Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion Too Michael Bay like

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Brem, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem New Member

Okay, so when Call of Duty 4 came out, I was hooked, the single player rocked and so did the multiplayer, as MW2 came out I started to notice something, these games focus a lot on big explosions and massive things falling down. It almost feels like a Michael Bay film. That's not a good thing by the way. Each Call of Duty after basically followed that formula. Look at how many times you have to shoot down a helicopter and how close it comes to hitting you? Doesn't that happen a lot in the Call of Duty series?

I really hope this is the general run of the mill single player with enough action. It's got to be able story and not big explosions. That's where newer Call of Duty's fail for me. Do you think Ghosts will be like this?

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

The CoD games have always tried to create an interactive action movie. I guessing you think the games are too predictable, because every major action event ends with a close call, or narrow escape. I don't know about you, but if the SP campaign didn't have these close calls, the cutscenes and action would be less intense and I wouldn't get any satisfaction from taking down all those damn helicopters.

If you blow something up and it doesn't almost kill you, you're doing it wrong...

3. Gordy

Gordy New Member

It doesn't really bother me too much, but I get where you're coming from. You have to look at it like this, why wouldn't they put this Michael Bay-esque action in it? It delivers enough to keep players engaged to complete the game. There are a lot of predictable things that happen in the world of Call of Duty, but oh well, best thing you can do is just deal with it I suppose.

4. LethalSniper

LethalSniper New Member

I quite like it when COD games have epic scenes in them and there is tonnes of stuff going on around you. I agree that they sometimes do try too hard to be cinematic and overdo the explosions and slow motion, but usually it adds to the game and makes you feel immersed in it.

5. Mw3Failed

Mw3Failed Member

Even battlefield campaigns are beginning to become like that.
    It would be boring if those cinematic scenes were not in COD.

6. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

Hu call of duty games have single player game modes?

7. Disasterpiece

Disasterpiece Active Member

What more can you expect from an action game.

8. Stovy4x4ing

Stovy4x4ing Member

Metal Gear Solid >> COD series. . story wise.

9. WesticlesMantoothThe3rd

Too much action in an action based game!

10. Ne7work

Ne7work New Member

i quite like it when there's epic scenes, too. like for example being chased by a bunch of humvee-like jeeps and shooting off rockets, all over the place, i was whooping the whole time through. the problem with SP is that IW/Treyarch pay too much attention to "explosions need to be right here, and right here, and gun battles need to be over here." give us a good story!

i'm not the least impressed with the rest of the story that i forgot what happened between the in-the-meantime-apocalyptic stint to space station (breathtaking, btw) to the 100-missiles humvee chase. the water level was underwelming, and it's supposed to be "awe" kind of level....

i do like the story scenes, where characters, buildings, weapons disappear into the air like smoke... whoever did those needs a raise, an artsy person like that - we need more like him.

11. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Well-Known Member

LOL BOY IT IS CALLED LEVOLUTION AND YOU SUCK AT IT YOU ****ING INFERIOR RACE

12. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

I quite liked the single player, it was a little dramatic but playing as the dog(Riley) and the underwater scenes were great. I also like all the assortment of weapons the enemy dropped along the way, gave you a perspective of the weapons available in multiplayer.

13. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I like Michael Bay. So I like this.

14. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I actually quite liked the campaign. I'm working on beating the veteran mode, which is a tradition of mine. I've beaten CoD4, W@W, BO1, MW2 (twice), MW3, all on veteran. I haven't beaten the BO2 campaign yet.

15. Mw3Failed

Mw3Failed Member

What?

16. NukeInbound

Lrn engrish u lil shiet

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mw3Failed

Mw3Failed Member

I need to learn English?

No, the battlefield campaign does not have LEVOLUTION.

And how can I suck at it??

18. NukeInbound

Wit ur mouth lawl

19. Chingling

Chingling Member

I enjoy the added special effects. I feel that these things make the game pop out, or something of the sort. If they add too much, I agree that it would be over the top. But right now I think they have a good balance.

20. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

It's no suprise, really. Call of Duty is for gaming what Michael Bay's films are for the film industry - mindless fun without too much substance. I'd argue that Advanced Warfare had a really good story and that it didn't follow too many cliches, but the ending was surprisingly bad. It's like they canned the cliches for the whole game only to let them run free during the last 5 minutes of the game.