Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion Too Michael Bay like

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Brem, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Corten

Corten New Member

That's what appeals to the masses. You can't really change that. For me CoD campaings were always about explosions and flashy moves, after the WaW and I'm fine with that, it's entertaining.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Definitely. If they don't exaggerate with the explosions (like the developers of JC 3 seem to do) we can have some pretty cool games, that cater to realism as well.

3. Armando

Armando Member

I mean every Call of Duty is "too Michael Bay like", they're basically action movies filled to the brim with high tension scenes, explosions, and I love every COD campaign exactly for that reason. It's amazing to watch, it's fun and people love it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

4. Captain Remus

Captain Remus New Member

Yeah in reality call ofof duty could chill out with all of the crazy explosions , but you must keep in mind aside from the realism, it is a video game where players love violence and watching everything go boom. Explosions just make everything better, or some cases worse. It depends on your persona

5. Potausen

Potausen New Member

When the game wants to portray your character as a badass, demigod spec-ops agent that always wins against the odds, destruction and explosions are needed. You may think that you can feel like a god if you are a stealthy sniper, taking your enemies out from a distance. But doesn't that make you feel vulnerable from their attacks if they manage to fight back? What about walking through a crumbling city with explosions going off everywhere, doing nothing to you? Doesn't that makes you feel like an untouchable spec-ops elite? As long as the characters and the story are as ridiculous as the environments they're in, the explosions will never be too much.

6. Squigly

Squigly New Member

Well CoD isn't a particularly realistic FPS series, so I think Michael Bay-like explosions and weapons are fine. It's still not as far-fetched as games like Just Cause 3 or Far Cry, so I'd say that the game is fine as it stands.

7. rz3300

rz3300 New Member

Well now that you mention it, maybe that is the reason why I was a little turned off by some of the explosions and the action scenes. I am only kidding, of course, but his movies and special effects are pretty similar and nothing really too exciting, and maybe something a little more fresh would be nicer.

8. dblanch

dblanch New Member

I think that's just what you can expect from this series now. Long gone are the days of Call of Duty trying to be a realistic war simulator. They're just having fun at this point, you shouldn't take it too seriously as they don't. It's all just for the sake of fun and silliness now.