Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Too Much Too Soon

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Nov 28, 2012.

1. DizzTheRed

DizzTheRed New Member

I agree! There were episodes I loved more than others but I love the show in its entirety!

2. DizzTheRed

DizzTheRed New Member

Due to Mazzara's direction. Darabont was good, but had a more movie-like idea for the show. I like all of it, slow or fast-paced, but overall I think Mazzara is the right choice for the future of WD.

3. DalekSec

DalekSec Active Member

Such charity of spirit. You guyz iz teh bestest!!!

4. Kenster

Kenster Member

Payback's a bitch. And her name is Michonne!

:)

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Agreed, but only little parts here and there. Overall, this show has totally kicked my expectations ass!!

I wasn't attempting to be critical of the series (and thankfully everyone here seems to get that), I was merely ppointing out something that I found annoying with this ep.

It also annoyed me that Andrea didn't shout from the rooftops that Milton's experiment would yield no positive results as per the knowledge she gleaned from the CDC (aka some the greatest scientific and medical minds in the world, who happened to be in contact with most of the world). While Andrea did tell Milton his theory was wrong, I would have expected her to follow it up with "...because when we found ourselves at the CDC, the last man standing told us... ....and then I decided to kill myself because of that information."

I think Milton's quest for answers has more to do with The Gov keeping his sorry-ass alive than it does anyhting else. Example: Miltron probably tells the Gov that he believes some part of living-Penny still functions inside dead-Penny, thus giving the Gov hope and a reason to keep Milty alive. I'm also sure we will learn that Milty has no formal education in the sciences whatsoever. But I could be wrong.

6. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I actually like Milton the Monster. He's a nerd guy whose only chance of survival is to latch on lamprey-like to a powerful host and he's done just that. I thought in the last episode he did show the characteristics of those with scientific training, e.g. obsessively continue with procedure regardless of the big picture and deny the evidence of your lying eyes in front of you in favour of your theory. I wouldn't be surprised if he's instrumental in saving some people and eventually joining the prison group.

7. RDZ

RDZ Member

Are you talking about Milton or Andrea?

;-)

8. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

A bloodsucking leech. :)

NICE! I love this more than you'll ever know.
    I would. I just haven't seen any signs of wavering loyalty towards the Gov from him, yet. Fear of the Gov, yes, but nothing that would imply he'd bail from Woodbury at the first sign of trouble. I'll be curious to see how closely, if at all, this doc is written to the doc in the source material.

9. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I don't know the source material on which Milty is based so I can't comment on that. But Milton has shown evidence of unease about brutality.

I wouldn't be surprised if Milty isn't the one who messes up the

10. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

I do believe the writers know what they are doing, with the actions of the characters logical when analysed. The inside the episodes posted by AMC on youtube confirms most of our speculations. But it seems we are left to fill in the blanks in many instances. Most people don't see the Inside of the episode recaps or read forums etc. Milton's experiment is a great example of this. For most, it was random. The episode did not connect Penny to the experiment, or even link back to The Govs/Milton curiosity with Michonne's tamed zombies.

I would have liked more fleshed out scenes with Michonne with the prison group. her motivation for going back into Woodbury came off unclear. With her coincidentally leaving out Andrea and Merle's names seeming ridiculous.

I would have done without some of the action like the random crazy guy in the cabin, to have these stories more fleshed out. The need of the action sequences seemed forced. Not as organic as the action packed episodes that was 1, 2 & 4.

11. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Milton isn't based off anyone from the comics. The black woman from 303 is the tv version of both doctors in Woodbury.

12. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

I thought that too after I posted. She's kinda hot. I wanna see more of her! Perhaps Milty is based loosely on the male doc in the comics.

13. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah she kinda is. She should show up more... she is credited as a recurring character but has been in only 1 episode. Where as Oscar is a co-star and he's been in 7.

14. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

While I am willing to wait, I'm really interested in seeing how at the end of this arc things shake out. More specifically, who survives and who goes where. Lots of random people in Woodburry we haven't met that might actually be really interesting. Heck, could even be some badasses that have covered up their skills, so as to not get tied up with The Gov'na and can stay with their family. Who knows!

15. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Damn right! On all points, particularly the spoon-feeding part. I've seen character development.

Michonne just gets it. No need to talk much. When she saved Andrea, did that not make the loudest statement possible? Who else could have saved someone from that? Who else has shown such creativity in using the walkers to their advantage like that? ****ing brilliant, I say. And the fact that she doesn't like talking about her "pets" and gets emotional about them tells you with all the subtlety of a neon sign that there's more to learn about her.

Axel's just a good ol' boy, not too bright but not a bad man either. I picture him as the unassuming type who worked odd jobs and got busted for having some hash in the glove compartment or some stupid shit like that, and never should have been locked up in the first place.

Oscar's not an evil predator type, but probably grew up in an environment that conditioned him to react to threats with extreme violence. And just like the kid who finally stands up to the bully and decks him - right or wrong, it's eventually going to get you into trouble. Remember how he reacted to his first encounter with walkers....

[​IMG]

16. Machete

Machete Active Member

17. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Machete, you may be right. If so, that's not a bad thing.

I don't necessarily think the writers are trying to give us the right impression every time, otherwise it would be a pretty boring series. And of course, left to our own interpretations, some of our us may be absolutely off the mark. The twists & unexpected developments are part of what makes a series like this great. It's the apocalypse..... so by definition NOBODY knows what the hell is going to happen next. The old playbooks of a civil society are sometimes completely useless now.

18. Creepy

Creepy Member

19. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I think he's the replacement for the twins and Julie's boyfriend Chris.

20. ThatGuy0965

ThatGuy0965 Member

ive been thinking the exact thing. they should've spaced all this out in a couple more episodes ;O