pressed his pistol against the guard's cheek. "Ram. Him."

The guard nodded slowly, faced front, and gripped the steering wheel, as Leslie pressed his pistol's barrel against the back of the guard's head.

The guard stepped on the gas pedal and the truck sped forward.

#608 Rapscallion, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  9. Rapscallion

BANG! BANG!

Rick ducked as Leslie's shots flew overhead and struck the power plant. He glanced to his right and saw Glenn and Maggie had ducked down as well as the guard Leslie left behind fired upon them. Rick worked the Marlin rifle's lever, which ejected the spent case and loaded a fresh bullet into the barrel, and stood up again.

At the same moment, Rick heard the truck's engine start. He watched as the guard put the truck in reverse, and spun it around. A moment later, he saw Leslie, glaring at him from the back seat. The guard behind the wheel suddenly looked over at Leslie, and the executive stuck his pistol in the guard's face.

Rick immediately knew what Leslie was planning.

The guard—now ashen faced— gripped the steering wheel, and the truck moved forward with increasing speed.

"Shoot the driver!" Rick shouted to Glenn and Maggie as he brought the rifle up to his shoulder.

BLAM!

Rick's bullet cut a neat hole in the truck's window and nearly hit the guard, who ducked as low as his flak jacket and the barrel of Leslie's pistol would allow. Rick ejected the spent case and fired fresh rounds at the driver as quickly as he could.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

At first, Glenn and Maggie were shocked that the truck was speeding towards them, but they quickly recovered and began firing at the driver.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

The .30-30 and 9mm bullets shattered the truck's front window, grille, headlights; and the guard's head; blood and pieces of skull and brain matter splattered the truck's interior, and the his upper body fell forward onto the steering wheel, as the truck kept speeding forward. Leslie leaned back in his seat and braced for impact.

"Run!" Rick shouted as he ran to his left.

Glenn and Maggie ran to their left; Zach glanced up, saw the oncoming truck, and leapt to his right.

CRASH!

Jayla's truck rammed into Roy's and shoved it into the front doors to the power plant. The steel frame and plastic panels for both trucks crumbled like paper and the engines began to leak fluids, and steam from the radiators curled up into the sky. Rick, Glenn, Maggie, and Zach lay on their stomachs on opposite sides of the crash, while inside the truck, a bruised and disoriented Leslie, slid over the right rear door, and grabbed the door handle.

10. Rapscallion

The guard who covered Leslie's mad charge had used up the last magazine of NATO ammunition, so he dropped his empty rifle, drew his SIG P226 pistol, and advanced on Glenn and Maggie, who were still on the ground. Zach was behind them, moaning in pain from hitting the pavement too hard.

"Hands on your heads!" the guard shouted as he aimed his pistol at the young couple.

Glenn and Maggie, still panting from their leap away from the truck, glanced at each other; she nodded, but he shook his head. Maggie placed her hand atop Glenn's, but he shook it off.

"I said put your damn hands on your heads!" the guard shouted, as he moved closer to the young couple.

Glenn grabbed his Glock 17 pistol and swung it at the guard as he leapt to his knees.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Glenn's first two bullets the guard's flak jacket, but the third went through his open mouth. The bullet shot of the back of the guard's skull as he fired his pistol and fell dead onto the pavement.

BANG!

Glenn winced and fell onto his side.

"Glenn!" Maggie screamed as she scooped her boyfriend into her arms;his eyes were close, and he wasn't breathing.

Tears ran down Maggie's eyes and they fell onto Glenn's face; it took Maggie a few moments to realize that Glenn's eyelids twitched after each tear hit his face.

"Glenn?" Maggie said as he gently tapped his cheek. A moment later he moaned and opened his eyes.

"M...Maggie?" Glenn asked weakly.

Maggie smiled and hugged Glenn tightly. "Can't...breathe," he gasped.

"I thought...I thought you were dead," Maggie cried as Glenn sat up.

"Me too," Glenn whispered. "It felt like my soul just...blew out like a candle."

Glenn's right hand gingerly moved up his arm and he suddenly winced and drew his hand away; he and Maggie both saw a droplet of blood on his fingertip. Maggie examined the torn shirt sleeve and found a thin cut on Glenn's upper arm.

"Did...did you really faint because that bastard nicked your arm?!" Maggie asked incredulously.

"Well...I did feel the bullet cut me," Glenn confessed as he blushed.

11. Rapscallion

Leslie opened the rear passenger door and his feet hit the pavement like a sailor stepping onto the dock after a lengthy voyage. Leslie slammed the door behind him, and spotted Roy's cowboy rifle on the ground nearby. He walked towards it, but saw no sign of Rick.

Maybe he made it to the other side of the building? Or maybe he rolled underneath Layla's truck after the crash.

Leslie spun around just in time to see Rick gripping his Colt Python by its frame, and swinging it at him.

POW!

The blow knocked Leslie to the ground and his subcompact pistol flew out of his hands. Rick straddled Leslie's stomach and roared in anger as he pistol-whipped the executive's face again and again.

Rick glared down at the bleeding and semi-conscious executive and spun the service revolver into the palm of his hand, and pressed the blood-speckled barrel against Leslie's forehead. His index finger slid around the trigger as he felt hot air exit his nostrils each time he exhaled.

Leslie moaned painfully and opened his eyes. When his vision cleared he saw Rick aiming his gun down at him. Leslie grinned. "Do it," he said coldly.

Rick's finger pressed against the cold metal of the trigger. His instincts were screaming at him to pull the trigger. But then he remembered the group chasing the Governor and his inexperienced militia out of the prison, and Hershel telling him Carl had executed on of the Governor's people: a young man, just a few older than Carl. When Rick asked Carl if what Hershel said was true, his son coldly admitted it, and justified the killing. Was killing Leslie, who he had just defeated, any different than that?

Rick took his finger off the trigger, removed the barrel from Leslie's forehead, and gently eased the hammer down; he stood up, holstered his service revolver, and looked over his shoulder at Glenn, Maggie, and Zach. "Let's go home," he said.

The three young people nodded in agreement.

"What the hell are you doing, Rick?" Leslie asked as he wiped the blood off his face.

Rick picked up the Marlin rifle, and looked down at the beaten CEO. "We're leaving."

"Leaving?!" Leslie spat as he tore away the Velcro straps of his flak jacket and sat up. "This isn't over!"

Rick picked up Leslie's Glock 30 subcompact pistol, and ejected the magazine. "Yes it is," he said as he threw the pistol away with all his might.

"Bullshit!" Leslie shouted as he squirmed out of the flak jacket. "It ends when one of us is dead!"

Rick slid the Marlin rifle into its leather scabbard and said nothing.

"You coward!" Leslie shouted.

Rick looked at Leslie for a moment, and then he began walking past the wrecked trucks. Glenn picked up the orange backpack, and he and Maggie followed, while Zach stayed back.

"Are you naïve enough to think walking away will end this?" Leslie said as he staggered to his feet. "I'm the man! I've got a town of survivors depending on me for electricity! All I've got to do is give the order, Rick, and they'll hunt you down!"

Rick kept walking, while Glenn and Maggie glanced back at Leslie. Zach was now running to catch up with his friends, but he turned around and back peddled as he watched Leslie.

"They'll find you, Rick, and burn down whatever hovel you and your group are hiding in!" Leslie shouted. "Then they'll bring all of you back here, Rick, and I'll make you watch as I butcher them! And when your turn comes, you'll beg me to kill you! So remember this, Rick: everyone in your group is dead! Everyone you love is dead!"

BANG!

Rick spun around and drew his Colt Python. He saw Leslie with a shocked expression on his face, and there was a growing blood stain in the center of his chest. Rick looked slightly to his left and saw Zach, pointing his Smith & Wesson 3913 pistol at Leslie. Rick looked back at Leslie, who uttered an eerie gasp and fell forward onto the pavement, dead.

Zach lowered his pistol and turned around to face his shocked companions. "I had to do it," he explained as tears ran down his face. "He was going to kill all of us. He was going to kill Beth."

"It's alright, Zach," Rick said as he holstered his service revolver.

#611 Rapscallion, Sep 22, 2016
  12. Rapscallion

"Look!" Maggie said as she pointed at the power plant.

Rick, Glenn, and Zach looked and saw dozens of people squeezing out of the first floor windows or coming around from the rear of the power plant. They were the day shift, with a few armed workers accompanying them; Rick guessed they were the last of Roy's security team, and he placed his hand on the grip of his Colt Python. "Watch them," he whispered to his three young companions.

Glenn and Maggie nodded and put their hands around the grips of their pistols, while a despondent Zach held his pistol loosely in his right hand.

"What...what the hell happened?" a balding man with thick glasses asked Rick.

Rick gestured at Leslie's dead corpse laying several yards away. "He lost."

The workers and guards looked over at Leslie's corpse. Some of them smiled, a few muttered curses under their breaths, and one person thanked God.

"Who are you people, scavengers?" the man asked.

Rick shook his head. "We're just people, and we're going home."

Rick turned around and resumed walking towards the parking lot. Glenn and Maggie holstered their weapons and followed Rick. Zach tucked his pistol behind the small of his back and ran to catch up. The plant workers and guards muttered amongst themselves and followed far behind.

"What about the coal, Rick?" Glenn asked.

"It'll be here when we come back," Rick answered.

When Rick's group reached Zach's Dodge Charger, the college kid took out his key fob and clicked the unlock button. Rick motioned for Zach to unlock the trunk too, and the Marlin rifle and orange backpack were placed inside it. A moment later, Rick and his three young friends climbed into the car, Zach put the key into the ignition, turned it, and the powerful engine roared to life. Within moments, Zach drove the car out of the parking lot and onto the road, where it sped into the horizon. Minutes later, the plant workers and guards climbed into their own vehicles, and drove away to find their loved ones or find a new place to call home.

#612 Rapscallion, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  13. Rapscallion

The mid-morning sun shimmered through the large office windows as Paris stepped out of the conference room that served as her and Leslie's bedroom and walked into the quiet reception room. A part of her hoped Leslie would be there, sitting in a chair, sipping a cappuccino, and quip it was about time she dragged her 'cute ass' out of bed, but he wasn't there.

It had been three days since Leslie went down in the elevator to the lobby, and the shootout and explosions that followed. Paris had barricaded herself inside the office before the sun set, but the bodies of foreman Roy Oates, and the young guard had started to rot, so she dragged them into the closet and sprayed them with air freshener every few hours when the stench crept through the door and made her want to vomit.

During those three days Paris looked out the office window for a glimpse of Leslie, but all she saw were more and more numbers of dead-heads staggering onto the property. Leslie often said when you had enough dead-heads moving together, you had an army, and there was an army assembling outside the Edison—Davis Power Plant.

Even more frightening were the sounds of dead-heads staggering through the hallways of the administration building. Paris learned quickly to make as little noise as possible; even walking around the office barefoot. She ate her meals in the small kitchen, and sat at her desk reading her romance novels and trying to forget that her life had become a horror story.

Paris had denied it for three days, but now she had to admit the truth: Leslie was dead, and the Edison—Davis Power Plant had been overrun. It was time to leave.

Paris back inside the conference room. The table had long been replaced with a queen size bed; an early prize from the deal Leslie made with Hawkinsville. She went to the nightstand and picked up the SIG P226 pistol Leslie had given her after taking control of the power plant; she'd almost shot her own foot off with that gun, but she'd need it if she was going to make it past the dead-heads inside and outside the administration building.

Paris slipped out of her skirt, put on a pair of Leslie's dress pants, and put on a pair of his leather dress shoes. The pants looked baggy on her, and the shoes were too big, but they were the only suitable outdoor clothing available to her. She then threw on her jacket and raincoat, walked across the reception room, and carefully moved the coffee table and chairs away from the doors. She held her breath as she turned the lock, peaked out into the hallway, and found it was clear.

Paris, holding the SIG P226 in her trembling hands, walked down the hallway and past the elevators; after hearing those explosions from three days ago, she wasn't confident about using them to reach the lobby. Paris went to the staircase, found it was clear and went down one step at a time, but when she reached the landing for the second floor, she heard the growls of dead-heads, so she ran down the remaining steps and didn't stop until she collided with a man in the lobby, which knocked her down on her backside.

Paris rubbed her forehead and stood up in embarrassment. "I'm sorry. I wasn't look—"

It was in that moment Paris realized who it was she had run into...it was a dead-head, and it growled at her.

Paris screamed, but she still held onto her P226. She aimed it at the dead-head and pulled the trigger.

BANG!

The bullet struck the dead-head in its chest, but it was close enough to her that the impact knocked it to the floor. Paris ran past it and out the front doors, there, dozens of dead-heads began shuffling towards her, their arms stretched out to grab her. Paris aimed her pistol and began firing.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The bullets struck or missed the dead-heads, and they continued shuffling towards her, growling hungrily. Paris slipped through the gaps between the dead-heads and ran towards the parking lot.

She stopped running.

Leslie was shuffling towards her, his once white shirt was stained with dirt and dry blood, and his face was bruised and bloody; his eyes were yellow, and wet blood covered his mouth, like he had captured a small animal and consumed it.

"Leslie?" Paris asked fearfully.

Her boss and lover growled in response, and raised his arms towards her. Paris screamed in terror, but she ran past Leslie, past the few remaining cars in the parking lot, and she ran down the road and kept on running until the next time she looked over her shoulder, the Edison—Davis Power Plant was out of sight.

TO BE CONTINUED​

#613 Rapscallion, Sep 22, 2016
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Just finished....thoughts:

"Are you the asshole that scared all these other assholes out of their asshole nests?" love this line. Very Negan-esque. lol

"The bullet slammed into Danny's forehead and his head slammed onto the floor like a nail being hammered into a plank of wood. A geyser of blood and bran matter shot into the air. Groans of disgust drifted amongst the group; nobody shed a tear." <----- love the last line here too.

I feel bad for Zach and it doesn't bother me that he freaked out. He's still new to the group and this whole thing had to be pretty jarring for him. Hell all he thought they were doing today was scavenging. lol

Glenn's over-dramatic reaction to the bullet graze...."It felt like my soul just...blew out like a candle." LOL!!!! Love it.

Also.....PARIS AHHHH!!! Wonder if she will show up somewhere..... LOVE the "epilogue" feel to that part of the story.

15. Rapscallion

Thank you, @PepperAnn.

Yeah, Zach is new to this world, and he was clearly ashamed that he couldn't help the group fight back. That would explain why he got himself killed saving Bob in the season four premiere "30 Days Without an Accident."

Yay! Glenn gets his first miraculous escape in my Walking Dead epic. But I wonder if his luck may one day run out. :shining:

I almost forgot about Paris, so I wrote the epilogue of her escaping the Edison—Davis Power Plant. We won't be seeing her again, so I left her fate open to interpretation.

#615 Rapscallion, Sep 22, 2016
  16. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Wow great chapter, Raps. Also a great ending to Leslie. I was surprised that Zach ended up killing him and not Rick, so that was very well done.
    Now I wonder what will become of Paris? Can't wait for the next chapter.

17. Rapscallion

Thanks, @RickyGrimes.

The reason why this chapter took so long to complete was that the original ending had Rick coldly kill an unarmed, arrogant Leslie. I realized the Rick in this story is the season 3 Rick, who wanted to keep his and Carl's humanity, so I had to rewrite it where he spares Leslie's life, and Zach ends up killing the power plant's CEO.

Paris' fate is open to interpretation. She was smart enough to dress appropriately for the outdoors, but she can't shoot the broadside of a barn. She'll either adapt or die in this new world.

#617 Rapscallion, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  18. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I completely get that and it was a good call too. This isn't the Rick Grimes we know now, he's still trying to keep his humanity and set an example for Carl, which will no doubt change after he runs into Joe and the Claimers.

But thank god Leslie is dead now. What a prick he was.

19. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

I was having trouble thinking of something for Rick to say to the plant workers that emerged from the power plant, asking what happened. I suddenly remembered Iron Man#200 (1985) when brilliant industrialist Tony Stark, who is the armored superhero Iron Man, dons the new Silver Centurion armor (my personal favorite) and defeats Obadiah Stane, the evil industrialist who destroyed Tony's life and stole his company. Rather than be arrested and face trial for his crimes, Stane, clad in the Iron Monger armor, commits suicide with a repulsor blast to the head. Iron Man walks out of the burning factory, and a shocked executive asks "What happened?" Iron Man answers simply: "Somebody lost."

#619 Rapscallion, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  20. Rapscallion

CHAPTER 27

Carol awakened slowly, slid her limbs along the arm, soft surface she laid upon, and slowly blinked until her eyes adjusted to the gray light that had crept through the windows. She tugged on the blanket to bring it over her bare shoulders, and that's when she felt an arm draped across her waist, a body pressed against her back, and warm breath drifting softly across her neck.

Daryl.

Carol smiled when she realized they both were sleeping naked in bed. She placed her left hand atop Daryl's and remembered last night's events: Daryl whispering to her that walkers were in the group's cell block, but that they could handle it themselves; cautiously entering the infirmary, and then the doctor's office, where she found the furniture against the walls and a folding bed set up in the center of the room; Daryl locking the door, barricading it with a sofa, and then admitting he lied about the walkers just to get her here, and awkwardly confess his feelings towards her:

"I know how I feel about you, and I'm pretty sure you feel the same for me. I like what we've got together, and I don't think sex would piss it away. So I want you to know, that if you ever want to...whenever you're ready, I'll be ready too, and this bed will still be here."

Carol barley kept from laughing aloud. What Daryl had told her was the cheesiest thing she'd ever heard...but it was also the sweetest, because it meant that he was attracted to her after all.

Meanwhile, Daryl realized his confession didn't make Carol swoon like some character in a romance novel, and he blushed and went on a tirade:

"Christ Almighty. I'm a jackass. Go ahead...laugh. It ain't gonna hurt my feelin's. I've been beat. I've been whipped. I've been shot and stabbed. All that shit hurts a hell of a lot more than bein' laughed at."

When Carol felt she'd drawn out Daryl's embarrassment long enough, she called his name, which caught his attention. Then she tossed her gun away, put her hands on his chest, and slid them upwards until she held his face.

"I've waited a long time for you to make your move," Carol said smiling.

Carol then pulled Daryl down to her lips and kissed him. He was startled at first, but he embraced her and started kissing back. Daryl moved her towards the bed, and she fell backwards on it with Daryl falling on top of her. Carol started laughing until Daryl kissed her again. After that, they removed their clothes, climbed into bed and started making love. Carol's mind spun with memories of their lovemaking: long kisses, hands gliding over each other's bodies, Daryl lying on top of her; his thrusting, and the climax that sent shockwaves throughout her body.

The last thing Carol remembered before falling asleep was a weary Daryl huffing in amusement as they lay in each other's arms; maybe he realized his confession was cheesy, too.

Carol took the sleeping Daryl's left hand, brought it to her lips, and kissed his palm. She rolled over and gently pushed him onto his back. She rose up slightly on her elbows and gently brushed Daryl's dirty bangs away from his face. She found it amusing that underneath all the dirt, tattoos, and gruffness, there was a handsome man. Caro smiled at the image of Daryl blushing if she ever told him that. She decided not to tease him about his looks; the pet name 'Pookie' she gave him last night sounded more fun.

#620 Rapscallion, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016