Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Too Much Blood??

Discussion in 'Episode 1001 - Lines We Cross' started by Terminator, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

In the forest, fighting the fire and the walkers, one of group slits the throat of a walker from behind. There was a LOT of blood, which made me wonder if it was a Whisperer, but they didn't dwell on it. I just thought it was weird to see so much blood pumping out of a true walker.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It was Carol and I had the same thought - that is was far too much blood not to mention it was not that thick black molasses type "blood" from walkers.

I kept trying to determine if any of the walkers were actual people but it was so chaotic I could not tell. Which of course was great because that lent a bit "realism" as to what it must be like when in the midst of them. So much going on that it is difficult, frightening to figure out what is a walker and what is a whisperer.

But yes, the redness of the blood, the fact that it was not gooey thick blackish gunk made me wonder if it was in fact a person that Carol killed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@Zedd @Tony Davis @Jama someone, please move to the episode 1 thread. I am not sure anymore who to ask for what :p

@Terminator I hope you do not mind me asking that your post be moved. It is such a great topic that I would hate for it to be overlooked!

4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I believe the too much blood pouring out if the neck was a necessity. They were trying, I think, to show Carol using the blood pouring to drown out the fire right there. I guess it's to show how efficient Carol is...to kill a walker and used it to put out a small fire? Does look kind of comical and ridiculous.

Didn't the director say every episode they had to come up with some new special way of killing walkers or walkers dying? I think this killing is it for this episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

What we are trying to determine is if it was an actual walker or was it a whisperer in a skin mask? The blood seemed too "fresh"

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not only should less blood be coming out, it should also be long since coagulated. Blood does not stay liquid for long in a corpse. I think it would have been better if they made it clear it was a whisperer. But still, putting out fire with blood is a neat idea ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

So we are back to the basic chicken n egg argument.

Without fresh blood carrying oxygen to the body and limbs to allow the muscles to contract how are walkers moving? So they need fresh flowing blood.

But then for blood to flow one needs a heart pumping it, so how are standalone heads moving their facial muscles, mouths and tongues?

Does walkers have and need fresh flowing blood? No one knows. I bet the writers don't either.

8. Neuropyramidal

They don't lol. Even when Kirkman himself tries to explain the technicalities of walkers, it doesn't make sense. He says things like "oh they have metabolism, its just slower than ours" and leaves it at that. He has no idea lol. He also once said that the reason you die from a walker bite is just because walker's have regular bacteria associated with dead things on them, which also makes ZERO sense. If it was regular bacteria then they would try antibiotics the same way we've seen them try antibiotics many other times for other infections. And if it was regular bacteria it wouldn't kill that quickly, especially small distal bites. People would sometimes be sick for weeks before dying, and some people would even recover. It only makes sense that its some walker-specific new agent that always kills, and kills very fast. Like Captain Trips from The Stand but 100% fatal instead of 99%

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I thought the exact same thing. When they showed all the blood I figured that she had to have killed a Whisperer. We've never had that sort of impact from a walker kill before, aside from their guts spilling out. That was a ton of blood.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not to mention the look on her face - she did seem to derive a bit of pleasure enjoyment satisfaction from that particular kill :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I thought the same... and I felt like it was really emphasized because the camera focused in on it for a bit. I think it'll come into play... Alpha saw Carol across her line, and they also killed one or some of her people while crossing their border.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

On AMC.com there is a little 5 minute bonus Talking Dead segment that wasn't aired on tv Sunday night, and they talk about what into this scene, and Nicotero mentions that Angela had some misgivings about it, wondering if the scene was maybe a bit too "crazy".

13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

@Dnae I'm sorry. I tried to move it. Either I don't have the proper authorization to do so, or my attempts to do so were done incorrectly. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that either one is equally plausible.