Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tobias Tribute

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 1' started by Apollonia, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

This dude needs a page of his own. He was considered the fat, nerdy pimply kid, but he has proved his worth. Long SURVIVE Tobias

#1 Apollonia, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. The Duck

The Duck New Member

As the founder of Team Tobias, I approve this message!

3. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Count me in... keep goin' buddy!

4. John

John Member

So uh did they leave that canned food behind?

Also, Tobias made a mistake not sticking with the main crew.

Also, what was he doing at school when nobody else was there?

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He was getting that food, apparently. My question is, why did he want that tiny knife back? Was that the biggest knife in his kitchen? Why didn't he just bring a new knife from home when he went back to get the food?

6. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Tobias the prophet and martyr ...and Morgan for FTWD , for however long that lasts.

7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Tobias probably feels safer alone right now tbh but he just might be the one to save someone's ass later on.

If Tobias dies we riot!

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Should it be considered an insult that the writers made the character that is supposed to be the role of the viewer a fat, nerdy, pimple faced kid?????????

9. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping the principal would bite his face off and swiftly complete his shallow character arc:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCassandra

Truly he brings nothing to the story. The mom already realizes the situation, she doesn't need some student spouting the crap he read off the internet for her.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Tobias is one of the coolest chars ever, what you guys on about? He is not your stereotypical action dude, muscle mountain of doom or all our favourite golden heart sniper with a crossbow. Nor is he a stereotpical nerd. He got guts, brains and is simply, cool.

EDIT: Maybe she realized that this kid, knew wtf was going on and she thought he was just some conspiracy geek.

11. Eternal

Eternal Member

I like Tobias, and I don't think he's just some one-shot character or whatever. He's going to be merged into the cast with the rest of the family. Otherwise, what was really the point of him? It's not like he enlightened the mother on anything, she didn't even believe him. No, I see him being someone whose going to help get everyone in gear, he's already getting shit prepared, and has been ready before things really got out of control. I'm rooting for both him and Nick, tbh only good characters in this show so far, though I kind of see potential in Liza too.

12. Funion The Baba

Toby will been seen again. But first he is going to set up his own Crossfit "Box" and get pumped, wait maybe he will be more of a GYM Jones type, well we know he won't be able to do P90X since the power grid will fail and he won't be able to watch any dvds...I regress...next time we see him, he will be a lean, mean, zombie killn machine.

13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I don't think Tobias will last long if that run in with undead-Artie is anything to go by. It is one thing being smart and another being a survivor.

14. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

The kids dead. He's got smarts but he has no survival fighting skills. Had he faced that zombie alone he'd be dead now.

15. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I am so glad Mr.T got to use his knife after all he went through to get it back. On his own he would not have gotten close to the principal because he is just too cagey for your average zombie. He is by far the most interesting character. Virtually the only interesting character in my opinion and the one with the best potential for growth. Very uncreative characters too much Mr. Phil not enough Walking Dead.

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That was my thought. After all that work they leave the food when they have a CAR to carry it in? They should have pulled the car up to the door and loaded it to the gills, then split it later.

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Two theories:

1) Tobias becomes a Merle/Morgan and re-appears with his awesome presence.

2) Tobias is the backstory for

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not that it means anything, but knowing that Lincoln is actually in his late 20's, and no longer growing, he must be a pretty short dude. Kim Dickens is only in the 5'7"-8" range and she is noticeably taller than him in many scenes. It could be partly her shoes, but at times she looks a solid 3-4 inches taller.

19. Eternal

Eternal Member

I disagree that him being unable to take down the Principal means that he's obvious Walker Bait. The fact that he was fairly quick to not only warn Madison away from the walker, but showed a willingness to go at it, was a good sign to me. Especially him quickly realizing that body shots wasn't going to work, he went for the head. It mean's he's ready and willing to attack and defend himself and others if necessary. He's open to the very real possibility of disaster, realizes whatever is happening is not just going to "go away" anytime soon, and was basically the first person we see preparing fully for this impending apocalypse. Yeah, he's clumsy now, but I know several characters from TWD who were pretty clumsy in the beginning too and now they're badasses. I have faith right now that he'll be a good ally for the Clark Family soon enough and I'm certainly not counting him out just yet, far from it.

#19 Eternal, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah technically speaking if he survives the start ouf the outbreak he gonna lose weight and get more in shape from moving around more.

Remember Carol? Remember Beth? Not the strongest characters on the boat but Carol ended up experienced, cold, calculating and vicious to enemies. Beth did get hardened to. I think everyone in this crew is out to be zombie meat if we want to look at it with these eyes. I mean? The few people in the Walking Dead who really is anything close to trained for the shit they met is Rick, Shane, Daryl and Merle who all been either criminals, hunters or cops. Many other survivors are just your every day accountant or pizza runner boy. If he survives passed the first season, he can very well harden up. I mean, the Rick pack got Eugene. And a brain is never wrong.

As people pointed out, Tobias already had some ideas down and did dare take on a zombie principal. Eugene did not dare this several weeks, months and even year into the apoc.